Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:02:15 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FIST OF FEAR, TOUCH OF DEATH (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FIST OF FEAR, TOUCH OF DEATH (1980)  (Read 1601 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 14, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »

A few days ago, I stumbled upon this "gem" in Mill Creek's MARTIAL ARTS CLASSICS 50 Movie Pack.  It's one of the worst "pseudo-documentary-edited-together-from-bits-and-pieces-of-other-movies" films I have ever seen.

The center piece of the movie is a martial arts competition at Madison Square Garden where the winner could supposedly become Bruce Lee's successor as Master of the Martial Arts.  The movie jumps around between fake interviews, martial arts clips from Madison Square Garden, old footage of Bruce Lee, and flashbacks inside of flashbacks.  About half the movie consists of clips from older martial arts movies.  Guest stars such as Fred Williamson and Ron van Clief show up long enough to prove that they are bad actors.  The only interesting aspect of the movie is the "host," Adolph Caesar, whose distinctive voice you will probably recognize from trailers for old grindhouse movies. 

This movie is deliciously bad and is required viewing for martial arts fans.

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:29:50 PM »

I'm almost halfway through the MA 50 pack, so I'm sure this one is coming up soon!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 05:05:39 PM »

I own this movie on a DVD double feature that also contains Game of Death II on the disc. Fred Williamson is absolutely hilarious in this film though I'm not sure if he intended for his role to be that way. Well worth watching!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »

I own this movie on a DVD double feature that also contains Game of Death II on the disc. Fred Williamson is absolutely hilarious in this film though I'm not sure if he intended for his role to be that way. Well worth watching!

Game Of Death 2: now there's a name I haven't heard in years. I still have my copy taped off of WTAF 29 (Philadelphia) back when it was UHF before cable came along. That was actually a good movie.
Kim-Tai-Chung (who also played Bruce Lee in No Retreat, No Surrender (a Jean-Claude Van Damme film from the 80's) plays Billy Lo's younger brother, Bobby. Billy Lo was Bruce's character's name in the original Game Of Death.
Archivist

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 04:52:24 AM »

Thank you for this, I had heard of it but never seen it.  It looks truly bad and I'm eagerly anticipating what it will be like!  TeddyR Thumbup

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FIST OF FEAR, TOUCH OF DEATH (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.