Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:53:07 PM
712921 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guys Night: Bad Movie Suggestions « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Guys Night: Bad Movie Suggestions  (Read 11557 times)
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:10 AM »

the 90s version of the The Punisher with Dolph Lungren.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 04:49:26 AM »

The entirety of the '80s Schwarzenegger canon.

Two of them are amazing. Predator, which is still one of my votes for the perfect action film, and Total Recall, which is pretty gonzo for the era.

Then watch The Running Man, which is pure '80s cheese.

You could then watch The Terminator, but that's a little better well done than most of the others, and its darkness is more disturbing. That and it has nudity. (Then again, Total Recall has that three-breasted prostitute.) But I don't think anybody should deny any young man the Terminator and the Predator.

The rest of them, eh. But I grew up watching these films. I saw them all when they first came out and I was born in 1978. Classic.

If you want to go into full irresponsibleness mode, watch Robocop. Still one of my favorite movies. Way too gory and violent for any kid to watch, so they say.  I saw it when I was ten. I love it more today then when I saw it then.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 06:35:05 PM »

Rocky 4 is a good one to watch, it's pure cheese.  Also, the training montages are the best.  If you want a really bad movie that they might like, try Yor: The Hunter from the Future.  It's got lots of fighting, explosions, dinosaurs, and other things.  If you want a good Godzilla movie you could try Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974), it's got plenty of blood, action, and monster fights.

If you want some better movies, Batman movies should go over well.  Batman (1989) or any of the Dark Knight Trilogy would be good.
Bushma

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 07:13:13 PM »

the 90s version of the The Punisher with Dolph Lungren.

Last time I saw that is when it came out in VHS.

We've watched Commando and Preditor before. Running Man is a great idea!

If you want to go into full irresponsibleness mode, watch Robocop. Still one of my favorite movies. Way too gory and violent for any kid to watch, so they say.  I saw it when I was ten. I love it more today then when I saw it then.
LOL we watched that one before. Great film, they loved it!

Yor: The Hunter from the Future.  It's got lots of fighting, explosions, dinosaurs, and other things.

That sounds like it has everything!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Bushma

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 07:19:55 PM »

Let me clarify the nudity bit. I don't mind a flash of boob, but let's try to avoid sex scenes.  Like the shower scene from Starship Troopers was fine, triple breasted whore from Total Recall was alright. Just nothing drawn out.

Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »

Two of them are amazing. Predator, which is still one of my votes for the perfect action film, and Total Recall, which is pretty gonzo for the era.

You could then watch The Terminator, but that's a little better well done than most of the others, and its darkness is more disturbing. That and it has nudity. (Then again, Total Recall has that three-breasted prostitute.) But I don't think anybody should deny any young man the Terminator and the Predator.

How could you leave out Commando?

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
major jay

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 09:56:53 AM »

Let me clarify the nudity bit. I don't mind a flash of boob, but let's try to avoid sex scenes.  Like the shower scene from Starship Troopers was fine, triple breasted whore from Total Recall was alright. Just nothing drawn out.

Well considering that I'll throw MIAMI CONNECTION into the mix.

JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 11:16:55 AM »

Tonight is one of the two or three nights a year where my wife will take my daughter and spend the night with her mother, which leaves my boys and I alone. We do what any guy left alone would do, we drink a lot of soda stay up late and eat a bunch of junk food. We also watch some "guy movies", which are usually bad.

We mainly watch "guy movies" guns, explosions, Sci-Fi, etc.

Tonight's movies are:
Deadly Prey
Space Hunter: Adventures In the Forbidden Zone
Expendables 2

What would you suggest for future nights?  Keep in mind my oldest is 12 so nothing with too much skin. If I have to tell the kids "don't tell mom" we're not watching it.

I hope you don't mind me saying that you are the coolest dad ever.  My son is only 3, so he doesn't share my interests yet, but I've always told my wife that I cannot wait until he and I do this as well...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »

Yes, TREMORS! Love that series, even the sequels...well, not so hot on #4, but...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Bushma

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 12:48:06 PM »

Doesn't seem like I could watch those with my kids.  Am I wrong?

Bushma

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »

Yes, TREMORS! Love that series, even the sequels...well, not so hot on #4, but...

I think we could do 1 and 2, after that is where even I start to lose interest.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 01:26:38 PM »

You would absolutely need to tell them, "don't tell mom."  I should have read your original post more closely . . . I glossed over the part about young kids being involved as "the guys!"

Buggedout

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »

The rest of them, eh. But I grew up watching these films. I saw them all when they first came out and I was born in 1978. Classic.

I agree with this 100%.  The reason Arnold is a big star is the action hit after action hit in the 80s.

rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2013, 05:32:32 PM »

How could you leave out Commando?

He said he was going to do it last... but he lied!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Guys Night: Bad Movie Suggestions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.