Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:31:11 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  REASONS NOT TO SURF THE WEB « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: REASONS NOT TO SURF THE WEB  (Read 15107 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: March 28, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »

You run into tripped-out stuff like this....

http://pixyland.org/peterpan/petersFashionPage.html

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 12:57:19 PM »

Cool shoes, though . . .  Lookingup

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:03:36 PM »

On a special "Big Bang Theory", Howard Wolowicz comes out of the closet!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:33:29 PM »

I had forgotten about the "Peter Pan guy." I stumbled across his website years ago. Believe it or not, he started that website as an attempt to find a girlfriend! Worse yet, he actually did find one---an overweight, middle-aged Tinkerbell impersonator! Think about the honeymoon... ew...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »

That's still better than www.lennonmurdertruth.com , where some nutjob tries to prove that it was horror writer Stephen King who actually shot John Lennon, acting under coded orders from Richard Nixon concealed on the covers of Time Magazine!!! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 02:05:25 AM »

I had forgotten about the "Peter Pan guy." I stumbled across his website years ago. Believe it or not, he started that website as an attempt to find a girlfriend! Worse yet, he actually did find one---an overweight, middle-aged Tinkerbell impersonator! Think about the honeymoon... ew...

Randy Constan is a self-taught computer programmer, residing in Tampa, Florida, and founder of “Through the Crack Ministries”. He gained notoriety as a Peter Pan impersonator who posted his cosplay pictures on a website in 2001, in what he stated was an attempt to find a girlfriend. The website became a widely-circulated, and in 2001 Constan’s website, pixyland.org (aka Peter Pan’s Home Page) won a Webby Award in the “weird” category.

knowyourmeme.com

The Peter Pan guy was one of my first "OMG!" experiences on the Internet back in 2001. Ahhh the memories ...Some of my all times favorites from yesteryear are Mosh Girl (Moshzilla) and the legendary white couple with black friends site.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 02:35:48 AM »

Ah. Peter Pan guy. That is a blast from the past.

It's an interesting exercise in examining what the internet really is. When it first came to prominence, it was billed as the "information superhighway." That is, the internet was a repository of information that could be accessed at any time. None of this going-to-your-local-library-to-read-their-encyclopedia. Now it's all at your fingertips, and if you're interested, the darkest and weirdest aspects of the human condition are now at the ready.

Don't get me wrong, that is what the internet is in many ways.

But that viewpoint obfuscates the true revolution that the internet embodies. A communication revolution. Sure there are vast repositories of information at your fingertips. Sure you can see some horrible stuff (remember rotten.com?). But it is vastly more important that it allows people to communicate with each other in ways they never could before.

I'm currently friends on Facebook with people who were always a very peripheral part of my life. Not great friends, but I am now aware of their lives. That is something that would never have happened without the internet.

And more to my point, that Peter Pan dude would have just been one more lonely guy with a weird hobby. If Rev. Powell (a notorious liar) is to be believed, that guy was successful in finding another who shares the same interests. Pre-internet, a virtually impossible task.

Easy to make fun of that guy. But imagine a world where a group of people have an obsession with really cheesy and bad movies, and they get together to discuss them, and they had a forum. Maybe I could make an arbitrarily mean accusation against one of them, fully expecting that they knew I was joking, even though I had never met them in real life.

The internet is an information repository, but more importantly, it has changed the way people communicate. Irrevocably.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 03:49:15 AM »

That's Ariel, The Prince of Darkness!

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/Ablert_Fred1.html

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Paquita

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 03:22:47 PM »

There's this giant brownish seagull that sometimes shows up outside the window at work among the normal looking seagulls.  It looks very interesting and there seems to be only one, so I wondered if it was some rare species and maybe I should take pictures of it, or even catch it to prove it exists!  So I started by searching for "brown seagull" in Google... one of the first results was an Urban Dictionary definition partially showing on the search page so I didn't even need to click into it to see what it meant.  This quickly ended my quest for knowledge about the brown seagull.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »

There's this giant brownish seagull that sometimes shows up outside the window at work among the normal looking seagulls.  It looks very interesting and there seems to be only one, so I wondered if it was some rare species and maybe I should take pictures of it, or even catch it to prove it exists!  So I started by searching for "brown seagull" in Google... one of the first results was an Urban Dictionary definition partially showing on the search page so I didn't even need to click into it to see what it meant.  This quickly ended my quest for knowledge about the brown seagull.

Google can be your friend, and it can most definitely be your enemy.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

Easy to make fun of that guy. But imagine a world where a group of people have an obsession with really cheesy and bad movies, and they get together to discuss them, and they had a forum. Maybe I could make an arbitrarily mean accusation against one of them, fully expecting that they knew I was joking, even though I had never met them in real life.

Yuck, buncha sick bastards....
 You knowthe Internet IS the worlds greats library of well, everything... Its jus stuff thats odd, or involves cats, seems to float to the surface. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

You forget, the internet rarely has things sacred, it's mostly polluted.

yeah no.
Bushma

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 08:09:53 AM »

Its jus stuff thats odd, or involves cats, seems to float to the surface. 

You mean like this?

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

Either she's not very pretty...or he's not very pretty.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »

Google can be your friend, and it can most definitely be your enemy.

Indeed.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  REASONS NOT TO SURF THE WEB « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.