Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:16:45 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What three Vincent Price movies would you pick... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What three Vincent Price movies would you pick...  (Read 12103 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2013, 08:27:10 AM »

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his turn as the Invisable Man-reprisesing Claude Rains role in the 1933 classic-in the INVISABLE MAN RETURNS (1940) his first starring horror role!
Trivia time!-Vinnie also did the voice of the Invisable Man at the end of ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN (1948)-his only screen (non)appearance with Bela Lugosi!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »

Hmmm.....

HOUSE OF WAX
THEATER OF BLOOD
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

Also, I have to give a shout-out to his "Thriller" guest appearance Twirling

Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »

Hmmm.....

HOUSE OF WAX
THEATER OF BLOOD
EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

Also, I have to give a shout-out to his "Thriller" guest appearance Twirling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

Not his first association with music-check him out with Alice Cooper-the Black Widow!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:30 PM »

I'd also suggest trying to track down his guest apperance on the Muppet Show.  he was actually pretty cool there too.

and F Troop

Babies taste best.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 02:33:52 PM »

I'd also suggest trying to track down his guest apperance on the Muppet Show.  he was actually pretty cool there too.

and F Troop

aye aye Captain Bligh!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Archivist

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 11:46:33 PM »

As a kid, I first saw him in Master of the World (1961).  It thrilled me no end, to the point where I was drawing contraptions like he used in the movie.  I barely remember it now, although as a seven or eight year old I thought it was fabulous.

Small | Large

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
dean

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53:04 AM »

Other than just saying 'hey why pick only three' I'll add another vote to the first Dr Phibes.  Any movie that has someone being killed by a unicorn statue is a-ok in my book.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
66Crush
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 03:16:36 PM »

You've pretty much covered the classics.

I would add:

MADHOUSE

and

THE LAST MAN OF EARTH.

If "The Last Man on Earth" seems a lot like "Night of the Living Dead there is a good reason for that. They are both loosely based on the book "I am Legend," which spawned the Will Smith movie of the same name and the Charlton Heston classic "Omega Man." This movie was truly ahead of it's time by a few years.
"Madhouse" is the same kind of role Vincent Price has done many times before. But it is still one of his best performances.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »

You've pretty much covered the classics.

I would add:

MADHOUSE

and

THE LAST MAN OF EARTH.

If "The Last Man on Earth" seems a lot like "Night of the Living Dead there is a good reason for that. They are both loosely based on the book "I am Legend," which spawned the Will Smith movie of the same name and the Charlton Heston classic "Omega Man." This movie was truly ahead of it's time by a few years.
"Madhouse" is the same kind of role Vincent Price has done many times before. But it is still one of his best performances.

Kudos to The Last Man On Earth!  Not sure it would be one of my faves in the top 3, but if I had to do a 3-movie set, it would be:

House On Haunted Hill
The Pit And The Pendulum
The Tingler

Not that I haven't seen his other movies, I just like the fun factor of HOHH and Tingler, and chose "Pit" for a serious one because he was truly wacked in that one. Kudos to a young and pretty cute Barbara Steele too!  Cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What three Vincent Price movies would you pick... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.