Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:56:38 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lords Of Salem « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Lords Of Salem  (Read 4954 times)
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Okay let me put it this way.

If Rob Zombie made "Werewolf Women of the S.S." into a feature length film it might be the best thing he's done. That's what I mean when I say he has potential.

I really want this to happen. I think it would be brilliant.

The music in Lords is ok. I like the tune that plays from the record. John 5 did the score.

Yeah-he'll never be a Kubrick-or even a Tarintino-but he could make some great B-movies,I'll reckon!

I agree. I think he could do a great b-movie.

fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »

I will definitely echo what a lot of people are saying about this being pretty much a mess. By no means is this a great film but going in reading mostly terrible reviews I find that it's not the complete disaster some make it out to be.
Pros
-This movie looks fantastic for such a low budget, one cannot deny the obvious craft that went into making this.
-Horror fans will get to see not only a slew of familiar faces from the past, but tons of nods to some of the great horror films that inspired zombie. Nods to movies like The Beyond, The Shining and Suspiria are interspersed throughout. 
-In a time when so many horror movies are generic this film is clearly not.
-Some nice music touches.
Cons
-Lens flares in almost every scene does not equal scary.
-How many times do we really need to see a slow zoom down the same hallway?
-Horrible dialogue that seems to confuse being vulgar with being clever or funny.
-I don't have a problem with directors putting their wives in movies if they can act but Sherri moon is no actress. She has to anchor this whole movie and that's definitely a problem. Also dreadlocks are not a good look for a 40 year old woman. 
-It's kind of dull.
-The witches were never scary.
-You should just watch suspiria again instead.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 03:20:24 PM »

I like Sheri Moon Zombie! Of course I like to eat snapping turtle. Wont catch me eating snails. I eat frog legs. I'll never eat tripe.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:24:46 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »

Rob Zombie is hit or miss-kinda like John Carpenter.And I kinda gave up on Wes Craven and George Romero.They continue to fall back on old s**t. Zombies are passe. And Craven-gimme a break. I dont know where the future of horror is-but not with any of these usta be great but suck now hacks. We need fresh blood.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:32:06 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 05:08:14 AM »

I will definitely echo what a lot of people are saying about this being pretty much a mess. By no means is this a great film but going in reading mostly terrible reviews I find that it's not the complete disaster some make it out to be.
Pros
-This movie looks fantastic for such a low budget, one cannot deny the obvious craft that went into making this.
-Horror fans will get to see not only a slew of familiar faces from the past, but tons of nods to some of the great horror films that inspired zombie. Nods to movies like The Beyond, The Shining and Suspiria are interspersed throughout. 
-In a time when so many horror movies are generic this film is clearly not.
-Some nice music touches.
Cons
-Lens flares in almost every scene does not equal scary.
-How many times do we really need to see a slow zoom down the same hallway?
-Horrible dialogue that seems to confuse being vulgar with being clever or funny.
-I don't have a problem with directors putting their wives in movies if they can act but Sherri moon is no actress. She has to anchor this whole movie and that's definitely a problem. Also dreadlocks are not a good look for a 40 year old woman. 
-It's kind of dull.
-The witches were never scary.
-You should just watch suspiria again instead.

I agree with most if not all of the above. I like Sherri Moon In his other films, but I don't think she is a lead and i really dislike the dreadlocks.

claws
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 07:06:25 AM »

Rob posted a few videos of the movie on Facebook and the one I watched (walking the goat) was pretty bad. Still want to see the movie but I'll wait for the Blu-ray release.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lords Of Salem « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.