Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:41:48 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game Glitches « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Video Game Glitches  (Read 18707 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 30, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »

Tell me your craziest glitches.

Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Attempting to get the "Little Rocket Man" achievement

Little Rocket Man involves getting the gnome from the start of the game to the rocket at the endgame and placing it in a compartment on the head of the missile. Nowhere on the jalopy is there a place to keep the gnome but I still tried to insert the gnome into something with the gravity gun. I stood atop the trying to find ANYWHERE to put the damned thing. I found myself standing on the jalopy on top of the gnome.

I must have hit the wrong button as I was catapulted off of the map and died.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:01:01 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 05:54:44 PM »

I like how if you time your jump just right at the end of a -4 world in Super Mario Bros., you can jump on the axe as Big Mario and touch Bowser at the same time.  You'll hear the "shrink" music and Bowser will fall in the lava, but you'll still be big.  From now on until you die, getting touched as Big Mario kills you, but eating a mushroom turns you into small Mario.  Eat a plant as Small Mario and you shoot fireballs while temporarily having Big Mario's head!
That's my favorite weird glitch.. I'm currently trying to glitch as much of the outside walls in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  I stand at about 395%.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:39 PM »

I haven't done it yet, but in GTA IV, there is the Swingset Glitch:
Small | Large

It basically acts like a launcher and launches you away from the playground.

yeah no.
retrorussell

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »

I haven't done it yet, but in GTA IV, there is the Swingset Glitch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5oXiKYkTIw
It basically acts like a launcher and launches you away from the playground.

That made me laugh till I cried and hurt.  BounceGiggle

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:14 AM »

I'm currently trying to glitch as much of the outside walls in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  I stand at about 395%.

Outside walls? What do you mean; outside of the castle or...?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:53 AM »

A few amusing ones in Skyrim - a rabbit went shooting off the side of a mountain as if he was a little rocket ship, and when I walked up to a pair of mammoths one of them went flying straight up hundreds of feet into the air.  I think there may have been a giant nearby who bumped him with his club or something, as that would send me straight up into the air.  Dragons would occasionally get stuck in midair too so I could just hit them with spells over and over as they hung there motionless.  Not really a glitch, but riding a horse down a hill and coming to a ditch at the bottom, with my horse sitting pretty much perpendicular to the ground and still walking was pretty amusing.  Or riding my horse almost off the edge of a bridge, with three-quarters of him in midair but still standing there normally lol.

I remember Primal on the PS2 had some goofy glitches.  One time I could walk on an invisible plane way above the actual surface.  Another time half the walls of the buildings disappeared, which was kind of convenient for seeing what was inside those buildings.

I played the demo for some racing game, I think it was Split Second, and my car sunk halfway beneath the surface of the track.  All I could see was the tops of the buildings from down there.  Kind of difficult to navigate that way  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
retrorussell

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 02:15:03 PM »

Outside walls? What do you mean; outside of the castle or...?
[/quote]
Yes, outside the castle.  There are several glitches that allow this (and while you're outside, a white square shows up on the map for each space you've gone outside the castle on):
1. Use the Sword Brothers spell next to the confessional room in the chapel area.  As the sword spins, change into a bat and fly through the doorway.  You can fly out of the castle here.  If you can't find your way back in, use a Library Card.
2. Get the Duplicator and carry a Heart Refresh in each hand.  Do a single jump through the doorway and JUST before you can pass through to the next room, hit square or circle button.  A Heart Refresh will go off; as it does press and hold the other button (square or circle; the one you didn't press in the first place).  Keep switching back and forth between buttons like this.  Alucard will fall through the floor.  Keep holding forward and switching the buttons until about 25 Heart Refreshes have gone off, then you will appear under the floor in the next room, as long as there was no room underneath the next one on the map.  Then while you're under the floor hit a Heart Refresh for each white room you want to open up on the map.
3. When under a floor do the Heart Refresh button chain for 36 times, and you'll open another white floor on the map.
There are still several more glitches.  PM me if you want to learn more.  Also, check out World Beyond Walls, a site dedicated to glitching the Castlevania games.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 09:35:23 PM »

There's a glitch in GTA: SA that can have CJ have no head:
Small | Large

Starts at 2:52, it is gross, disturbing, and awesome!

yeah no.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:42:39 AM »

Yes, outside the castle.  There are several glitches that allow this (and while you're outside, a white square shows up on the map for each space you've gone outside the castle on):
1. Use the Swo ...derpherpderp...e map.
There are still several more glitches.  PM me if you want to learn more.  Also, check out World Beyond Walls, a site dedicated to glitching the Castlevania games.

Wow. I gotta try that. I have both the original Playstation game and the XBLA version. I'm not sure if the glitch works with XBLA but I know the infinite gem glitch works.

retrorussell

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »

Wow. I gotta try that. I have both the original Playstation game and the XBLA version. I'm not sure if the glitch works with XBLA but I know the infinite gem glitch works.
Yeah, I love that glitch.  You can also do the "super jump" under the librarian's chair repeatedly without touching the ground and get some extra items, culminating in the Axe Armor.
Yeah, the extra rooms glitch trick totally makes playing Symphony of the Night a new experience.  Check it out!

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »

Ya' gotta' love it when your horse goes over the side of a small ledge and somehow lands on his feet and keeps going like nothing ever happened in Red Dead Redemption..
VenomX73

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 12:34:34 PM »

Small | Large

emm... NES Mario Bros 1 -Level 2 water world glitch...
as I was never able to do it, it is real and I have seen others make it happen.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »

Speaking of SMB glitches..
The infinite lives trick from bouncing on the turtle on the steps toward the flag at the end of 3-1 is pretty awesome.
RESIDENT EVIL 4
One of the better glitches I know of (that actually helps you in the game):
The "Ditman" glitch.
1. Arm yourself with the STRIKER shotgun.
2. Aim, but let go just before the sighting laser appears.
3. Go into your inventory and switch to a different weapon.
4. You now have faster speed.  And you can glitch certain areas and go outside the playfield!  You may even find extra items!
Small | Large

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »

There's no glitch I came up with that can top what these guys find in their play throughs.

Small | Large

Favorite one is not in the video and is very recent for them.  They played through the entire game and the audio glitches out in the final cutscene to where it sounds like someone saying ouch over and over.  Played through the entire ending song.  Then when the game went back to the main hub, the audio glitched turned into one that made it sound like it was farting.  Then the guys ended the game and go back to the title screen where the ouch glitch kicked back in.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
DrSpunkwater
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 11:13:09 PM »

Ya' gotta' love it when your horse goes over the side of a small ledge and somehow lands on his feet and keeps going like nothing ever happened in Red Dead Redemption..

+1

It's so buggy, you have to wonder if the thing was even playtested. And if it was, apparently at Rockstar "playtest" means something akin to "circle jerk."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Video Game Glitches « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.