Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:14:56 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Looking for Sci-Fi-Movie about an ancient Alien in some sort of underground base « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for Sci-Fi-Movie about an ancient Alien in some sort of underground base  (Read 7068 times)
Melnex
New Visitor

« on: May 03, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »

My google-fu is at an end and I've checked Wikipedia and IMDB countless times.

I'm looking for an alien/science-fiction/horror movie I saw about 10, maybe even 15 years ago. Maybe more, maybe less. I'm guessing late 90's, but I seriously can't remember.

It's set in, what I believe, an arctic/antarctic scientific and/or mining base (and no, I'm not talking about 'The Thing' or 'Alien Hunter').
So, deep underground they find this ancient alien base/alien ship filled with various biotechnology, including some sort of gel in a small cocoon-like container which heals wounds nearly instantly. And of course they awaken a highly resilient (seemingly immune to gun-shots) alien lifeform which then, of course, goes on a killing spree.

The alien looked vaguely humanoid/ape-like, human in size but more stocky, with insectiod features, some kind of exoskeleton and an insectiod face, similar to that of a crab or a cicada.

Somehow, the scientists find out that this alien race basically created life on earth for the sole reason to harvest it when the planet is 'ripe', so to say.
So, the alien figured out "well, these humans could be a danger, so the time is right to kill EVERYTHING!" and wants to install some sort of antenna/beacon on the surface to call in the mothership or whatever.

At some point the alien cuts the power of the base, so the scientists think its weakness must be electricity (hurr durr). If I remember correctly, they manage to ram the alien with a modified mobile drill, but maybe I'm confusing the scene with 'Within the Rock' here - anyway they try to shock it to death, of course to no prevail.

Near the end they try to kill the alien with a grenade/TNT or whatever and the explosion blasts half its face off, but it still manages to climb up the elevator shaft to stop the protagonist from shutting down the beacon or something like that - hell I don't know.

Anyway, it was a s**tty B-movie I've been searching for years now. Most likely a TV-movie.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »

Parts of the plot sound like Xtro 2 (1990), and the alien had a gorilla-like build with some insectoid features.

The alien from the movie Lifeform (1997) also could fit your description, however the plot doesn't really match.

Here's Xtro 2:

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:24:26 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Melnex
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »

Thanks, but it's neither Xtro 2 nor Invader/Lifeform.

Well, after watching Xtro 2 again (thanks for the link!) I can definitely tell that the movie must be at least some years newer or had a much, much higher budget (which I highly doubt), so I think my guess that it's a late 90's movie is pretty accurate.

Now, I'm 100% positive about the part that it's set in an underground base in a remote location, that there's only one alien (and no infection of humans or anything going on), the thing about aliens creating life to harvest it after millions of years, that the alien wants to activate a beacon on the surface to call in its race because of the overdue harvest - and the small biotechnology-part with the healing-gel. And of course the scene near the end featuring the alien climbing out of that (elevator?) shaft with half its face missing due to an explosion of some sort.

Thing is, I searched every list about science fiction films I came across, including a list of over 1.000 movies from 2010 to 1970 on IMDB and found nothing that fits what I can remember.

I'm getting desperate.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »

Alien Hunter?

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:22:31 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Melnex
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »

While the setting is similar and even the design of the alien and its bio-tech pod are somewhat reminiscent of the ones used in the movie I'm looking for, it's clearly not Alien Hunter - as I've already stated.

As I first stumbled upon Alien Hunter I too thought that I've found it. Well, that was until I started to watch it. Different plot and not as much
horror elements.

The movie I'm trying to find is way more tension-building, much like Alien.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:34 PM »

as I've already stated.

Oops missed that, sorry.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
90sKid
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 05:49:28 AM »

Hi!
I was searching for the same movie on google and came across this forum. With the help of your description, which had considerably more details than mine, I have found the movie. Maybe you've found it since then too, but if you haven't, possibly you'll come back some day and check for updates. In anyway, thank you!

The movie is "Survivor" (1999) a.k.a. Nightworld: Survivor
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 09:30:11 AM »

sounds a lot like inseminoid to me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Looking for Sci-Fi-Movie about an ancient Alien in some sort of underground base « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.