Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:57:31 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Girlfriend « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Girlfriend  (Read 5525 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 07, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

She arrived last week (I think she's from China).  Bought her a new rack, which I like a lot.  Sneaked away from the wife and kids the other night and rode her hard for a few hours, got pretty dirty but had a lot of fun.  She's already dumped me once.

Yes, it's a new mountain bike.  I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:18:29 PM »

I had visions of Katie hiding in the shadows with a pointy object... Whew.

What make and model?  I ride an ancient Cannondale M800 I cannot give up on.  I always dreamed of owning a Cannondale, got one 10 years ago and cannot let it go.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »

Caption kinda fits, don't it? It's just the civilian version.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:35:33 PM »

I did most of my mountain biking on the West Coast, and love Giant bikes, so it is a 2013 Giant Anthem X1 29er.  Beautiful bike.  I need to knock the rust off my abilities to really get the most out of it.

I tried a nasty downhill the other day, about 40 to 50 yards long and between 45 and 50 degrees of slope - roots, rocks, ruts, and leaves.  I wiped out about 2/3 the way down.  Uncertain what happened, but my guess is that I hit a root wrong, went into a rut, and struck the pedals.  At least I can still bail and roll out well.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:14:17 PM »

Sounds a bit dangerous....and fun. Enjoy! Wink

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »

it is a 2013 Giant Anthem X1 29er. 

Very nice choice!   Thumbup

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »

She arrived last week (I think she's from China).  Bought her a new rack, which I like a lot.  Sneaked away from the wife and kids the other night and rode her hard for a few hours, got pretty dirty but had a lot of fun.  She's already dumped me once.

Yes, it's a new mountain bike.  I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

First I went  Buggedout and then  Smile TeddyR and then finally  BounceGiggle when I read this. That was a smile I needed this morning: been a hard week so far.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »

Nice. Mountain bikes are cool

got one of these for my 10th birthday in '87. Lasted me until at least my mid 20s  Smile

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »

I'm a bit out of shape for biking these days, but I loved it in the past, from old 26" models to Sting-Rays to ten-speeds, I felt really at home on a bike.

http://pointingthecannon.blogspot.com/2010/05/running-fountains.html

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »

I've got one (or more - just one obviously broken in the x-ray) broken ribs from a crash about 3 weeks ago, but have been back on the trails since then and rode with my normal group last Wednesday.  I found that I cannot deal riding with the "C" (beginner) group.

I found some YouTubes showing a few of the trails we ride at White Clay Creek.  What one guy calls Snow Goose cut-off is also called Mountain Goat trail:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Hah!  I was out there the same day as these guys, and followed the same path to start (they're going a little slow).  Where he flipped was a deep patch of mud that day:

Small | Large

And this video by the same guy shows the batch of logovers that I love so much (1:30 to 1:50).  It's fun to hit all of the big ones in a row:

Small | Large

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 11:40:23 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 12:09:58 AM »

Great videos!  Reminds me of riding my bike (now in the garage and dusty) I've owned nearly 30 years.  Great. I've got to get my act together and get mine out.  It's not that long since I road it here in the Shark River Hills. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 11:04:29 AM »

Great videos!  Reminds me of riding my bike (now in the garage and dusty) I've owned nearly 30 years.  Great. I've got to get my act together and get mine out.  It's not that long since I road it here in the Shark River Hills. 

I've heard that Monmouth has some nice singletrack trails.  Realizing that I am so close to two different parks with about 100 miles of trails in them (White Clay and Fair Hill) is what got me back into it hardcore.  There is a 6-8pm ride tonight with the Trailspinners at White Clay that I'll be at unless it rains this afternoon and makes the trails too wet.  Most of that is to avoid damaging the trails - riding wet trails tears them up.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 11:30:19 AM »

if it wasn't so damn hot outside, I would ride my bike, a black cruiser.

yeah no.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  New Girlfriend « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.