Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:40:41 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange how kids in general react to me.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Strange how kids in general react to me....  (Read 9019 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 09, 2013, 03:08:04 AM »

I mean as opposed to adults: some adults who don't know me take a look in my eyes and take another step backwards - people have told me that I have a madness in my eyes and that I am, to all intents and purposes anyway, a scary and intense person. Yeah, right, OK. TongueOut

If all the above is true, then why is it that kids seem to like me and are not frightened by me? A case in point: yesterday, i was waiting for the bus and I smiled at a child who was walking by me. I always have a smile for a child, any child, no matter how bad I may feel. He stopped, smiled, put his hand on my knee - maybe he thought I was a statue  TeddyR and I looked at him and smiled again. He smiled and walked away.

Result: I think children (the most perceptive of all humans) see the gentle soul beneath the supposedly scary exterior: therefore they are more adult than the adults.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:51:35 AM »

I think  has to do with your honesty and trueness. For reason I do not understand, that scares adults. Not children, though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Bushma

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 08:10:22 AM »

Adults in general are terrible people, I think it happens around puberty.  That's when we start to grow up, become more mature realize that we have to look good not for ourselves but for others because they will judge us and we in turn will judge them.  Everyone eventually becomes an a-hole wether they admit it or not. 

Given that this was still a child he saw you and thought "Oh Em Gee!  It's a super hero!"

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 08:16:28 AM »

I think  has to do with your honesty and trueness. For reason I do not understand, that scares adults. Not children, though.

Smile

If a child asks me a question, I answer truthfully, no nonsense. My special niece (now five) asked me once if I have someone in my life and I told her that I didn't. She wished that I would find someone.  Smile

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 08:18:22 AM »

Given that this was still a child he saw you and thought "Oh Em Gee!  It's a super hero!"

Well, he was right.  Wink TeddyR

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »

Adults in general are terrible people, I think it happens around puberty.  That's when we start to grow up, become more mature realize that we have to look good not for ourselves but for others because they will judge us and we in turn will judge them.  Everyone eventually becomes an a-hole wether they admit it or not. 

Good point Bushma.
We spend so much time worrying about how we look to others that we really don't realize that all the while we try to look good for others, we ourselves become critics of those around us who we perceive to not be as good looking by our standards.  And yes, we become idiots more than we know, speaking from experience and from the humility borne of that experience when it returns to me.

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »

You're a very kind and decent person,my friend,and kids pick up on that. Adults,however,just seem to want to pidgeon-hole others into some mold they can live with. Plus I think trust is often a casualty of adulthood.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 02:07:09 PM »

I agree with the rest of the folks here, and at the risk of coming across as a New Age freak, I'll offer an explanation, of sorts.

Kids don't have all the filters that we as adults have built up. They can sense auras. Doesn't mean they can see them, but I believe they can sense them. Most people have muddy auras; basically, they are like a cloud of static to kids. But when a person with a fairly clear aura gets near them, they can sense the calm, the lack of static. You have little to no static in your aura, good sir. To kids, you are like stepping out of a crowded street into a quiet meadow. You are an oasis for them in a world of static.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »

This is how kids look at me:

At least the three we had.  I assume others are better though.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »

HA HA!!!!   BounceGiggle
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 04:49:19 AM »

You're a very kind and decent person,my friend,and kids pick up on that. Adults,however,just seem to want to pidgeon-hole others into some mold they can live with. Plus I think trust is often a casualty of adulthood.

Thanks, SisterT: I have always found it a bit odd that children like and trust me, so I take extreme care never to betray that liking and especially the trust. I also get angry when people abuse children with their reasons being "it was done to me". It was done to me too and I will never abuse a child, mentally, physically or verbally.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52:12 AM »

Most people have muddy auras; basically, they are like a cloud of static to kids. But when a person with a fairly clear aura gets near them, they can sense the calm, the lack of static. You have little to no static in your aura, good sir. To kids, you are like stepping out of a crowded street into a quiet meadow. You are an oasis for them in a world of static.

Mom told me that I undergo a visible change when I am around children: my eyes and facial expressions become warmer and I am able to relate to kids on a "I'm on your level" basis.*

*That and the fact that I have a rather large dinosaur occupying my coffee table.  Wink TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52:51 AM »

TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »

LOL....that reminds me of this t-shirt I couldn't resist buying. It says "Kids,the gift that keeps on taking". My daughter hates it,for some reason. TeddyR

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange how kids in general react to me.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.