Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:21:28 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Watched a couple of "Last Week of School" Horror Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Watched a couple of "Last Week of School" Horror Movies  (Read 3023 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: May 24, 2013, 07:10:03 AM »

It's not quite summer yet (will be at noon today though!) but I have already been going into my summer vacation movie mode.  I have watched two pretty good horror movies of late:
TEXAS CHAINSAW:
 This one ran in the theaters as TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D.  I am a casual fan of the franchise - I think I have seen nearly all of them at one time or another, and the original several times.  This movie actually ignores all previous sequels and remakes and casts itself as a direct sequel to the original movie.  Without giving away too many spoilers, after the Final Girl escaped from Leatherface and company, she alerted the sheriff, who suspected the reclusive Sawyer clan and tried to get them to surrender their deformed son, Jedediah, peacefully.  They were about to turn the boy over when an angry lynch mob showed up and started shooting, then burned the creepy old house to the ground. As they search the grounds for any survivors, one man finds a badly burned woman clutching her baby.  He takes the baby and dispatches its mother with a kick to the chin that breaks her neck . . .
   Now it's 22 years later, and a young girl named Heather receives notice that she has inherited her grandmother's house and lands in Texas.  She goes to claim her inheritiance, and her boyfriend and another couple come along with her.  Added to the mix is a hitchiker they picked up after they nearly ran over him in the rain.  They lawyer hands her the keys to the house and a letter from the grandmother she never knew, but they are so impressed with the huge, beautifully furnished home that she neglects to read the letter . . . . and then someone opens the door to the basement!
   All in all, this is a decent horror movie with a few genuinely scary moments.  There are some wildly improbable scenes, but still a fun addition to the franchise.

THE WICKED - This film has a rating of 3.6 on IMDB and I honestly do not know why.  I found it to be one of the best horror movies I have seen in a long time, and the best "Wicked Witch" movie EVER.  For over a century, the small town of Somerset has passed on a legend about "the Wicked," a witch burned for her crimes long ago.  Her house, "Open Hearth," still stands in the woods outside of town, and local teens throw rocks at it for fun - if you hit the side of the house, you are safe, but if you break a window, The Wicked will come for you . . .  she eats the children to stay young, she eats teens to stay strong, and she eats beautiful girls to restore her own lost beauty.
   Some of the teen actors are a bit predictable, and the one small town cop is obnoxious in the extreme - but overall, I found this to be a solid and most enjoyable horror film!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 07:17:46 AM »

Wasn't there once a school slasher flick called Final ExamSmile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 08:08:54 AM »

Can we hijack this thread and make it a "school" themed horror movie thread?

I just got the urge to watch Class of 1984 now!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:18:12 AM »

Those both sound kind of interesting.  I've had the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre on DVD for years now and still haven't watched it lol.  I've seen the remake with Jessica Biel about 5 times though. 

And that other one is the best wicked witch movie EVER eh?  You promise?   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 02:42:47 PM »

OK, maybe not better than THE WIZARD OF OZ.  But MUCH better than BLAIR WITCH PROJECT!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »

Wasn't there once a school slasher flick called Final ExamSmile

Yes. From 1981. The best known actor in the film seems to be actor/stuntman Timothy L. Raynor. This being his movie debut.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:43 AM »

I saw the trailer for this movie on THE WICKED, so I rented it this afternoon and watched it tonight - it's called THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY.  This is a first rate horror film of the "found footage" variety with a pretty original plot and some GREAT tension. Only one gaping reality flaw keeps it from being completely authentic in appearance - if you've seen it you will know what I am talking about.  Still a very creepy, atmospheric film that I highly recommend.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Watched a couple of "Last Week of School" Horror Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.