Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:38:57 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN on TCM RIGHT NOW!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN on TCM RIGHT NOW!!!  (Read 2694 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 18, 2013, 07:05:43 PM »

BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935) on TCM RIGHT NOW!!!  

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »

Seen it a million times on WNEW's Creature Features as a younger lad, not to mention WOR 9 in New York playing the Universal stuff to death.  Fun memories of good times!
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:25:27 PM »

Awww! One of my favorites! Alan has been looking for that on DVD.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:43:46 AM »

Me and Tiana watched it! Of Karloffs Frankenstein films,this was in 3rd,behind the 1931 original and SON OF-because Karloff just lumbered around and Bela and Rathbone usurped him.
I seen it twice this month. I hadnt seen it since 1989.
I now am singing a differnt tune. BRIDE is the best of the series!
The movie has some definte black humor going (Ernest Thesiger is a hoot), whimsy (the miniture people--the King charecter was an inside joke by Whale-Elsa's husband had played HENRY THE VIII)-and much pathos on Karloffs part---though I love Lugosi-Karloff was the more subtle actor. Though in the RAVEN-when Lugosi unveils Karloffs ugly face in the room of mirrors and Karloff smashes them-he snarls just like the Monster!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 03:43:17 PM »

Me and Tiana watched it! Of Karloffs Frankenstein films,this was in 3rd,behind the 1931 original and SON OF-because Karloff just lumbered around and Bela and Rathbone usurped him.
I seen it twice this month. I hadnt seen it since 1989.
I now am singing a differnt tune. BRIDE is the best of the series!
The movie has some definte black humor going (Ernest Thesiger is a hoot), whimsy (the miniture people--the King charecter was an inside joke by Whale-Elsa's husband had played HENRY THE VIII)-and much pathos on Karloffs part---though I love Lugosi-Karloff was the more subtle actor. Though in the RAVEN-when Lugosi unveils Karloffs ugly face in the room of mirrors and Karloff smashes them-he snarls just like the Monster!
BRIDE is the best, glad to see you've finally realized it!   Wink Thumbup 
SON OF FRANKENSTEIN is awesome and different than the first two.  Definitely my choice for the #2 spot in that series...

There's a lot in BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN.  One of my favorites.  KARLOFF's performance is most touching in the second film, probably his best performance in any film.  BRIDE by the way is also loaded with religious allegory.  Oh, and ELSA LANCHESTER played opposite her real-life husband CHARLES LAUGHTON as Henry VIII - she played Anne of Cleves.

At the end of BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN you can see COLIN CLIVE is still in the tower after the Monster pulls "the lever" and the laboratory starts to explode.  This was because Dr. Frankenstein was supposed to die at the end of this one, the end had already been shot as such, but preview audiences disliked the unhappy ending and the quick sequences of the Monster urging Victor Frankenstein to "Go!  Live!!" were added to satisfy audience demand. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN on TCM RIGHT NOW!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.