Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:27:31 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Most embarrassing moment at work « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most embarrassing moment at work  (Read 3276 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 24, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »

No, not MY most embarrassing moment . . . but one I heard on the radio this morning.  During this morning's show, they asked people to call in and talk about their most embarrassing moment at work.  One woman said she was discussing her annual performance evaluation with her boss and her boss told her she was a "very vaginal employee" (he meant to say "very valuable employee").  I thought that was pretty funny.  That is all.  Carry on.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

One morning when I was a graduate assistant, I was preparing to walk in for the very first session with a new class of nearly 40 college freshmen when I looked down and found my zipper had given up the ghost! Holding my briefcase directly in front of me, I walked down to the office, grabbed a stapler, ran to the men's room, and stapled my fly shut!  Then I taught class, went home, and threw those pants out!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:01:41 PM »

when i first started cooking at the convention center,we had radios,there WERE no cell phones then. nobody told me that the radios were also given to clients when necessary.
i got on the radio and tore one of the banquet people a new one,in rather colorful language( i have the mouth of a merchant marine sometimes).
the client walked into the kitchen,laughing hysterically,asking for barri,i said,i'm barri.
she started simply SCREECHING with laughter,saying,oh my god,YOU'RE A GIRL!!!
now,i get that all the time( i have a man's name,and a very deep voice),so i just looked at her and shrugged,and smiled.
once she calmed down,she said"i commend you on your command of so many languages,i have NEVER heard anyone cuss in 7 languages,all in one conversation!"
i was SO EMBARRASSED!!! fortunately,i didn't get fired,lol! Cheers
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:37 PM »

I had a broken fly episode at work once, and discovered a big hole in my pants' crotch area.  I safety pinned the fly shut, and found ways to cover up the hole.  No one saw.. whew!

I used to get embarrassed all the time at my old job pulling beverage orders at a warehouse.  Whenever there was breakage and you tipped a whole pallet full of wine, beer, soda, energy drinks, whatever (through moving too fast/not securing your load/not making sure the truck backed all the way up to the dock); all that work you put into it goes poof.  You feel an overbearing mixture of grief and embarrassment, but it happens.  Luckily people there were cool enough to help you get back everything you lost.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 05:23:38 AM »

I used to get embarrassed all the time at my old job pulling beverage orders at a warehouse.  Whenever there was breakage and you tipped a whole pallet full of wine, beer, soda, energy drinks, whatever (through moving too fast/not securing your load/not making sure the truck backed all the way up to the dock); all that work you put into it goes poof.  You feel an overbearing mixture of grief and embarrassment, but it happens.  Luckily people there were cool enough to help you get back everything you lost.

Why do I hear the song He Tried To Kill Me With A Forklift playing in my head right now?  Wink TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:56:07 AM »

Trev, check out the short film FORKLIFT DRIVER KLAUSS if you haven't already.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:28:04 PM »

This happened to my twin sister: A little girl came into our store with a service dog and our boss,who hates and fears dogs,started cussing and yelling at her to get that(censored) dog out of his store. She was very upset and confused but her Daddy stepped up and proceeded to chew the creep a new one. He said that they'd never come back there again. Poor Mary was so very embarrassed.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:24:26 PM »

I don't know if it's the most embarrassing thing ever but a couple days a week I work with my dad, and the other day this woman thought I was his "young wife" and made a rather awkward bedroom-oriented joke, and for a second I didn't know what the heck to say.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 05:10:58 AM »

Not an embarrassing moment for me, because I was oblivious.

My coworker had just gotten a new dog, and she was asking about names for the dog. Me being a big Dave Barry fan suggested the name "Gompers" quite loudly and in public. To those not in the know, Samuel Gompers was a seminal figure in the unionization of workers in America. He helped to found the American Federation of Labor, which later became the AFL-CIO. I'm really only aware of him because I read Dave Barry's comedical history of the United States where he stated that "Gompers" would be a great name for a dog. I agree with that.

Now, I live in Phoenix, AZ, but I didn't grow up there. Unbeknownst to me, there is a school that serves mentally disabled people in Phoenix which is known as the "Gompers Habilitation Center." They serve special needs kids. Apparently the word "gomper" in Phoenix is synonymous with the word "retard." Kind of mean, but you know how these things go.

I hope I don't have to explain the hurtfulness of the word "retard."

So, basically, what I suggested very loudly and in public is that my friend name her dog "Retard." She flushed and had to explain the whole thing to me. So, not embarassing to me since I was clueless, but could have been very uncomfortable is anybody affected was listening.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
claws
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »

I was working at a grocery store for a temp agency back in the mid-90s, and one day I had a nice long talk with the boss of the store about various things. When we were done talking I turned around heading to my locker and there was a colleague looking at me while gesturing/pointing at his nose. I took it as a hint, pulled out a handkerchief and wiped my nose. Yep, there was a big green bugger.
So I was talking to the boss for nearly ten minutes with a bugger hanging out my nostril. I never felt more embarrassed in my life.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Most embarrassing moment at work « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.