Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:59:58 PM
714193 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  StarChaser: Legend of Orin (1985) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: StarChaser: Legend of Orin (1985)  (Read 1538 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: May 25, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »

It's been a while since I started a topic, but has been a while since I've encountered a movie this bad and so perfect for this board to discuss.  So I came across this movie when I was watching a Nostalgia Critic review of it.  Watching it and then watching a bit of the movie myself, oh yeah, total Star Wars rip off through and through.  Reminds of one of those Asylum films that they put out to be released alongside the movie it is copying.

Still, the animation is pretty dang solid, killing off that girlfriend at the beginning did really surprise me, and I did like the voice acting.  Bad movie for sure, but still fun if not for how easy it is to laugh at it.  I say a two out of four in my book.  What did you guys think of it?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090065/

Nostalgia Critic review here:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »

Caught the last 2/3 of the movie one Saturday day morning and found it to be enjoyable but somewhat forgettable as well. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »

I love this movie!  It's just so damn earnest.  Can a young boy dig dozens (if not hundreds) of miles straight up through solid rock with nothing but a jackhammer?  DAMN RIGHT he can, if he believes in himself!  Can a heartless mercenary be taught the value of love by a reprogrammed sexbot?  DAMN RIGHT he can, if he believes in himself!  Can a reprogrammed sexbot find true love with a heartless mercenary?  DAMN RIGHT she can, if she believes in herself!  Etc.

There's no winking, nudging irony, no sense that the creators of this movie didn't mean every second of it, no matter how silly it is.  Plus, it has some startlingly gritty moments, as you mentioned.  They don't make 'em like this anymore, and that's a damned shame.

This, Heavy Metal, and Rock and Rule are awesome examples of how great independent animation used to be.  They are all deeply flawed works but the flaws make them what they are, and they have so much heart!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »

Can a heartless mercenary be taught the value of love by a reprogrammed sexbot?  DAMN RIGHT he can, if he believes in himself!

That and if he reprograms and probes her up the ass of course.  Can't forget that.   Wink

This, Heavy Metal, and Rock and Rule are awesome examples of how great independent animation used to be.  They are all deeply flawed works but the flaws make them what they are, and they have so much heart!

While I agree with you that I do like Rock & Rule.  Has probably one of the most fun original soundtracks I've ever heard.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 01:59:59 PM »

Being a big fan of anything animation at the time, I actually saw this, when it first came out in a movie theater. And, if I can remember correctly, I saw it in 3D.

As for what I thought of it . . . not bad, but not good. Mostly mediocre and forgettable. But, maybe I should give it another chance and see it again.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  StarChaser: Legend of Orin (1985) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.