Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:00 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Horror Film (may be B&W) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old Horror Film (may be B&W)  (Read 5090 times)
jjnz
New Visitor

« on: June 01, 2013, 07:10:44 AM »

Hi i'm new here & this is my first post.

Nearly 40 years ago when i was a child i saw a late night horror movie which has stuck in my mind ever since then. I have been trying to track it down for years.

OK, this is what i remember:

A husband & wife live in a house next door to an old factory or warehouse which may be about 2 or 3 stories high & is very run down.
The wife i think may have mental problems & on a stormy night takes a knife from the kitchen of her house & disappears into the night....

The husband franticallly searches the house for her & then sees that a knife is missing from the knife block in the kitchen...he goes out into the storm across the yard that seperates his house from the old warehouse & starts searching through the rooms for his wife.

He gets to the top floor where some window shutters are blowing back & forth in the storm, in front of the window is a person in a rocking chair which you can only see from behind & as he approches some lightening flashes & he see's his wife in the rocking chair with her throat cut.

That's all i can remember which i know isn't much to go on. I'm kind of sure it was in B&W & may have been from the 1950's or 60's?
Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Thanks
j j
316zombie
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 08:27:17 PM »

this one is driving me bonkers,i KNOW i've seen it!!!
jjnz
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 12:21:36 AM »

Hi 316zombie,

Wow you're the first person who may actually know what i'm talking about!! I've asked so many people over the decades....so please if you remember let me know Smile

cheers
jjnz
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 05:05:08 PM »

i'm still researching this...is it possible it was part of a tv series?
*btw,you DO know i have to kill you if i can't find it,right? Wink*
jjnz
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »

I guess it could have been from a tv series?? (& I may have to kill you if you don't come up with a title Wink Wink)

cheers
j j
316zombie
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »

okay, i THINK i may have an idea,but i need to pull out about a hundred unmarked disccs and find the episode.
i THIK this is from a british series,well,actually more a miniseries,since i believe there was only 6 episodes taped.
the series is called west country stories,it was produced in the early 70's. i saw it on wbz in boston as a preteen,and i bought the disc from an ebay uk seller years ago. i'll get back to  you as soon as i find the disc,but i warn you,i have a huge library,and it's a WRECK right now,so it might take me a bit,lol!!!
and if i'm wrong,we kill each other,deal??  Wink Cheers Cheers Cheers
Louison
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 09:38:39 AM »

The description reminds me of "Night Watch", a horror film with Liz Taylor, Laurence Harvey and Billie Whitelaw. But it was in color. It was not a warehouse but an old house on the other side of the street. Check on Wikipedia. I just arrived on the forum so, I cannot yet put links in my posts.

Sorry if I'm wrong.  Smile
316zombie
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »

don't apologize,hon,it's usually a process of elimination.:)
jjnz
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »

Louison you've actually answered my question BounceGiggle Twirling Cheers As soon as I saw the picture on the DVD with the creepy warehouse in the background I knew it was the one.

Thank You so much!! I can die happy now TeddyR

thanks again
j j
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Old Horror Film (may be B&W) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.