Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 05:14:08 PM
539817 Posts in 40892 Topics by 5157 Members
Latest Member: AttackDonut
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies on a Plane « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies on a Plane  (Read 686 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »

So, here's what I watched on my recent flight to China (Business Class to China / First Class from China to home . . . I love my client!)

San Francisco to Shanghai:

* GANGSTER SQUAD
* BROKEN CITY
* A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD

Plus two episodes of TWO AND A HALF MEN and one episode of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND

Shanghai to San Francisco:

* JACK REACHER
* BULLET TO THE HEAD
* PARENTAL GUIDANCE (only watched about 30 minutes of it because my headphones started crackling and I was getting tired anyway)

Plus two episodes of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND

Here's how I rank the movies (except PARENTAL GUIDANCE, because I didn't see the whole movie)

1. JACK REACHER
2. GANGSTER SQUAD
3. BULLET TO THE HEAD
4. BROKEN CITY
5. A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD (boy, was this movie pointless!)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »

Jack Reacher was a great movie! Loved the throwback feel to the whole thing as well as that it acknowledged that it was a cheesy movie. The whole cast was fantastic but Werner Herzog's monologue the first time we see him is a scene for the ages, just hilarious and awesome. I also saw Broken City which I found extremely mediocre despite a capable cast. The others I avoided due to terrible reviews and lack of interest. Glad to hear you liked Jack Reacher I think it's an unappreciated gem of recent films.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:22:41 AM »

People giving high marks to Jack Reacher?! My faith, it death spirals. Reacher is everything that Tom Cruise isn't.
Yeah, I read the books. Wanna fight?  TongueOut

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29:22 AM »

I was gonna list AIRPLANE, the AIRPORT  series,SNAKES ON A PLANE,CON AIR...but it's not about movies that take place on planes.... Bluesad

\"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!\" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?"
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard
http://www.tumblr.com/dashboard
http://rcmerchant.tumblr.com/
Archivist
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:08:15 AM »

1988, somewhere over America:

- Masquerade, movie involving a boat, and Kim Cattrall getting naked.

2010, Tokyo to Melbourne:

- Salt (2010) documentary about Australian landscape photographer Murray Fredericks, and his incredible solo journey into the Lake Eyre salt plains to shoot and shoot and shoot.

2013, Melbourne to Hong Kong:

- Man With The Golden Gun (1972) - had to get myself into a Hong Kong kind of mood!
- Legend of a Warrior (2012) - documentary about kung fu and kickboxing master Frank Lee, and his son's use of this film to reconnect with him.
- Taiwan Revealed: Cinema Formosa - documentary about making the movie 'Seediq Bale', aka Warriors of the Rainbow.  Fascinating insight into the Taiwanese film industry.
- Eames: The Architect and the Painter - documentary about Ray and Charlies Eames, the couple responsible for a vast array of modern furniture and culturally significant designs.

2013, Hong Kong to Melbourne:

- Wu Dang (2012)
- The Four (2012)
- Total Recall (starring the Russell Crowe wannabe)

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Jack

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 06:26:16 AM »

It's been so long since I flew anywhere, the last movie I saw on a plane was Pure Country I believe  BounceGiggle 

Contrary to poular belief, left-handedness is a choice. All allegedly left-handed people are just faking it to annoy the rest of us.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »

It's been so long since I flew anywhere, the last movie I saw on a plane was Pure Country I believe  BounceGiggle 

If you are talking about the 1992 film, I think I can top that. The last movie I saw on a plane was "The Man" from 1972. There are a number of reasons I just don't watch movies on a plane.

(1) I've seen it and have no interest in seeing it again.
(2) I have no interest in seeing it.
(3) The movie is edited for language, nudity, sex, violence, you name it, and I hate that.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 08:07:23 AM »

(3) The movie is edited for language, nudity, sex, violence, you name it, and I hate that.

Not always true.  The 5 movies I saw were completely uncut.  I think the editing only occurs when there is one movie for everyone to watch.  When you have a personal monitor at your seat and a variety of movies to choose from, I think they are always uncut.  The only editing in the 5 movies I watched was "formatted to fit this screen."  Otherwise, there was plenty of nudity, swearing, and violence.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »

I almost never fly, but I did see THE FAMILY MAN on a plane; with German subtitles.  It was ok.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies on a Plane « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.