Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:44:48 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Like to be alone. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I Like to be alone.  (Read 7531 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »

I'd like more alone time, when I get it I always flail about for a while until I get comfortable with it.  By which time everyone gets back and I'm not alone any more.   
On business trips I do get lots of it and love it, and then when its over I'moverjoyed to be home with the family.  But right now I';d like about 3 alone days at home. 

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 08:57:28 PM »

I like being alone as well.  I like drawing, working at my computer, reading, and such so often I find the solitude preferable.  Or taking my ipod to a local forest trail and just letting my mind and body wander as I listen to music.

One of my favorite quote about being alone comes from the character Elijah Snow from Planetary where he says that being alone is the best way to insure you get an intelligent conversation.   

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 05:05:50 AM »

I treasure my "alone time." I have two kids so therefore I get very little of it!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 05:09:25 AM »

I work with the public every day Monday to Friday so it's nice to have a bit of me time on the weekends and when I take my yearly leave in September. I do enjoy my work but dealing with the public daily can get a bit much sometimes.

And Brother Ronny: you're not a weirdo.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 08:37:59 AM »

I have a family of five and would never want to be without them.   But, deep down im a huge loner.

Same here.  I love my family and they're my entire life, but sometimes I just yearn for that mindless prattle lighthearted conversation to stop so I can have some peace and quiet to veg' out and relax.

As the old saying goes, be careful of what you wish for.

It's just that our girls are home from college for the summer.  I get used to it being quiet around here during the week, and then things change quite drastically  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »

I vote RC is a weirdo. But not because he likes to be alone.

By the way, I like weirdos. You're all a bunch of weirdos to me. I hope you think of me as a weirdo.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 10:50:01 AM »

I enjoy solitude from time to time, but used to need it much more.  Since having children I've found that I need less alone time than I used to.  Not sure if that's just due to changing over the years (which I would have done anyway) or because of the children (which would be compulsory).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

I prefer being by myself as well.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Bushma

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:24 PM »

Alone Time:
I send the kids off to bed at 8pm, then I go to bed.  My wife stays up watching something on TV.  I sit there in bed reading.  That's my alone time.  Any other time, I'm at work or at home with the family.  I haven't had alone time in a long time.  Part of me wants to try it out, but I know if I really have alone time and I'm at home I'll end up hating it.  I'd have to go out camping on my own so I an go for hikes or just sit and watch a stream go by. 

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »

I like a certain amount of time alone but actually don't often get it. I'm pretty social but with where I work,aka a convenience store,I sometimes get so tired of the human voice that I feel like screaming. As a child I used to fantasize about having a little house all to myself. Of course,now that I'm married I am very happy but sometimes even a great husband can be wearing on the nerves....sorry,Alan! We got together later in life-I was 45 and he was 54- so we were accustomed to being alone. I'm sure I annoy him enough,too,from time to time. Sometimes we'll just sit in a room for a couple of hours,not really speaking but knowing the other is there.

I enjoy the time when I'm alone at home, but at the same time, I miss her.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I Like to be alone. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.