Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:38:14 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ... something just happened to me ... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ... something just happened to me ...  (Read 6385 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: June 28, 2013, 01:58:28 AM »

You are not going to believe what happened to me just now, but I need to  get this down to help me sort it out in my head. 

So, it's one in the morning here and I figure I'll do a quick walk around the trailer park I live in before I go to bed.  While I'm, out, I decide to stop by the public bathroom because ... well, I have to use the bathroom.  As I approach it, I can hear the showers running, but the lights are off.  Which is kinda weird, but I'm thinking that maybe somebody just left the showers running.  It happens sometimes. 

So I open the door to the men's room, flip on the lights, and laying kinda balled up on the floor is a naked woman.  And she didn't look well either.  There was some obvious marks on her body. 

I didn't know what the heck to do.  I asked "Are you okay?"  and she mumbled a "no" and shook her head. 

And I'm thinking to myself ... well, I don't know what happened to her.  Was she raped?  Was she mugged and beaten?  Is this just part of a horrible prank gone wrong?  I didn't know what the heck to think.  All I knew is that one word kept repeating in my head.  It rhymed with "hit" and I'm not allowed to say it on this forum. 

Oh, by the way, I'm just wearing pair of short.  No shoes, no shirt, no keys, no phone, no nothing. 

So I go back to my place, which is about a five minute walk, grab my phone, some clothes for her (I couldn't tell if she actually had any with her or not.  She certainly wasn't wearing any) and put on a shirt myself.  I didn't call the cops yet because I had no idea what was going on, although I was ready in case whoever did whatever they did to her came back. 

When I do get back, she's still laying there.  I ask her if I need to call the cops, she says no, but I'm still nervous.  She's mumbling almost incoherently.  I have to help her stand up and get her clothes on.  I ask her a few more times if I need to call the police and try to comfort her best I can.  I still have no idea what's going on or if anybody is going to come back looking for her.  This is when I first really get a good look at her face. She seems 60, maybe older, she doesn't look like she was hit or beaten, not in the face anyway, but she does look in rough shape. 

Gradually, as she calms down slight and becomes more coherent, I discover that she was on some heavy medication, had something wrong with her legs, and ended up collapsing.  I'm not sure of all the details.  I couldn't understand everything she said. 

Oh, and for the record, the marks on her were partially burns from the water being too hot and part just old wounds and discolorations.  I don't find this out right away though. 

She ends up having to lean on me as we walk back to her place.  Slowly.  Once we get there, I stay and talk with her for the next hour and a half, trying to get her calmed back down and suggesting that she get some sleep. 

She seems okay now, just a  bit shaken and still somewhat weak.  She just went into the wrong restroom and over estimated how well her legs were holding up.  (She had a bandage wrapped around one ankle and some bad burns scars on her legs, not fresh ones from the shower either.)

Still, that whole situation... just .... I don't know what to say. 

Oh, and apparently before I came in, she'd been there for a least and hour laying on the floor and if I hadn't shown up on a whim, she could very well have been left laying there until the morning janitors came by at 8.  When i left, I did tell her that I'd stop by tomorrow before I headed off to work to make sure she was okay.     

Sorry for rambling a bit or posting something that you might not care about.  I just needed to get this down somewhere so I could wrap my head around what just happened myself.  I'm still not sure if I handled this the best way possible.  I probably didn't. 
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:12:00 AM »

That is weird, but kudos to you for your actions and your willingness to help. Getting old just sucks, there's no escaping it, it just happens. The worst part is always that you no longer have the option to correct things for yourself and you're at the mercy of strangers and the universe.

Of course, I'm as lost as yourself as to what was really going on here, but the fact that you were willing to help and did speaks very well for yourself. So good on you.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:21:38 AM »

Good job helping her out and everything.  I suppose being on heavy medication can really do stuff like that to a person.  But yeah, very weird.  The things you don't find at 1:00 in the morning.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 07:25:07 AM »

trippy...
hope she has family that can get her proper help

I was convinced you were about to say you saw some crazy UFO or something

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Bushma

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 07:41:04 AM »

I assumed this was going to turn into a ghost story for a minute.  You left her in the bathroom, and when you got back she was gone.

Good job for stepping up and taking care of her!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:07:36 AM »

Ya did good kid, ya did good.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 08:29:21 AM »

You did what you could.  Let her know how she is today.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 10:03:39 AM »

This.  Well done, Chainsaw.   Thumbup  This woman was very lucky.  I hope she has some sort of personal support available to her - besides you!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 12:01:18 PM »

Agreed.  It sounds like dementia or a bad reaction to meds.  Crazy story, but I think you did as well as anyone could do in that situation. 

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 01:37:32 PM »

That's a lhell of a lot more than I would have done.  I would have just called the cops and waited for them to come, then probably left when I'd answered their questions.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »

Ya did good kid, ya did good.
Hear hear... you are a hero.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 02:10:27 PM »

I'm still not sure if I handled this the best way possible.  I probably didn't. 

It says a lot for your character that you did so much, then worried whether you had done enough.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 03:16:56 PM »

You did well and that woman should count her lucky stars you came along and handled everything as you did. One concern I might have if I were you is the situation repeating itself, age, infirmity and a bad reaction to medication being a recipe for trouble, so just a suggestion, you may want to inform the authorities, just so someone can be on hand to check out the woman's situation. I don't know if she has family, but if this happened in the future she may not be lucky enough to have someone come to her aid the way you did. The local police might be a good starting point and could surely point you in the direction of the appropriate social services agency.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »

I wasn't trying to be a hero or anything.  Honestly, if there was another option, I would have preferred not to get involved  but she needed help and I would have felt like absolute crap if I hadn't given it to her. 

I did go check on her today, but nobody answered when I knocked and her neighbor said she wasn't home. 
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »

You did well, young Jedi, you did well.  Have one on me, oh heck, have two!
 Cheers   Cheers   Thumbup
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ... something just happened to me ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.