Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:42:37 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  American Warships « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American Warships  (Read 2437 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: June 25, 2013, 10:47:03 AM »

I saw it on Netflix. It was predictably awful. Still nice to see lots of stock footage of Iowa-class ships, though.

Historically, it was rubbish, of course. The Iowa hasn't been on active duty since 1990 (there is no indication that American Warships is set in anything but 2012). It is supposed to be maintained in a condition which would allow it to be returned to active duty if needed, though.

Clearly all of the "deck" footage was shot on an entirely different type of ship (a rusty one, at that).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 09:55:11 AM by Ted C » Logged

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:08:53 AM »

Welcome to the budget after factoring in drive-thru for the crew and boat rental. BounceGiggle

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:36 AM »

It's nice to see them standing outside on the deck during combat operations. It's not like the bridge is armored like crazy, or that the sound of the guns would shatter your ear-drums. Better to stand out on the balcony, where you'll have a better view.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:00:24 AM »

I enjoyed it quite a bit.  I'm sure it's 100% factually incorrect on every imaginable issue, but the characters were fairly likable, the action moved along well, and that whole alien thing was just a hoot  BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 12:03:52 PM »

I thought it was fun, too. I haven't seen Battleship for comparison; I'm not sure which would have better writing and such (although there's no doubt which has better special effects).

I like that the aliens weren't just people in makeup. Using cheap CGI at least allows the aliens to be alien.

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

I like that the aliens weren't just people in makeup. Using cheap CGI at least allows the aliens to be alien.

Good point. That's one reason I hate 'alien invasion what looks human' movies. The thought in the back of my mind, they use paranoid to excuse a low budget. I.E, 'It's just business.'

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  American Warships « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.