Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:33:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Need help remembering BIG FAT MAMA clip from movie. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Need help remembering BIG FAT MAMA clip from movie.  (Read 15305 times)
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 29, 2013, 11:53:41 AM »

I posted like 6 years ago, about this movie, and I still have no clue. From what i remember, there are auditions for either a movie roll of some kind. And an older fat lady comes in and sings a terrible song, and from what i can remember the lyrics are "I'm a big fat mama, big and fat, people like me just like that." or something along those lines, and the guy interviewing her is surprised at how terrible it is, and sends her on her way. It's the only part of the movie i remember. Could be a big movie from the 80's/90's that i haven't seen before? or could be a crappy B movie, that a lot of people haven't seen. Any help would be amazing. Thanks.
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »

It's been 3 years. And nothing? It's been 9 years since my original post.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:24 PM »

I feel for you, but . . .?! I'm not finding anything like you remember. There is a song called "Big Fat Mama," but . . .?! the lyrics do not match those that you remember. Still, the song has been filmed 3 times.

The 1941 short film "I Want a Big Fat Mama,"
The 1960 film "Girl Fever,"
and the 2003 TV series "The Blues."

Other than that, I can't think of any way to search for what you remember seeing. Maybe someone else who peruses this board can think of another way to search.

And good luck in your search.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 11:19:45 PM »

Yeah, I can't find anything either. I'll do some research in the meantime, hopefully I can find something for ya.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:31:05 AM »

Thank you guys for looking. I've done the same research. I feel like I'll never find out what it's from. The film quality was like a cinemax after hours type quality. The man was auditioning women, either to find a woman for the role or to kill a woman. Then as a funny part an older fat woman sings a song about her being a big fat mama. She was pretty much a grandma I believe. He let's her down gently and says he appreciates her coming in. Thank you guys for looking. Really awesome. But it's probably never going to surface.
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 01:01:52 PM »

Figured I'd pop up again to try and bring this post back to life. My original post was almost 12 years ago. Any big fat mama ideas let me know.!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 01:27:30 PM »

Maybe HAIRSPRAY (1988)?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 05:47:21 PM »

Maybe HAIRSPRAY (1988)?
It's not from the 1988 movie... which was not a musical (though it has a wonderful soundtrack of mostly obscure early '60s records on its soundtrack).

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 10:32:27 AM »

Maybe HAIRSPRAY (1988)?
It's not from the 1988 movie... which was not a musical (though it has a wonderful soundtrack of mostly obscure early '60s records on its soundtrack).

I was just guessing. I never seen it. I never seen ANY John Waters movie!  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 11:25:23 PM »

Maybe HAIRSPRAY (1988)?
I was just guessing. I never seen it. I never seen ANY John Waters movie!  Buggedout
I figured you were guessing... and probably thinking of the musical film from 2007 which starred JOHN TRAVOLTA as the big...  Lookingup

Y'mean you haven't seen PINK FLAMINGOS?  The ultimate in "bad" movies. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2019, 08:50:33 AM »

I watched parts of it. I sat threw about 20 minutes of MULTIPLE MANIACS too...ugh!  Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 04:37:00 AM »

I'm even asked on Reddit with no luck. It could have been anything that I just happened to catch a part of. Could have been a tales from the crypt episode or a movie that only aired a few times and I just happen to see it.

Guy auditioning attractive women and photographing or video recording. Then the only lady auditions with the big fat mama song. No background music, just her singing in a room
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 04:38:47 AM »

*old lady, not only
ralfy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 10:07:09 AM »

I wonder if it's The Yum-Yum Girls (1976). There's a reference to Edna Thayer singing "I'm a Big Fat Mama" to a casting director, as described here:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_yum_yum_girls_1976

Go to the 18:15 mark of this video to see the scene:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
kornpe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 09:42:37 PM »

I originally saw this on a VHS in the 1990s, actively started looking for the title online in 1998.

In 2007 I posted the question on Badmovies.org. Many many reposts later with no correct answers.

You solved a 22-year-old mystery. Thank you from everyone in my family that has been looking for that same amount of time.

Not sure how you found it, but huge thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Need help remembering BIG FAT MAMA clip from movie. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.