Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:30:06 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you didn't expect to like but... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies you didn't expect to like but...  (Read 8834 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »

Im with ya,Hallows. I wanna puke everytime me sister plays it. She's like "aww" I'm like EEAGH! (which I like better! It's got Arch Hall Jr.! Its a thrilling chilling story!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »

Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks (1974)

It's even better when it's hosted by Elvira.  Twirling

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
pizdatrica
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »

Ghost World- an indie film based on a small indie comic I've never read. Plus, it's about teen girls, and as a guy, well, you can't 'relate' to the characters. Glad I watched.

I also enjoyed that one, liked Steve Buscemi as a nerd :P
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »

The Return Of Dracula (1958)

When seeing this one as a kid, I thought it was average vampire movie. But seeing it several times thru the years as an older man, I see this film for what it really is-a well-thought out film about a truly sinister being who infiltrates a family and slowly begins using his influence to elevate himself beyond suspicion so he can carry out his plans.

Frances Lederer really worked in this role and he's a joy to watch as he goes to work in this old classic.  It's a very serious movie in a time when monsters were just for badness' sake.
See this movie!
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 05:53:29 PM »

Ted (2012). I've been pretty much apathetic about Seth McFarlane's output for quite a while now, but this was one of the cutest movies I've seen in a long time. Really (surprisingly) enjoyed this one.  Thumbup

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 07:53:19 PM »

Nightmare Castle-1965

What some may see as just another "beyond the grave" type of movie is actually quite a masterpiece on several levels, mostly in it's undeniably Gothic atmosphere and it's truly slow buildup of events to it's shocking end scene that, when combined with the sinister chamber music of Ennio Morricone, really sets this one apart from your traditional Euro-Gothic movies of the time.

And, the natural wonders of Barbara Steele and the lovely Helga Line sure as hell don't hurt this movie.   Cheers  And a personal salute to Paul Muller as a very calm and cool mad scientist who had an answer for everything, who eventually had to answer to the supernatural.  Again, as I say with most movies, see this one of you can!   
Thumbup Smile Thumbup
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »

Bride of the Gorilla comes to mind, as well as The Navy vs. The Night Monsters. saw them both with my parents at The Worst Film Fest when there was a Deutsches Haus before it was destroyed for an ambitious, but rubbish attempt to put in a super hospital.

yeah no.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 01:03:19 PM »

Warm Bodies. All I knew about it was that the first time I heard of it people called it, "Twilight with zombies". The very idea made me angry in that irrationally stupid way where you can't articulate exactly what's wrong with a thing, only that it just is. Accordingly, I refused to learn anything more about it and avoided any discussion relating to the movie.

Then I saw a trailer for it at the theater. Why is the narration funny? Why are these zombies making me smirk? Why are there putrid skeletons chasing people? Why didn't anyone mention putrid skeletons? This trailer single-handedly got me to agree to go see the movie with the rest of my family. I was surprised. Not only was it funny, not only was it entertaining, but it didn't remind me at all of what I knew about Twilight. In fact, the girl wants no part of the situation whatsoever. "You're a zombie- hell no!" This was a good example of a movie that knew what it was, knew what it wanted to do with that knowledge, and pulled it off well. This was a plain case of the internet finding a thing, taking the worst example of that thing, pinning that example onto the face of the thing, and b***hing about it in comment sections and forums. The only thing you should trust about the internet is that it's generally untrustworthy. TongueOut

Zombieland with a romantic main plot and no Twinkies, pretty much.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 12:20:14 AM »

Black Swan

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Movies you didn't expect to like but... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.