Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:57:00 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RIP Jim Kelly « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RIP Jim Kelly  (Read 2844 times)
MrMari
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« on: June 30, 2013, 11:12:56 PM »

I don't know how many Jim Kelly fans are on here but I loved his films. Gonna have to put, "Three the Hard Way" on this week in his honour.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/30/3478974/enter-the-dragon-actor-jim-kelly.html

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:05:10 AM »

What a shame.  Watched him in an interview not that long ago and he seemed like a nice, down to earth guy.  It's interesting how you expect all these martial arts superstars to be egocentric d*ckholes.  And they usually have no ego in interviews.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Archivist

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:20:38 AM »

Nooooooooooooo!   Bluesad

I met Jim Kelly at Supanova Melbourne 2012, where the line to his signing table was woefully bare compared with the tables held by Summer Glau (big drawcard) and the twins from the Harry Potter movies.  Enter The Dragon was the movie that introduced me to Bruce Lee when I was 12, and I have watched it about once a year for years on end.

When I met him for a photograph, he was wonderful.  I was first in line for his photos for that day, and I shook his hand and said, 'Welcome to Melbourne, Mr. Kelly'.  He smiled warmly and thanked me, and we posed together for a photo in fighting stances.  I know it's silly to get all geeky about an actor, but meeting him was quite dream-like, the crystallization of a formative childhood event.  After our photo was taken, we bowed to each other in karate style, and I skipped away. 

Later, he signed that photo in glistening silver and we talked a bit about training and the movies he'd been in.  He was really warm, friendly and very cool.  I also bought a few other photos for him to sign.  I discovered that he had a Q&A session the previous day, and some idiot had asked him, 'could you have taken Bruce Lee'.  I mean, come on, he must get asked that question every appearance.  I wish I had been there to ask him a question that was more fitting for his movie career and long athletic history.

RIP Jim Kelly.  I am glad to have met you.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 08:17:46 AM »

Enter the Dragon was the best Bruce lee movie imo and he was a big part of that. RIP
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »

Wow.  BLACK BELT JONES is one of my favorite blaxploitation movies.  Farewell, Jim . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:37:47 PM »

Oh man, that brings me down, I loved all his films...

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:36:28 AM »

Bluesad RIP, Mr Kelly.

I was watching Enter The Dragon before I went to the Arts Festival.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 05:01:11 AM »

He was super cool. I feel old.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 05:30:45 AM »

Jim was supposed to be at Supercon in Miami today. One of the only reasons I got tickets. Sad.

Archivist

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 12:55:50 AM »

Here's a great tribute someone created on YouTube for Jim's passing.

Small | Large

MrMari, I feel for you.  Bluesad

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  RIP Jim Kelly « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.