Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:15:19 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sharknado (2013) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Sharknado (2013)  (Read 27448 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 07:36:28 AM »

thing about these asylum 'invent a creature' films.. I don't really enjoy them. I mean, I 'get it', but they seem too aware of their own lameness. might give this one a go if its got the badmovies seal of approval tho...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 08:04:56 AM »

The Asylum announced via their Facebook page last week that a third "Mega Shark" movie is in the planning stages. Dare we hope that it'll be "MEGA-SHARKNADO?"  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »

And, the only one who could fight a MegaSharkNado?  A marine bi-meteorologist, of course...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
dean

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »

Some classic Sharknado sequel ideas here.  Have a look at the casting, it's pretty funny.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/6-sharknado-sequels-that-need-to-exist

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Bushma

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 08:40:17 PM »

Some classic Sharknado sequel ideas here.  Have a look at the casting, it's pretty funny.

I'm down to watch all of them except the last one.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 01:21:23 AM »

I watched it. It was glorious. I'm probably going to see it again this weekend because my 10 year old wants to watch it too.  TeddyR

My review can be found herein:
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/Prepare-for-SHARKNADO

Nice review.  Thumbup TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 06:07:57 AM »

^ Thanks Trevor!!

In related news, Tara Reid sez she's up for a "Sharknado 2" if they decide to make it:

Tara Reid said she's in for a sequel to "Sharknado," the so-bad-it's-good watercooler movie of the summer, which debuted Thursday to lukewarm ratings but enthusiastic Twitter buzz.

“I had no idea,” Reid told TMZ Live on Friday. “I just thought sharks flying in he sky is just the funniest movie ever.

“This movie was so ridiculous, you know? Like it's almost so bad that it's good," Reid said.

So is "Sharknado" Reid's smartest career move since "American Pie"?

"Lost" showrunner Damon Lindelof thinks so.

"The best thing about Sharknado's huge pop culture impact is that Tara Reid gets to look like a f**king genius for doing it," he tweeted over the weekend.

Translated: "Ummm, yeah, sure, I'd do a Sharknado 2. I mean, obviously it's not like I have much else going on."

Flangepart

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 09:17:11 AM »

I'm down to watch all of them except the last one.

Yup. Other than that one, tis a post of beauty. We could do a whole thread of possable Asylum titles...and cause our selves severe brain injury. Kinda like drink only without the beer.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 03:57:52 PM »

I caught this on Saturday night via the 'On Demand' feature of my cable provider. Well, the first half.

I was very drunk and enjoyed it, but passed out halfway through.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Flangepart

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »

I caught this on Saturday night via the 'On Demand' feature of my cable provider. Well, the first half.

I was very drunk and enjoyed it, but passed out halfway through.
See. That's exactly my point.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »

Damn, I wish I would have caught this.

Me too!  It is showing again at 7:00pm (check your local times) on the 18th of July and then on the 22nd of August at 7:00pm.  However, the movie is generating a lot of buzz, so we could get some extra showings.

I didn't get to see it, but I did, last Saturday, catch this absolutely bad movie (what other kinds does SyFy offer?) called Paul Bunyon. It featured an evil 40-foot tall Mr. Bunyon who went around killing kids. He looked like a monster out of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Will SyFy EVER stop?  Apparently, with the arrival of Sharknado, we have our answer, lol
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 12:21:01 PM »

Gonna try to watch it now.

yeah no.
major jay

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:17 AM »

SHARKNADO 2  has been green lit.
I haven't seen the first one yet, but I'm going to this Thursday.
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/syfy-sharknado-sequel-1200563944/
It’s happening: Syfy is going back in the waters for a “Sharknado” sequel, and this time in Gotham.

The NBCU cable net officially announced a follow up to last week’s viral creature feature, tentatively titling the newly greenlit pic “Sharknado 2.” Variety reported last week that talks were underway at the cable net for a “Sharknado” followup less than a day after the TV movie launched.

The Asylum, the shingle behind the first “Sharknado” along with other Syfy original movies, will return to produce the telepic, which will take place in New York City. (“Sharknado” was set in L.A.) Syfy will debut “Sharknado 2″ next year.

Syfy is also giving fans the opportunity to create “Sharknado 2′s” subtitle by submitting their ideas at @SyfyMovies using the hashtag #Sharknado. “Sharknado’s” subtitle was “Enough said.”

“Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm – on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel. What we can guarantee is that ‘Sharknado 2′ will be lots of fun,” said Thomas Vitale, exec veep of programming and original movies and the cabler. “We’ll be announcing more details very soon. But we didn’t want our fans to worry they wouldn’t get their fill of more shark fin, I mean, fun next year.”

“Sharknado” launched Thursday, July 11 on Syfy to much social media fanfare, trending nationally on Twitter both the night of the broadcast and the following morning. Many major media outlets jumped on the “Sharknado” bandwagon, as “NBC Nightly News,” “World News with Diane Sawyer” and CNN offered segments about the campy Syfy pic.

With so much web frenzy surrounding the Tara Reid-starrer, many were surprised when “Sharknado” emerged with only 1.4 million viewers to its name for the premiere broadcast, ranking it well below most other highly social shows for the evening.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 03:37:09 PM »

It’s happening: Syfy is going back in the waters for a “Sharknado” sequel, and this time in Gotham.
Sharknado vs Batman! 
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

I joined Twitter this afternoon just so I could send some suggestions for "Sharknado 2" titles to SyFy. Am I a geek? Indeed I am  TeddyR

My suggestions:

A Good Day to Shark Hard
The Spy Who Sharked Me
Sharknado 2: The Revenge of Tara Reid
Sharknado 2: Electric Boogaloo
You Only Sharknado Twice

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sharknado (2013) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.