Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:45:56 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And the killer of Trayvon Martin is found..... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: And the killer of Trayvon Martin is found.....  (Read 11518 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: July 14, 2013, 11:40:06 AM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/13/19441838-jury-finds-george-zimmerman-not-guilty

NOT F**KING GUILTY

Wouldn't be surprised to see if he is shot to death, Revenge plays with emotion well enough to make people do irrational things. My question- the next  OJ Simpson?

yeah no.
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 11:54:51 AM »

I think there were bad choices made all around.  If George Zimmerman would have stayed in his car, then Trayvon would still be alive.  If Trayvon would have continued on to the house instead of deciding to confront George Zimmerman then he still would be alive.

That said, now I guess I'll wait for the hate to start flinging around.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:55:24 PM »

so far, no riots.  I am pleasantly surprised.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 11:49:26 PM »

That is exactly what I was concerned about might happen if Mr Zimmerman was found not guilty.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »

Then, of course, there was the media's bias toward a guilty verdict, with their usual distortions, 4-X, continually showing that picture of Martin as a twelve year-old, instead of how he actually looked....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Bushma

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 02:06:24 PM »

Then, of course, there was the media's bias toward a guilty verdict, with their usual distortions, 4-X, continually showing that picture of Martin as a twelve year-old, instead of how he actually looked....

Let's clear that up a little bit.  That's not a picture of Trayvon, that's a picture of a rapper named Jayceon Terrell Taylor.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Green
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

I think alandhopewell was just making a point, Bushma. I'm pretty sure we all know who is actually in that photo.

re: Did you guys know Zimmerman once accused the police of covering up the beating of a black homeless man, by a white cop's kid? Also, I think the 17 year old thug got what was coming to him. I mean, if you're in my neighborhood at night wearing a dark hoodie in the rain, I'm going to check your ass on point without hesitation. Is this profiling, no, it's common sense.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »

I think there were bad choices made all around.  If George Zimmerman would have stayed in his car, then Trayvon would still be alive.  If Trayvon would have continued on to the house instead of deciding to confront George Zimmerman then he still would be alive.

That said, now I guess I'll wait for the hate to start flinging around.

That's about the size of it, Bushma. I don't see where this is an unreasonable statement.

Of course, there will be those who will accuse others of the "two wrongs don't make a right' school of secretly siding for one side or the other because you didn't take their side, and as usual, throwing gas on the fire until both sides are at each other's throats will be their top agenda. This thing is far from over. for sure.

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »

That is exactly what I was concerned about might happen if Mr Zimmerman was found not guilty.

There's always the future..when some people say something is far from over, they mean it. The only thing with riots, is that sometimes they're just an excuse to smash and loot and have nothing to do with the problem in general. I'm sure that if rioting DOES occur, there will be those who just want a new 60-inch hi-def TV and a new PS 3 or Xbox 360 instead of justice for Trayvon Martin.
akiratubo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »

I don't know what really happened.  No one does now except for George Zimmerman.  All I do know is that the prosecution's case was so weak it should never have gone to trial.  For that reason alone, I'm glad Zimmerman was found not guilty.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »

Let's clear that up a little bit.  That's not a picture of Trayvon, that's a picture of a rapper named Jayceon Terrell Taylor.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/martin.asp

Thank you for clearing that up.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 04:57:15 PM »

This has had loads of press coverage here in the uk.

regardless of who's right and wrong here, the way I see it there seems to have been a shift of emphasis, legally, in favour of the right to use deadly force if one fears for one's life in the US. there seems to be a lot of cases emerging where using deadly force will still get a civilian acquitted.

I mean if this guy can get off free then the Trayvon case is a no brainier in comparison, but I gather Texas is not representative of US as a whole...

My question- the next  OJ Simpson?

Not really, IMO. There was never any question that he shot the kid. The OJ case was centered around 'did he actually commit the act?', this one was more 'was the act that was committed justified?' It's a moral minefield and there's very well grounded arguments both for and against the not guilty outcome.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:00:18 PM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 05:02:45 PM »

regardless of who's right and wrong here, the way I see it there seems to have been a shift of emphasis, legally, in favour of the right to use deadly force if one fears for one's life in the US. there seems to be a lot of cases emerging where using deadly force will still get a civilian acquitted.

I mean if this guy can get off free then the Trayvon case is a no brainier in comparison, but I gather Texas is not representative of US as a whole...

My question- the next  OJ Simpson?

Not really, IMO. There was never any question that he shot the kid. The OJ case was centered around 'did he actually commit the act?', this one was more 'was the act that was committed justified?' It's a moral minefield and there's very well grounded arguments both for and against the not guilty outcome.

This took place in Florida.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 10:38:31 PM »

I think that there are two things that we can reasonably assume to be true:
If George Zimmermann had not followed TM, then the youth would still be alive.
If Treyvon Martin had simply kept walking, he would still be alive.

I don't know that what did happen was a crime.
But I do believe it was a tragedy.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »

In regards to the acquittal of civilians employing deadly force, the amount of home invasions that have taken place (like the particularly brutal one recently caught on cam in a New Jersey home) and other incidents, gun sales in the U.S. have soared.

And, not to offend anyone, but you have the other side: the rose-colored sunglass-wearing hypocrites on Capitol Hill and Hollywood, AND people like Michael Bloomberg who openly ridicule people who own for self defense as being paranoid. Yet, they sit in homes and mansions guarded by armed individuals 24\7 and see themselves as rational people who speak for the rest of America on gun rights while doing so.

And I for one, will say that if America's elite can either defend themselves or have individuals do so for them, the civilians may also do same. It's YOUR life...

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And the killer of Trayvon Martin is found..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.