Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:38:36 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snuff movies « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Snuff movies  (Read 6972 times)
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

Excuse me. You need to go back to grad school.

« on: July 22, 2013, 08:25:48 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but you understand why I post this in bad movies instead off good movies right?

But what is your take on if they exist or not? I think they do. Just criminals willing to make much money off snuff films would not be stupid enough to be obvious about it. It would not be a special section in video easy, nor easily found online. People are willing to pay a lot. For rare items for an acquired taste. And to survive they must never be caught. Like in hostel how they have a secret organisation, and network.

Depressing to think about... I know!  Bluesad

Then I did not just look into the mirror, I looked through the mirror...
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »

Ah if you can think it, it probably exists.

As it is I've seen more 'snuff' type videos than I care for [real life war/beheadings/general awful violence]

BUT in other somewhat related-to-movies topics, I do have a soft spot for the film Strange Days.  Partly because I have a thing for dystopian late 90s cyberpunk, but that whole idea of being able to watch yourself be murdered, whilst feeling the person doing it's emotions.  Argh, I shudder everytime...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »

It is true that if it can be imagined it exists... Evil ideas included. But this also means nice things exist too. I am safe from human trafficking being in Australia. One off the only places with virtually none. The states on human trafficking in Europe is ridiculous.
Faces off death deals with real life deaths. some faked some real. It technically is not snuff. They were not killed for the film. And the reason for the director making the film is to explore death, something the western world avoids. The families off those in the footage are who came for him however. Exploring death is one thing. Disrespecting the death or the families off the dead is something that causes pain.

As for dystopian films... I keep reading dystopian books, I am switching to another genre cause it got too much! And anything from the 80's or 90's tends to be awesome! You got to show me the good films off this genre and time you like the most.

claws
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:26:51 AM »

A snuff film is a motion picture genre that depicts the actual murder of a person or people, without the aid of special effects, for the express purpose of distribution and entertainment or financial exploitation.

I think the closest we ever got was "animal snuff". There are videos of torture and murder but they weren't made for financial profit. So in that regard I don't think Snuff movies really exist.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »

While not for commericial sale I have seen about a minute of "Three guys one Hammer" which is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. Supposedly a "rich foreign investor" had ordered 40 snuff films and was willing to pay big money for these videos. Whether or not this was true or not was never verified but the video is out there... You can read more about it below but I warn you not seek out the video itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs
major jay

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 12:22:45 PM »

I heard about this story a few days ago on another message board. I haven't been to the site (and won't go), but what a piece of s**t this guy is.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/18/bestgorecom-owner-mark-marek-alleged-jun-lin-murder-video-posted-in-public-interest

EDMONTON - Edmonton webmaster Mark Marek claims he posted the Luka Magnotta's alleged snuff video on his bestgore.com website in the "public interest," court heard Thursday.

Defence lawyer Guy Doyon told a judge during a bail hearing that Marek, 38, had put a disclaimer on the website, saying it seemed "fake" and asking if the video was "real," and was seeking to have someone verify it.

Once a website viewer from Minnesota suggested the video - which allegedly shows the shocking killing and dismemberment of Chinese undergraduate student Jun Lin, 33 - appeared to be real, Marek contacted police in Ontario about it, Doyon said.

"He said the police, in Mr. Marek's words, blew them off," Doyon said, adding that Marek took down the video from the website five days later, which was five days before the authorities told him to remove it."

He is saying he posted it in the public interest and, once that was done, it was taken down," Doyon said. "He put it up to see if it was fake or real. Once it was determined it could be real, it was taken down."

Marek was granted bail and was expected to be released once he posted $7,500 cash and satisfied a bail supervisor regarding some conditions, including where he will live.

He must also remain in Alberta and is forbidden from accessing the Internet, going to Internet cafes or possessing any electronic devices, including cellphones, which are able to connect to the Internet.

The bald webmaster, who is a Canadian citizen, but originally from Slovakia, spoke with an accent as he briefly told court about having just one passport and not having dual citizenship.He tried to speak about his website, but was quickly cut off by Doyon and the judge.

Marek is facing a rarely-used charge of "corrupting morals," although Crown attorney Julie Roy told court he might face additional charges once investigators finish going through his seized files.

Edmonton police began looking into Marek's website shortly after Magnotta was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the June 2012 death of Lin.

However, Marek left Canada and spent six months in Asia before returning July 11.

Once he landed in Vancouver, he was stopped by border services, who notified Edmonton police and seized all his computer equipment.

Marek was then contacted by police when he landed in Edmonton and interviewed on Tuesday.

Marek is slated to be back in court on Aug.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 01:40:14 PM »

A snuff film is a motion picture genre that depicts the actual murder of a person or people, without the aid of special effects, for the express purpose of distribution and entertainment or financial exploitation.

I think the closest we ever got was "animal snuff". There are videos of torture and murder but they weren't made for financial profit. So in that regard I don't think Snuff movies really exist.
I agree... call me naïve but I honestly don't think there's a movie out there (and by movie I mean script, characters, plotline etc) where someone who was killed in the movie got actually killed in the scene like it was genuinely part of the director's plan to kill them, then they carried on making the rest of the movie, and then the movie was printed up/distributed etc...nah...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »

We had this movie (briefly) in a video store where I worked in the 1980s.  The store owner was convinced it was a real snuff film and threw it away.  I have the DVD now.  The gore effects are pretty weak.  I have no idea how they fooled my boss.  However, somewhere in this sick world, I am sure snuff movies really exist.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 05:51:04 PM »

I've just remembered the GUINEA PIG movies. I've only seen clips but these come close I suppose, the director had to prove no one was actually killed when they were made... when Charlie Sheen saw one he reported it to the FBI, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_(film_series)

who would want to watch these is beyond me...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Living_Dead_Girl
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2013, 08:40:46 PM »

While not for commericial sale I have seen about a minute of "Three guys one Hammer" which is probably the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. Supposedly a "rich foreign investor" had ordered 40 snuff films and was willing to pay big money for these videos. Whether or not this was true or not was never verified but the video is out there... You can read more about it below but I warn you not seek out the video itself.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs

These two guys were stupid enough to make these films easy to find. But then again don't all serial killers take pride in there work, and in making others scared? There purpose was to watch the world burn not to make a steady living as a snuff film killer... Or they were just stupid. Either way...

I never watched cannibal holocaust, because I am aware off the turtle killing scene that is real. I would have nightmares for weeks. I can easily watch flowers and the flesh and blood and be stable cause I am aware the actress was un harmed. I freaked out in the ring when I thought the horse honestly was torn apart in the boat jets... I ran upstairs and hid under the blankets shaking like a scared kid. I nearly threw up. It was too much. Realizing it is fake I can watch it again... But that will take away. Another 2 years.

I heard about this story a few days ago on another message board. I haven't been to the site (and won't go), but what a piece of s**t this guy is.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/18/bestgorecom-owner-mark-marek-alleged-jun-lin-murder-video-posted-in-public-interest

EDMONTON - Edmonton webmaster Mark Marek claims he posted the Luka Magnotta's alleged snuff video on his bestgore.com website in the "public interest," court heard Thursday.

Defence lawyer Guy Doyon told a judge during a bail hearing that Marek, 38, had put a disclaimer on the website, saying it seemed "fake" and asking if the video was "real," and was seeking to have someone verify it.

Once a website viewer from Minnesota suggested the video - which allegedly shows the shocking killing and dismemberment of Chinese undergraduate student Jun Lin, 33 - appeared to be real, Marek contacted police in Ontario about it, Doyon said.

"He said the police, in Mr. Marek's words, blew them off," Doyon said, adding that Marek took down the video from the website five days later, which was five days before the authorities told him to remove it."

He is saying he posted it in the public interest and, once that was done, it was taken down," Doyon said. "He put it up to see if it was fake or real. Once it was determined it could be real, it was taken down."

Marek was granted bail and was expected to be released once he posted $7,500 cash and satisfied a bail supervisor regarding some conditions, including where he will live.

He must also remain in Alberta and is forbidden from accessing the Internet, going to Internet cafes or possessing any electronic devices, including cellphones, which are able to connect to the Internet.

The bald webmaster, who is a Canadian citizen, but originally from Slovakia, spoke with an accent as he briefly told court about having just one passport and not having dual citizenship.He tried to speak about his website, but was quickly cut off by Doyon and the judge.

Marek is facing a rarely-used charge of "corrupting morals," although Crown attorney Julie Roy told court he might face additional charges once investigators finish going through his seized files.

Edmonton police began looking into Marek's website shortly after Magnotta was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in the June 2012 death of Lin.

However, Marek left Canada and spent six months in Asia before returning July 11.

Once he landed in Vancouver, he was stopped by border services, who notified Edmonton police and seized all his computer equipment.

Marek was then contacted by police when he landed in Edmonton and interviewed on Tuesday.

Marek is slated to be back in court on Aug.

It is a strange world out there...

I agree... call me naïve but I honestly don't think there's a movie out there (and by movie I mean script, characters, plotline etc) where someone who was killed in the movie got actually killed in the scene like it was genuinely part of the director's plan to kill them, then they carried on making the rest of the movie, and then the movie was printed up/distributed etc...nah...

I know in the crow, the leading man was killed on set. And the director destroyed that footage so his death was not a joke. Very sad. made me sad about watching the film.

We had this movie (briefly) in a video store where I worked in the 1980s.  The store owner was convinced it was a real snuff film and threw it away.  I have the DVD now.  The gore effects are pretty weak.  I have no idea how they fooled my boss.  However, somewhere in this sick world, I am sure snuff movies really exist.

Your boss should have been smart enough to realize if fooled by cheap special effects that no one would be stupid enough to have to easily distributed in a video store... and if so. Why does he just not report it?

I've just remembered the GUINEA PIG movies. I've only seen clips but these come close I suppose, the director had to prove no one was actually killed when they were made... when Charlie Sheen saw one he reported it to the FBI, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinea_Pig_(film_series)

who would want to watch these is beyond me...

Charlie Sheen is smarter than Burgomasters old boss... LOL! xD That is an intelligent action to make if you assume there is a legit snuff film out there. And I do not blame him. Those special effects are rather difficult to conceive as being fake. The director had footage off the crew laughing behind the scenes just in case.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 02:17:27 AM »

Parts of the films Africa Addio, Faces Of Death , Cannibal Holocaust and Savage Man, Savage Beast can qualify as snuff films - here I'm referring to the actual footage used, not shot for the film.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:42:08 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
pizdatrica
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 12:10:40 PM »

Well, they actually do exist. It is known that many serial killers taped their crimes. The Dneprovpetrovsk maniacs filmed their killings, and one video was put on the internet titled 3 Guys 1 Hammer. Armin Meiwes taped the murder he committed. So yes, they are real, if you mean video tapes of murders.

As for a whole market of these kinds of videos, where people give huge amounts of money to see them, and a whole criminal organization that kills people for the purpose of filming this, I doubt it.
Gst0395
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:15 PM »

Snuff films are considered an urban legend by many, but I am convinced that somewhere in this world, they do exist. I think there has been murderers who filmed their victims deaths though I've never heard of one who tried to sell the footage on a black market.

And I'm also familiar with Snuff (1976). They were really trying hard to make that tacked on splatter footage look real weren't they? I've seen H.G Lewis footage that looks more convincing.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:04 AM »

Leonard Lake and Charles Ng video taped themselves raping,torturing and murdering women in the 80's.
Is it possible that these are out in the underground? Who knows. Snuff films-it's a fucing sick world. My brother Glenn swore his girlfreinds father had one-says some girl was tied up and had her hand cut off-but-that sounds like the movie SNUFF (1976).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »

There's plenty of 'Simulated' Snuff Films' and even has kind of a decent market for them.

S&DMan
August Underground Trilogy

I've heard there are real ones, there's been interviews of men who've seen them.
The movie 'Snuff'...there's an interview of a man who seen a real one in there.

The simulated ones are made now because nothing scares anyone anymore. If you handed a blank dvd of one of them and told them to watch it and they had no idea what it was...it would be pretty horrifying to most people.

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Snuff movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.