Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:53:23 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Grimm « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grimm  (Read 4818 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 11, 2013, 01:17:16 PM »

Just curious if anyone here enjoys this show. Yes,I know it's in season 2 but I just finished watching the first season on DVD. Since I work that night I never get to see it on tv but I really like it. I dismissed it at first,just like I did Buffy but now I own all 7 seasons. It's well cast and well written. Any other fans?

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Bushma

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

I gave it about five or six episodes and never really got into it.  About the only fun part of the show that I enjoyed is seeing familiar parts of the city on TV.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »

You made it to six? I couldn't even finish the second one. Mind you, I like the basic concept and thought having all the monster people driving German cars was a cute touch. Three factors led to me quitting so soon. The first was the writing staff's apparent unfamiliarity with police procedure. Then there was how it appeared that they subscribed to the philosphy that, if you're writing for a fantasy series, you need not bother with plot logic. The third was that on the day the first disc arrived from Netflix, I was in a crappy mood which got aggravated by the first two factors.

However, I've seen some TV series which I ultimately enjoyed where the first couple of episodes were really terrible. So I suppose I could give it a second chance. So how long do the issues I have persist?
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »

So how long do the issues I have persist?

That's a good question!  I never noticed the first point because the only police procedure I'm familiar with comes from watching TV and movies.  So procedure seems to be get into trouble with the bad guys, then get a whole bunch of guns and shoot some place up and never get hurt.  As far as plot logic, that could be why I never really got into the show.  It seems like they were trying to do x-files only with fantasy monsters instead of aliens.  It just wasn't my sort of show.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »

Season 2 was far stronger, IMO.  Thumbup  The other shows in the same vein that we watched were a major disappointment (Once Upon a Time and Lost Girl, notably) so the improvement in Grimm really stood out.  Seems the writing etc on Grimm kicked it up a notch where the others dropped the ball.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 11:11:16 AM »

i'm glued to it. i don't know why.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 10:06:07 AM »

I liked it, but got to far behind the story line.  I hate serialized TV as its a huge commitment.  One of the Season 1 minor villains is a friend of mine.  I was the episode where the free clinic was eating the homeless.  The clinic manager (with the sandwich) was played by my friend.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Javakoala
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »

i'm glued to it. i don't know why.

A bit of acetone will unglue you. Of course, people with think you've been painting your toenails...
Bushma

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 09:16:03 AM »

Starting Monday I'll be working here.

Bushma

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 12:42:42 PM »

I went for a walk today and accidently found the building where the Grimm production offices are.  Kind of a fitting building I thought.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Grimm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.