Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:51:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Know your Bad Movies: 1970 - 1979 « previous next »
Poll
Question: Seen any of these? Vote!
The Star Wars Holiday Special (1978) - 13 (6.2%)
The Incredible 2-Headed Transplant (1971) - 15 (7.1%)
The Corpse Grinders (1971) - 7 (3.3%)
Sextette (1978) - 5 (2.4%)
Dracula vs. Frankenstein (1971) - 15 (7.1%)
The Giant Spider Invasion (1975) - 21 (10%)
Snuff (1976) - 5 (2.4%)
Gamera vs. Zigra (1971) - 12 (5.7%)
The Crater Lake Monster (1977) - 10 (4.7%)
Drive-In Massacre (1977) - 8 (3.8%)
Carry on Emmannuelle (1978) - 3 (1.4%)
Mitchell (1975) - 16 (7.6%)
Laserblast (1978) - 20 (9.5%)
The Bat People (1974) - 7 (3.3%)
Zaat (1971) - 13 (6.2%)
The Touch of Satan (1971) - 11 (5.2%)
Riding with Death (1976) - 3 (1.4%)
Ape (1976) - 8 (3.8%)
Track of the Moon Beast (1976) - 15 (7.1%)
Angels' Brigade (1979) - 4 (1.9%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Know your Bad Movies: 1970 - 1979  (Read 8150 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 04:09:41 PM »

I missed CORPSE GRINDERS and SNUFF.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 07:03:28 AM »

DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN is a must see!
It's gotta Dracula with a Mike Brady perm!
It's gotta rotton pumpkin face Frankenstien Monster!
It's got Regina Carrol doing a musical number!
I'ts got a freak out acid trip!
It's got Lon Chaney Jr,J. Carrol Naish,and Angelo Rossito !
It's got Russ Tanblyn as a biker!
It's got Gary Kent saying a line that made me spit out my drink with laughter-"A dog looking for it's mate-I found mine". (hear it in context-it's...I cant describe it.)
.It's got Famous Monsters editor Forry Ackerman!
.It's got some of the most inane dialouge since John Carradine mad doctor babble in ASTRO ZOMBIES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjQP_eaFVuU

I first saw it on TV in 1972-on a uhf channel-it was that or baseball. I had already bought the Famous Monsters mag with the s**tty Dracula on the cover....UGH! I didnt appreciate Bad movies then. I was horrified.

I remember when this first premiered on WPIX 11's Chiller Theater around 1972 or so...I wanted to stay home and watch it that night but my parents has a local youth group (mid to late teens) and we went to a hambuger joint for what were the worst I ever had. 

But, I managed to catch it later thru the years and late night or UHF are perfect for it. I have the DVD too! 

A little bit of information: At the one east coast Chiller Theater I attended about 7 or 8 years ago, my cousin and I were talking to Sam Sherman, one time friend of the late director Al Adamson.  Sam said that originally, he and Adamson wanted to get Frances Lederer of The Return Of Dracula fame to be Dracula, but he wanted too much money. That would have been really cool if they could have gotten him!
316zombie
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »

17 of 20. i think maybe i should see a doctor!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 08:30:46 PM »

Seen 7 of them.
I remember seeing the DRIVE-IN MASSACRE video box for a long time, and it looked like it could be  a guilty pleasure.. wow, boring (but with one or two awesome kills).  The ending is the single biggest cheat I've ever seen.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2014, 01:46:28 PM »

Seen 7 of them.
I remember seeing the DRIVE-IN MASSACRE video box for a long time, and it looked like it could be  a guilty pleasure.. wow, boring (but with one or two awesome kills).  The ending is the single biggest cheat I've ever seen.
I've seen that movie but I don't remember anything about it other than it being boring. 

Was that the movie that ended saying that the killer was still on the lose and might be coming to your drive-in next?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2014, 09:04:35 AM »

Seen 7 of them.
I've seen that movie but I don't remember anything about it other than it being boring. 

Was that the movie that ended saying that the killer was still on the lose and might be coming to your drive-in next?

One of the most boring slasher movies ever-a shmuck with a sword at a drive-in-the murders were so dark lite and anti climatic-watching someone eat a sandwhich was more interesting.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Know your Bad Movies: 1970 - 1979 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.