Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:04:52 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Machete Kills" 2013 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Machete Kills" 2013  (Read 9332 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »

Lady Gag Reflex is in the new Machete movie? You won't get any of my money Mr. Rodruiguez, sorry.

I'm looking forward to it. Thumbup
If Lady Gag doesn't ruin it - Lets hope it's just a small cameo. Wink
Maybe it's just me, but Lady Gaga is pretty damned talented.

Relies too heavily on costumes and fanfare. I grew up a punker, but her music IS good and unlike her contemporaries, she doesn't have a huge production team of writers. It's her at a piano writing. And, she CAN sing.

Acting, however, I don't know. She just gets a lot of unwarranted hate from people for no reason other than overexposure which is out of her control at times.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »

Acting, however, I don't know. She just gets a lot of unwarranted hate from people for no reason other than overexposure which is out of her control at times.

I always thought that she was using fame as the concept of her first album. I never really considered looking into her music much, but the general theme that I always got from it is that "fame" itself is a "monster". Hence, the names of her first album and subsequent EP. Then again, I could be giving her more credit as an artist than she deserves.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 11:28:04 AM »

For those that are worried about this movie being brought down by the GaGa, rest assured - other than the opening fake trailer, she probably has less than five minutes of actual screen time.  That opening trailer, however, seems to suggest that she will be back for the third entry...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »

Watched the movie today at an early matinee. I thought the movie was just as fun and silly as the last one. Amber Heard and Demian Bichir are a great addition to the series. The movie certainly does not lack in the gore or eye candy categories (Alexa Vega and Sofia Vergara!). Lots of over the top - you've-got-to-be-kidding-me action that does not take itself too seriously. The movie starts with a preview of part 3 of the trilogy that had me with deep belly laughs (Machete...in space...). Gaga in the movie didn't bother me one bit. Even if I did hate her like many do, she wouldn't keep me away from the series. Just my 2 Lincolns.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »

I saw this at a matinee yesterday. Only four of us in the audience. We all busted a gut laughing. This one seemed more over the top than the original, and it was certainly sillier and even more fun. Lady Gaga's part is small, and while she acts about as well as Madonna (hey, she's a Madonna ripoff, so why not be as bad an actress as well?  TongueOut ), she doesn't ruin the movie in any way. There are several scenes that employ very creative killing methods, every one of which had me laughing like a hyena. I will be adding this one to my collection once it's released on dvd and the price comes down to something reasonable.

As a nice bonus, Danny Trejo seems to move much better in this movie than he did in the original. He seems to be in good shape, especially for a man his age. I assume he's got a trainer now working with him.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Machete Kills" 2013 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.