Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:35 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Man With The Screaming Brain « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Man With The Screaming Brain  (Read 4165 times)
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 08, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »

This film marks Bruce Cambell's directorial debut....and is one of the funniest Frankenstein-type movies I've seen. As an American CEO who travels to Bulgaria to expand his company's interests,he and his wife get involved with a crazy scientist,played by Stacy Keach. After Cambell is killed by a local gypsy he accused of theft,half his brain is replaced by a Russian cab driver's who loved then dumped the same vengeful gypsy. Watching Cambell try to find this woman while constantly arguing with the taxi driver in his head is wonderful. On top of that,his wife is also killed by the gypsy who she saw kissing Cambell before she killed him. Her brain is put into a robot who staggers her way around with revenge on her mind as well.
Excellent!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:52:04 AM »

Bruce never fails to entertain me.  Even in his small cameos. 
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »

This film marks Bruce Cambell's directorial debut....and is one of the funniest Frankenstein-type movies I've seen. As an American CEO who travels to Bulgaria to expand his company's interests,he and his wife get involved with a crazy scientist,played by Stacy Keach. After Cambell is killed by a local gypsy he accused of theft,half his brain is replaced by a Russian cab driver's who loved then dumped the same vengeful gypsy. Watching Cambell try to find this woman while constantly arguing with the taxi driver in his head is wonderful. On top of that,his wife is also killed by the gypsy who she saw kissing Cambell before she killed him. Her brain is put into a robot who staggers her way around with revenge on her mind as well.
Excellent!

In addition to the film and the usual "making of" short, the DVD contains a hilarious short starring Campbell and his co-writer / producer David Goodman detailing their  twenty year struggle to get MWTSB financed; this would make a great movie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_with_the_Screaming_Brain

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 01:59:22 PM »

The Man with the Screaming Brain was an okay movie as a whole. But if you're a Bruce Campbell disciple like I am, it's well worth watching. Ted Raimi is pretty funny in it too.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
tracy

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

The Man with the Screaming Brain was an okay movie as a whole. But if you're a Bruce Campbell disciple like I am, it's well worth watching. Ted Raimi is pretty funny in it too.
I really like Bruce Campell but am just getting into his films. I first saw him watching "Briscoe County Jr.".

Torgo

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:46:55 PM »

I really like Bruce Campell but am just getting into his films. I first saw him watching "Briscoe County Jr.".

Though the Evil Dead films are what he's most famous for, I highly recommend "Bubba Ho-Tep" in which he delivers an amazingly good performance as an old Evil Presley in a nursing home. "My Name is Bruce" has a very weak plot but is a ton of fun in terms of Bruce Campbell hamming it up. As for more serious work, he delivers a good performance in "Maniac Cop" too.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 12:38:04 PM »

Crimewave is really good fun too and I loved the tiniest cameo he had in Darkman.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »

I also loved his small role in the first Spider-man movie.

"What's your name, kid?"

"The Human Spider."

"The Human Spider?  that sucks.  ... Introducing the Amazing Spider-Man!"

"No!  The Human Spider."

"Just get out there."

"But he got my name wrong!"
tracy

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »

Though the Evil Dead films are what he's most famous for, I highly recommend "Bubba Ho-Tep" in which he delivers an amazingly good performance as an old Evil Presley in a nursing home. "My Name is Bruce" has a very weak plot but is a ton of fun in terms of Bruce Campbell hamming it up. As for more serious work, he delivers a good performance in "Maniac Cop" too.

Oh,I have seen "Bubba Ho-Tep"....instant favorite! Wink

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 01:24:11 PM »

BUBBA HO-TEP is great; if you can find it, read the original Joe Lansdale story.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
dean

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 01:36:38 AM »

The Dvd also had a pretty funny Commentary track on it where its just him as Elvis.  Gets a little lost at times, but I suppose he is supposed to be an old fella.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »

It premired in Kalamazoo,Michigan! about a 15 minute drive from Lawton-(where I live).
Bruce is the man with the plan!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Edelweiss
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »

When this film came out, our local theatre owner announced that Bruce C. would be at the showing.  I was a little surprised he would show up at a small venue in the middle of Illinois.  Nearly every seat was filled. He introduced the film, and came on stage afterward to answer questions.  Very cool for a B fan such as myself.  A very quick witted, and funny guy.  He came back when "They call me Bruce" was released, and had a similar Q&A after the movie.  He came across as a very grounded, smart guy.  Of course, he fielded quite a few questions about the "Evil Dead" series, and no doubt has been asked the same ones repeatedly.  He did relate a story about a fan who showed up at an event he attended with a piece of the house from the original movie with hopes he could sign it.  More than a little surprised, .  And I thought I was a fan!  I walked away from those experiences thinking that he's not playing a character in his movies, he's being himself.  That's his sense of humor, demeanor, etc. off camera.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Man With The Screaming Brain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.