Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:58:18 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (High) School Reunions « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: (High) School Reunions  (Read 5795 times)
claws
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »

Did you ever go?

Didn't go to mine. Thinking back, I had no best friends from our class, my best friends went to other classes/schools.
The girls in our class were so damn quiet/stuck up/shy? I hardly spoke two words with any of them throughout our school years.

A few years ago this one girl from our class who I didn't recognize (she used to have red long ponytails and freckles, apparently changed into a blonde) tried to strike up a conversation whenever we bumped into each other. It wasn't until she told me her name that I knew who she was. She was trying to make me go to our reunion, but why should I go? She ignored me in school, and now she was like "OMG! I didn't give a flying f**k about you in school, but we are adults now and I'm interested in knowing you better now! come to our reunion!!!"
My classmates were like strangers and even more so after we finished school.
I have no desire to listen to people I didn't connect (or wouldn't let me connect) with in school telling me their success stories, how many times they were married or how many kids they have.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:26:26 AM »

I would avoid mine like the plague.   

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 07:29:56 AM »

Ouch.

If there was a reunion for my HS, I was not made aware of it.  No attempt at contact: thoughtless exclusion.  IF they had a reunion, I am confident they enjoyed their social event without me.  Which is perfectly fitting as it is consistent with how my HS years went.  Not a big deal.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »

I would avoid mine like the plague.   

Seconded: I would probably get the plague if I went to mine.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 08:08:01 AM »

I graduated from high school in California and now live in Minnesota, so I wouldn't travel 2,000 miles for something like that.  They had our 25 year reunion a while back and I looked at some pictures of it - maybe 20 - 30 people, none of whom I knew or had ever even heard of.  

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 08:17:27 AM »

She ignored me in school, and now she was like "OMG! I didn't give a flying f**k about you in school, but we are adults now and I'm interested in knowing you better now! come to our reunion!!!"

A number of ladies that I had crushes on in high school that I am still in contact with tell me now: "Why didn't you tell me / us this back in the 1980s?" I say that I did but they were too busy saying "Eww.. NERD ALERT! Get away!"  Bluesad

I think this thread is becoming virtual therapy for me: virtual karma to BrotherClaws.  Cheers

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:31:26 AM »

There's a handful of pretty girls I wouldn't mind seeing the rest can drop dread
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 09:27:23 AM »

I went to my 21 year reunion and had a decent time; haven't been to any since.  I got along pretty well with some of my classmates, was despised by a few and ignored by some, but my HS experience was positive enough that I found it worth going to.  Plus, it is also fun to sport a full head of hair when so many of my classmates have gone bald! LOL

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »

If there was a reunion for my HS, I was not made aware of it.  No attempt at contact: thoughtless exclusion.  IF they had a reunion, I am confident they enjoyed their social event without me.  Which is perfectly fitting as it is consistent with how my HS years went.  Not a big deal.

Ouch.  Well who needs 'em, right?  Cheers

I went to my 10-year; nothing had changed.  Everybody designated themselves into the same cliques and didn't associate with anyone else.  Kind of depressing.  Maybe at the 20 we'll be real adults.  Or not....

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:29 PM »

Well I went to my 10 year... Had basically a misarable time.  It was the same bunch of phonies.  There WERE a couple pleasant surprises, but overall if I had a rocket launcher that hotel would be missing a ballroom. 
In response, I dodged the 20 year, and subsequently learned it was a better time all in all.  But overall, I have kept up with or found the people I cared to find, so its superfluous.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

2013 is the 25th anniversary of my high school graduation. If there's any sort of reunion planned, I haven't heard anything about it.

...which is fine by me because I ignored the 10th, 15th, and 20th anniversary reunions therefore I've got a tradition to keep up. :D

Seriously, I didn't like high school much and aside from one or two people from that era that I keep in contact with via Facebook, there isn't really anyone I'm interested in seeing again...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »

My dad recently had his 40th reunion on my birthday, it was at a place I've been to only once. the day before it was at my house, and everyone came at around 7:00 pm, there was more than expected because, unlike the party my parents through every year, it was packed with everybody coming at the same time. My mum is having hers in September at the Moose Lodge in Illinois (she is from there)

yeah no.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

We just had our ten year reunion.

I didn't go. I didn't even go to my graduation or prom, so might as well keep it up.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 07:19:45 PM »

My ten year reunion was canceled due to lack of interest. 

From what I've heard from people that have actually been to them though, the ten year reunion is basically everybody trying to act like they've made something out of their lives and impress each each other.  It's the 20 and up where people have settled down and relaxed where they stop caring about that stuff. 
dean

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 12:38:13 AM »

Ah mine was fun, but then again I spend a fair amount of time with a lot of them still anyways.

The only thing worth noting was it wasn't much of a turn out and was at a bar where they had a dj playing house music and a live saxophonist playing solos over the top of all the music.  Hilarious stuff.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  (High) School Reunions « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.