Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:28:08 PM
712919 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GREAT MOVIES YOU CAN'T WATCH « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: GREAT MOVIES YOU CAN'T WATCH  (Read 12975 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

ED WOOD
I watched it again last week and cried like a baby...I dont need to see it again for awhile.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 08:19:40 AM »

None of them: my DVD player is broken
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »

This:

or any film having anything to do with the worst day in my life: I am dreading the 11th September already.  Bluesad

I outright refuse to watch any of them.

I have two films that fall into this category.

1. Avatar - I saw this multiple times in theaters because someone different wanted to go see it each time. Every showing I was still blown away by it. Then I got it on DVD and I havn't been able to finish it since. It's like chewing gum that's lost its flavor a long time ago.

2. Inception - Saw it in theaters, managed to watch it once at home, just couldn't do it again after that.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:20:59 PM by SynapticBoomstick » Logged

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
VenomX73
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 03:54:40 PM »

Godzilla vs. Destroyah (1995)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »

Argento's DEEP RED

saw it once about 6 years ago, decided it was one of the best films I've ever seen, but somehow got no desire to watch it again?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 03:12:12 AM »

If you're talking about movies you wouldn't want to watch again...

The Sweet Hereafter is a fun-loving movie about a small Canadian town that has just had all of their children die in a horrific school bus accident. Here's a trailer for it, but the trailer is kind of awful.

Small | Large

This is, without a doubt, the saddest movie I have ever seen. Ian Holm deserves special credit for acting in a role where the despair is bottomless. I really think this is a great movie, and I want to watch it again, but the incredible emotional investment I'd have to put in again isn't something I look forward to.

If you're willing to watch a movie that will stick a knife in your soul and keep twisting, check it out. It is an amazing film. I don't have children. If I did, this movie would probably be too much.

It's a great movie, but...

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 04:32:27 AM »

This: I have it on VHS and it always makes me cry but is strangely uplifting, especially the last fifteen minutes.

Brilliant film: I wish it could be released on DVD.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

The Sweet Hereafter is a fun-loving movie about a small Canadian town that has just had all of their children die in a horrific school bus accident. Here's a trailer for it, but the trailer is kind of awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7w-dPZI_LY

This is, without a doubt, the saddest movie I have ever seen. Ian Holm deserves special credit for acting in a role where the despair is bottomless. I really think this is a great movie, and I want to watch it again, but the incredible emotional investment I'd have to put in again isn't something I look forward to.

If you're willing to watch a movie that will stick a knife in your soul and keep twisting, check it out. It is an amazing film. I don't have children. If I did, this movie would probably be too much.

It's a great movie, but...

I never saw that movie but the book is a real gutpunch.  I probably couldn't take it. 
Same with Cormac Mccarthy's THE ROAD

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 02:33:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7w-dPZI_LY
If you're willing to watch a movie that will stick a knife in your soul and keep twisting, check it out. It is an amazing film. I don't have children. If I did, this movie would probably be too much.  It's a great movie, but...
I never saw that movie but the book is a real gutpunch.  I probably couldn't take it.  
Same with Cormac Mccarthy's THE ROAD

I've seen THE SWEET HEREAFTER and it's not the most gut wrenching I've seen.  It is quite a good film, though.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:01:11 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Javakoala
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 05:57:56 PM »

I guess mine would have to be Pixar's Up.

All I heard from EVERYBODY was what a funny movie it is, how cute it is, how awesome it is, and on and on.

I finally watched it like 3 years ago when the love of my life loaned me her copy. I completely lost it within the first 10 minutes. I kept watching it, but every time there was some reference to the old man's wife...I'd start bawling again. Yes, I AM a guy and this movie gutted me in ways I can't describe.

Amy (my lovely lady friend) thought I hated it. I don't hate it. It IS a good movie, but the profound sadness it taps into is almost more than I can tolerate. So, I bought it recently to watch again. Jesus, I was crying so loud that I thought the neighbors would start pounding on the door to tell me to shut up.

I liked it even more this time, but I think that is because I knew what to expect. I was blindsided the first time.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 05:57:38 AM »

Mine would have to be:

And

Brilliant, but so depressing.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »

Well I don't know about a movie that's too sad to watch again but I know a great movie I can't watch. The Godfather (Part I & II)

Every time I try I end up like this.

Mine would have to be:

Brilliant, but so depressing.

Sad movie. What's worse is that half-way through the movie I heard my Mom scream in the other room. We rushed in to find my childhood dog lying dead with a blood puddle forming around her mouth. I had two childhood dogs named Winnie and Pooh. Not long before I saw that movie (On Oct. 10th) Pooh was no longer capable of walking due to her hip being displaced. It would have cost a lot of money just to keep an old dog alive for maybe another year, so we had her put down. Winnie was alone without her sister and it wasn't that long before we found her dead in the kitchen. My Dad buried her while Mom and I cried. When he came back in he asked if I want to finish Requiem for a Dream later. I told him no and that we can finish it tonight.

Maybe sad movies are easier to watch when you're already sad.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:17:16 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 07:52:26 AM »

So, I bought it recently to watch again. Jesus, I was crying so loud that I thought the neighbors would start pounding on the door to tell me to shut up.

That's probably the reason I've never seen it - I don't like it when films unexpectedly give me an emotional punch in the gut.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 03:55:06 PM »

It'll be a while before I watch this again, if ever....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_End_All_Wars

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Francesco Dellamorte
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 12:48:49 AM »

Irreversible - watched in 2007
Black Swan (basically all Aronofsky) - watched in 2011
Clean, Shaven - watched in 2009

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  GREAT MOVIES YOU CAN'T WATCH « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.