Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:20:44 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  recent "horror" « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: recent "horror"  (Read 5935 times)
claws
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 09:41:09 AM »

But I will say that "A Cabin In The Woods" was rather fun for a recent horror film.

I don't quite get all the praise Cabin in the Woods gets. I thought it was only alright and definitely overrated.

Seems like you guys would be better off avoiding recent popular horror movies and maybe stick with less known indie horror. According to IMDb these are the highest rated horror movies released between 2010 - 2013 with no more than 500 votes:

Pizza (2012)
Picco (2010)
House of Good and Evil (2013)
Ashura (2012)
Only Lovers Left Alive (2013)
The Conspiracy (2012)
100 Bloody Acres (2012)
Harold's Going Stiff (2011)
Vampire (2011)
Masks (2011)

I personally haven't seen any of these and I'm not sure about the availability of these titles, but maybe they are offering what you guys are looking for in recent horror movies.
Javakoala
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 01:46:18 PM »

But I will say that "A Cabin In The Woods" was rather fun for a recent horror film.

I don't quite get all the praise Cabin in the Woods gets. I thought it was only alright and definitely overrated.

I wouldn't praise it. I think the people who fall over themselves when it comes to "Cabin" tend to be either Josh Whedon-ites or folks who aren't volume consumers of horror, meaning people who have watched what mainstream dictates to be "horror" and the slightest hint of innovation blows their minds.

I just thought it was kinda fun and entertaining and a nice change from the usual "leave it open for a sequel" type films.

Another semi-recent horror film I thought was a nice change was "The House Of The Devil". It had that great retro air about it.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 06:43:14 AM »

I liked Cabin In The Woods. I thought it was a fun film.

I also stayed away from newer horror for a while, but I watched all mentioned in a short time just to see if I was missing anything and it turns out I wasn't.

Thanks for the heads up on those other movies Javakoala. I will see if I can find them. Cheers

DrSpunkwater
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 05:03:19 PM »

The Descent was one of the better horror films I've seen of late.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 02:37:36 AM »

Yea, I really liked both of The Descent films.

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »

Yea, I really liked both of The Descent films.

I never saw the second one, but I did like the first one quite a bit.
DrSpunkwater
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

The first one was effective. I didn't see the sequel.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  recent "horror" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.