Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:30 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S AN ANNOYING CLICHE', BUT.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IT'S AN ANNOYING CLICHE', BUT....  (Read 5933 times)
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey....white women were in season.

« on: August 26, 2013, 02:51:03 PM »

Something happened on Friday that actually has changed my life!
I got fitted for my CPAP machine....for the last few years, I've been suffering from a raft of symptoms, from mental sluggishness to shortness of breath to eneuresis. My doctor suggested that I have a sleep study done, which I did a coupke weeks ago.

Come to find out, I have sleep apnea, which has been causing oxygen deprivation in my body. I took my machine home last Friday, and have slept wearing a nose mask with air ever since. Already, I'm seeing amazing improvements-I don't drop off to sleep in the afternoon (or at church), I don't snore anymore, or thrash around in bed, I've stopped talking in my sleep, and I feel so much better, I have energy like it's twenty years ago.

If you're feeling old, sluggish, or just like a wreck for no good reason, get a sleep study done. It's no  big deal; indeed, you sleep through it!   

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »

I actually think I need to get tested for apnea. It's pretty expensive though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 04:12:18 PM »

I tell you what, a CPAP saved my marriage. My wife was pregnant with our second child .  Her snoring has gotten very bad (I got no sleep, and she didn't believe she was snoring and we fought over it, I ended up sleeping away from her a lot), and she was short tempered with our little girl.  We were short with each other and things were VERY bad (like "I'm leaving you" bad).  Eventually had a total breakdown of weeping and "no coping", thinking she had finally lost her mind.
Out of desparation she had a whole battery of tests including a sleep test, and found out she had life threatening apnea. Literally every minute she had a significant risk of a stroke. She got her machine, and within two nights all was 100% better.  Now we both evangelize over apnea treatments.

So, I am so happy for you!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »

I had this test done two years ago and was found to have SEVERE Congestive Sleep Apnea.  The CPAP has made me happier, healthier, and I get deep, restful sleep.  I have to do a full face mask because I am a mouth breather.  CPAP's are awesome! Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »

I've stopped talking in my sleep,

How's Tracy going to find out all your secrets now?

Seriously though glad to hear you're feeling so much better!  Very happy for you Alan.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 07:41:35 AM »

YES!
Back in 07, I was so tired, I nearly fell asleep while driving! More than once. It's how I make my living.
Half way through the test, they put me on a machine, and in four hours, I felt better than I had in a long time.
I could not sleep without it, I need it that bad. The doc said I had 94 s breathing stoppages an hour, and the longest was 94 seconds. Yeesh!

Seriously, get checked out.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »

I've stopped talking in my sleep,

How's Tracy going to find out all your secrets now?

Seriously though glad to hear you're feeling so much better!  Very happy for you Alan.

I'll just ask him...I'm that way. BounceGiggle

I must admit,though,that it's helped me,too. I have a bad back that would occassionally have a spasm whenever he moved about.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:38:22 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »

I tell you what, a CPAP saved my marriage. My wife was pregnant with our second child .  Her snoring has gotten very bad (I got no sleep, and she didn't believe she was snoring and we fought over it, I ended up sleeping away from her a lot), and she was short tempered with our little girl.  We were short with each other and things were VERY bad (like "I'm leaving you" bad).  Eventually had a total breakdown of weeping and "no coping", thinking she had finally lost her mind.
Out of desparation she had a whole battery of tests including a sleep test, and found out she had life threatening apnea. Literally every minute she had a significant risk of a stroke. She got her machine, and within two nights all was 100% better.  Now we both evangelize over apnea treatments.

So, I am so happy for you!
-Ed

THank you; glad for you and your wife.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 01:44:10 PM »

YES!
Back in 07, I was so tired, I nearly fell asleep while driving! More than once. It's how I make my living.
Half way through the test, they put me on a machine, and in four hours, I felt better than I had in a long time.
I could not sleep without it, I need it that bad. The doc said I had 94 s breathing stoppages an hour, and the longest was 94 seconds. Yeesh!

Seriously, get checked out.

Same here....the woman who administered  the test said that, in two years of working at that facility, I was the worst she'd seen; 100 stops an hour.

The amazing part is how fast you start to improve....as you said, you can see a difference from just the few hours you sleep with the device during tesating.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »

The nurse who did my sleep study told me how many stops an hour I had, but I can't remember the number now.  But what did stick in my head was when she told me that my blood oxygen level, which is supposed to be in the 90's, was down to 45 at one point. She said "That's heart attack territory!"

What I do remember is being cranky, feeling drained every day, and falling asleep every time I sat still.  I even fell asleep while lecturing to my seventh graders one day!!!  They were laughing when I shook my head and came to, but no one would tell me what I had said.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 03:44:34 PM »

The nurse who did my sleep study told me how many stops an hour I had, but I can't remember the number now.  But what did stick in my head was when she told me that my blood oxygen level, which is supposed to be in the 90's, was down to 45 at one point. She said "That's heart attack territory!"

What I do remember is being cranky, feeling drained every day, and falling asleep every time I sat still.  I even fell asleep while lecturing to my seventh graders one day!!!  They were laughing when I shook my head and came to, but no one would tell me what I had said.

Sounds familiar....it 's so cool, how much stuff has gotten better....

More energy
Better attitude
Clearer thoughts
Food tastes better
Not as tempermental

And afew more private things.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  IT'S AN ANNOYING CLICHE', BUT.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.