Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:59:38 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Movie script done « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie script done  (Read 15995 times)
TEENAGER THOR
« on: August 19, 2013, 10:19:46 PM »

Just finished a movie script that you guys are going to love. I will post updates here, but all I can say at this point is that if you are on Badmovies.org you are gonna love this movie.

Its a vintage sci fi throwback, but don't think "lost skeleton of cadavra". Its slick, intelligent and going to be a huge hit. Will be talking with the star/exec producer about the project later this month.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:13 AM »

Just finished a movie script that you guys are going to love. I will post updates here, but all I can say at this point is that if you are on Badmovies.org you are gonna love this movie.

Its a vintage sci fi throwback, but don't think "lost skeleton of cadavra". Its slick, intelligent and going to be a huge hit. Will be talking with the star/exec producer about the project later this month.

Good luck. It's nice to have confidence, but honestly, I wouldn't oversell it if I were you. There's no way to know whether it's going to be a "huge hit"; that's not within your control. To get people interested describe the plot (without using spoilers) and give vivid details.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
TEENAGER THOR
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »

I appreciate that Rev. However I am not a newbie. I have been writing for over 30 years, have completed 2 novels and received a book contract, have had features in national magazines, and have had a short story optioned as another movie (not this one).  I have a pretty good idea on what will sell.

And once I secure the people that are going to be involved, I am sure you will agree on the movies success. I understand how I probably sounded like some film school college kid with the enthusiasm. I will keep you posted.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »

And once I secure the people that are going to be involved, I am sure you will agree on the movies success. I understand how I probably sounded like some film school college kid with the enthusiasm. I will keep you posted.

Plus the word "Teenager" in your name.  TongueOut

But I will never agree on a movie's success is guaranteed based on the people involved. Even COOL AS ICE flopped and no one could have predicted that!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
TEENAGER THOR
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:22:43 PM »

Right, I picked the name from teens from outer space as opposed to Thor, the Avenger member. I should have went with King Moody, maybe.

And I agree that supposed "hits" tank while obscure movies take off. Forcing the issue is a sure formula for failure. I am just talking about how I see the project. Not meaning to sound obnoxious. There's a difference when you are trying to hard to do something. Napoleon Dynamite was a train wreck, but I thought Nacho Libre was a classic. The Princess Bride and Buckaroo Banzai were stellar (although I have heard some people say of Banzai that it was a little too impressed with its own cuteness. It is finally starting to get the rep it deserved: slick, tightly written, deadpan goodness.).

People put Once upon a time in the west in the "TOP 10 Westerns of all time". I hated it. And I like Leone, Bronson and Fonda. There's not reason I shouldn't have liked it. And my fave categories are westerns, old sci fi and classic noir.

So you are right, who can say. In this instance, I say" me.  ;)
KING MOODY
New Visitor

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 11:04:38 PM »

BTW, I killed the other account (teenager thor), so this is me now. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Movie script done « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.