Main Menu

Movie script done

Started by TEENAGER THOR, August 19, 2013, 10:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TEENAGER THOR

Just finished a movie script that you guys are going to love. I will post updates here, but all I can say at this point is that if you are on Badmovies.org you are gonna love this movie.

Its a vintage sci fi throwback, but don't think "lost skeleton of cadavra". Its slick, intelligent and going to be a huge hit. Will be talking with the star/exec producer about the project later this month.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: TEENAGER THOR on August 19, 2013, 10:19:46 PM
Just finished a movie script that you guys are going to love. I will post updates here, but all I can say at this point is that if you are on Badmovies.org you are gonna love this movie.

Its a vintage sci fi throwback, but don't think "lost skeleton of cadavra". Its slick, intelligent and going to be a huge hit. Will be talking with the star/exec producer about the project later this month.

Good luck. It's nice to have confidence, but honestly, I wouldn't oversell it if I were you. There's no way to know whether it's going to be a "huge hit"; that's not within your control. To get people interested describe the plot (without using spoilers) and give vivid details.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

TEENAGER THOR

I appreciate that Rev. However I am not a newbie. I have been writing for over 30 years, have completed 2 novels and received a book contract, have had features in national magazines, and have had a short story optioned as another movie (not this one).  I have a pretty good idea on what will sell.

And once I secure the people that are going to be involved, I am sure you will agree on the movies success. I understand how I probably sounded like some film school college kid with the enthusiasm. I will keep you posted.

Rev. Powell

Quote from: TEENAGER THOR on August 20, 2013, 10:11:13 PM

And once I secure the people that are going to be involved, I am sure you will agree on the movies success. I understand how I probably sounded like some film school college kid with the enthusiasm. I will keep you posted.

Plus the word "Teenager" in your name.  :tongueout:

But I will never agree on a movie's success is guaranteed based on the people involved. Even COOL AS ICE flopped and no one could have predicted that!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

TEENAGER THOR

Right, I picked the name from teens from outer space as opposed to Thor, the Avenger member. I should have went with King Moody, maybe.

And I agree that supposed "hits" tank while obscure movies take off. Forcing the issue is a sure formula for failure. I am just talking about how I see the project. Not meaning to sound obnoxious. There's a difference when you are trying to hard to do something. Napoleon Dynamite was a train wreck, but I thought Nacho Libre was a classic. The Princess Bride and Buckaroo Banzai were stellar (although I have heard some people say of Banzai that it was a little too impressed with its own cuteness. It is finally starting to get the rep it deserved: slick, tightly written, deadpan goodness.).

People put Once upon a time in the west in the "TOP 10 Westerns of all time". I hated it. And I like Leone, Bronson and Fonda. There's not reason I shouldn't have liked it. And my fave categories are westerns, old sci fi and classic noir.

So you are right, who can say. In this instance, I say" me.  ;)

KING MOODY

BTW, I killed the other account (teenager thor), so this is me now. :)