Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:52:31 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The New Batman.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The New Batman....  (Read 6191 times)
ChaosTheory
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 23, 2013, 02:00:48 PM »

....was the bomb in PHANTOMS, yo.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ben-affleck-is-the-new-batman-1200586881/

And I think I'm the one person on the planet who doesn't care.  As far as I'm concerned, nobody can be worse than Clooney or as good as Kevin Conroy.  Now I'm off to youtube some B:TAS episodes.

Cheers

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 02:09:38 PM »

I think he can do it.  He's a good actor; he was good in Daredevil, and he's only gotten better since. 

At the very least, this means we won't get any more of that horrible Bale-Batman voice. 
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »

While I'm not really upset, I'm just not thrilled by the casting.  And not for the reasons I think a lot of people have.

I have no issue with Ben Afflect. I don't hate him or think he's an awful actor like many say. I actually liked Daredevil. True, he may be better behind the camera then in front of it, but its not his acting I am having doubts about his casting.

I just think its just another wrong step in the future DC films.  Man of Steel was (supposedly) Time Warner once again trying to have a DC movie universe akin to Diseny's Marvel movie universe.  They tried once with Green Lantern, but since that bombed they needed a new jumping off point. There were a few missteps in MOS but they might have been able to move past them. 

Having Batman and Superman fighting in the next movie is something that should have been saved for later.  Also, several rumors and stories circulating around the internet seem to be pointing that the next movie is inspired by the TDKR story lines with an older Batman.  If they want Batman or more specifically Bruce Wayne in later films-playing on the old man Batman story just seems to limit future potential.   I'm hoping to be wrong-but I'm not holding my breath.

(Disney's Marvel....that STILL doesn't sound right)

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »

It kinda makes sense.  He's already Dare Devil so he has that super sonic hearing like a bat.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »

Interesting casting....I enjoyed Daredevil. I'm definitely willing to see it.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Archivist

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:41 AM »

Years ago, after the debacle of the earlier Batman movies, I was highly impressed with the dark tone of Daredevil.  "That's what Batman should have been like.  Gritty and dark, not this poncified cartoonish stuff."  Some years later, Batman Begins screened and it was everything I had hoped for and much more.

Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne?  It could be very, very good.  But I see Winged Serpent's point about using the storyline of an aged Batman.  It could potentially limit what they do in the future.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 06:30:02 AM »

Did you just say "yo"?   TeddyR

I watched the first Batman movie and thought it was decent, mostly because of the atmosphere of Gotham City.  Got to that one with the Penguin and thought it was pretty crummy.  Watched maybe 5 minutes of the Arnold Shcwarzenegger one.  Totally lost interest after that.  I'm just not into superhero movies I guess.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
dean

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »

Jennifer Lopez as Catwoman and I'm sold.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 07:10:25 AM »

I am not a comic book person. I don't hate them; I just don't tend to read them. That said, the only "real" Batman to me is Adam West, the one I grew up with. I don't care for Ben Afflek and don't think he is a particularly good actor, and, though the same can be said about Adam West's acting ability, he is and forever will be my favorite in the role. So suck it, Dark Knight.  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 10:38:55 AM »

I think Affleck will do fine. I just revisited "Daredevil" a week or so before the "Bat-fleck" uproar hit the fan and it was better than I remembered.

I honestly never felt that Christian Bale was doing anything particularly special as Batman. Those movies were great, but Bale was just The Guy In the Suit. I get the feeling that you could've plugged anybody into the Bat-Suit in those movies and they would've turned out about the same.

The people signing online petitions against Affleck crack me up. Nobody takes them seriously. They remind me of this guy:

"WORST. Casting decision. EVER. I was sharing my displeasure with the world via the Internet within MOMENTS. What's next, Shia Laboeuf as Galactus? Don't make me laugh."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »

On the upside of him playing an older Batman, he's just into his 40s and is perpetually baby-faced.  He'll look like a guy in his forties for probably 15 years.  If the rumors of him signing on for TWELVE FILMS as Batman are true, that's a good thing.
Bushma

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  The New Batman.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.