Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 05:04:07 AM
539682 Posts in 40878 Topics by 5157 Members
Latest Member: AttackDonut
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Rage Inducing Video Games « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rage Inducing Video Games  (Read 1545 times)
A.J. Bauer
A German Expressionist and a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 23, 2013, 11:46:35 PM »

Anyone familiar with the phrase "Dance, water! Dance!" has probably destroyed their PS2 controller.  Hatred

Anyway. Video games that make you mad, GO!

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »

I've recently come to the realization that I should not automatically pick the hard difficulty on video games.

It was always my philosophy to not step away from games being hard. I'll play them and beat them because it matters to me to accomplish that, but it kind of stops being fun (at least the first time through).

There aren't many games I hold in higher regard than the God of War series, but I always played them on the most difficult level available. To this day, I do not know how I had the patience to get through some of the battles in those games. I died so many times. I tend to censor myself somewhat unsuccessfully on this board, but the invective I put towards the screen (and my anger at the game programmers) when I played those games was beyond blue.

I did beat them, and I felt accomplished, but I'm not sure I was having "fun".

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Jack

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 06:44:24 AM »

Turok.  It was like they went through the game with a fine-toothed comb and anytime they found something the least bit fun, they replaced it with something frustrating.  I remember one part where there were these giant scorpions coming at me.  I climbed on top of a building and found a mounted machine gun up there.  Yay!  Oh but wait, when you hit the trigger, it takes a second or two before it starts shooting.  And if you just breath on the controller it shifts your aim 15 feet.  So I just aimed in one spot and all the brainless scorpions basically killed themselves by walking into my bullets.  Best part?  They were infinitely respawning so you didn't even get any sense of accomplishment from killing them all.  And like I say, that's ONE example  - everything in the game was like that. 

Shift 2 Unleashed.  The AI cars in the game were pretty good for the most part, but on certain tracks like Laguna Seca...if you could get one-fourth of the way through the first lap without getting rammed off the track it was a real accomplishment.  There was also this Autolog thing which would display the best times in each race of everybody on your friends list.  Me and this other guy were going back-and-forth beating each others times around the Nurburgring.  Trouble was, the game liked to crash about half the time before you'd finish your lap around that track.  Oh was that ever fun.   Lookingup

And Fallout New Vagas of course.  I spent about 100 hours with it, probably one-third of which were just re-playing stuff that was lost when the game would crash every 60 - 90 minutes.  The joy.

Contrary to poular belief, left-handedness is a choice. All allegedly left-handed people are just faking it to annoy the rest of us.
Trevor
Chief Troublemaker at Badmovies.org
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:09 AM »

DUCK HUNT: that [expletive deleted] laughing dog. 
A.J. Bauer

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »

Jak II

Almost every mission I've failed or died and had to start over. But when you fail you go... back... to... the... mission... start...

hot Hatred hot Hatred  hot Hatred  hot Hatred  hot Hatred  hot Hatred  hot Hatred  hot  Twirling hot Hatred  hot Hatred

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »

Any game that instead of getting more challenging creatively, just gets harder... inifinite respawn of bad guys but not ammo kind of thing. Or the bad guys just get faster and faster. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
retrorussell
Clouseau! Hmhmhmhmm!!! (twitch)

You said "Minkey"!

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »

Those damn eagles in NINJA GAIDEN for the NES.. you'd be knocked off cliffs by those f***ers all the damn time.

HBO in space!<br />
Trevor
Chief Troublemaker at Badmovies.org
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »

Those damn eagles in NINJA GAIDEN for the NES.. you'd be knocked off cliffs by those f***ers all the damn time.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

That sounds like the problem I had with those jumping ninjas in ShinobiSmile
Bushma

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

Mario Kart.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
A.J. Bauer

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 08:13:18 AM »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:16:54 AM by A.J. Bauer » Logged

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 03:02:04 PM »

Couldn't have said it better...in fact the entire game itself was a truckload of frustration!
retrorussell
Clouseau! Hmhmhmhmm!!! (twitch)

You said "Minkey"!

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 05:45:57 PM »

Couldn't have said it better...in fact the entire game itself was a truckload of frustration!

If you get and keep the blue pinwheel-shaped icon (that lets you slash in a saw-blade manner) it makes beating the bosses a HELL of a lot easier.  But those birds still suck.  Sometimes you can un-sprite the birds by inching forward till they appear then backtrack half a step and return (or something like that) and they will not reappear there.  I've beaten the game but it's very, very tough without these tricks.

Another one:
The timer in BAGMAN forces you to pick up bags quickly and deposit them in the wheelbarrow.  You have maybe a minute and a little change for each bag, and there's like 20 some of them!

HBO in space!<br />
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 10:58:18 AM »

If you get and keep the blue pinwheel-shaped icon (that lets you slash in a saw-blade manner) it makes beating the bosses a HELL of a lot easier.  But those birds still suck.  Sometimes you can un-sprite the birds by inching forward till they appear then backtrack half a step and return (or something like that) and they will not reappear there.  I've beaten the game but it's very, very tough without these tricks.

You know the drill, my friend. I did that too and it cut down on the amount of birdies but I still wound up getting knocked off the cliff a few times even afterwards.And then there was the last boss monster...  Buggedout

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:32:53 AM »

Easy thread this.

Control on Goldeneye.

Having to constantly protect her guards come out left, right and centre did my head in!
Took me two years to do it. Two years!!!!!!1

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Bad Movie Lover

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 02:20:47 PM »

Half-Life 2 on the XBox 360. Emphasis on XBox 360, meaning the damned controller. Meaning that the game is obviously meant to be played with a mouse and WASD control scheme on a PC. Yes, PC gaming is superior in almost every way, but not every one of us can afford a decent gaming PC. Most of us in life want the Porsche 911 but have to make do with the Honda Civic.

I bought the Half-Life 2: Orange Box for the XBox 360 back in 2007, and I still can't get past the big walker invasion of the resistance home base in Episode 2. The controller really sucks on this part, because I know that if I had a damned mouse and keyboard, that I would have beaten the game in 2007 right after I bought it.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Rage Inducing Video Games « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.