Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:41:30 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And I quote... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62
Author Topic: And I quote...  (Read 297547 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #255 on: May 10, 2014, 09:59:05 PM »

What a cheerful human being! I bet he was a blast at parties!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #256 on: May 10, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »

"It is better to marry someone who loves you than to marry someone you love."

---Ancient Chinese Proverb

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #257 on: May 10, 2014, 11:29:33 PM »

I made that based on a quote from this old shock cinema magazine. He was talking about what drew him to the story behind 40 deuce, a trashy film he eventually made
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »

"Mothers are all slightly insane."
---J.D. Salinger

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »

On disk 4 of the biography of Jim Henson. What a life! Sooooo...

« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:50:34 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Flangepart

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 05:25:59 PM by Flangepart » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »

"I believe, if we take habitual drunkards as a class, their heads and their hearts will bear an advantageous comparison with those of any other class. There seems ever to have been a proneness in the brilliant and warm-blooded to fall into this vice." - Abraham Lincoln

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flangepart

« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2014, 08:09:00 AM »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 08:20:01 AM by Flangepart » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »

"We are taxed in our bread and wine, in our income and our investments, on our land and property, not only for base creatures who do not deserve the name of men, but for foreign nations who bow to us and accept our largesse, and promise to assist in keeping the power. These mendicant nations who will destroy us when we show a moment of weakness or when our treasury is bare---and surely it is becoming bare---were they bound to us by ties of love they would not ask for our gold. They hate and despise us, and who shall say we are worthy of more?"

---Marcus Tullius Cicero, ca 46 BC

Look to the past for the key to the future.

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »

Cicero said a lot of epic stuff which is still relevant to today's world

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2014, 05:07:33 PM »

Yeah, but what did it get him?  His head cut off and his hands nailed to the Senate doors!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »

We were discussing Peter Jackson's HOBBIT movies on FaceBook, and when I said I was reserving judgment on the series till I had seen the last movie, one of my former students replied thus:

"What judgement is there to reserve? Peter Jackson drove to the store, rented The Phantom Menace, watched it very closely, fell in love, tried to propose to it, realized it was a movie, went to work, and then proceeded to honor his new found lover by ruining the Hobbit. He Lucased this. I think I would prefer to set my own eyes ablaze than see Radagast the Brown driving a bunny sled or see new elven characters whisper sweet nothings into the ears of dwarves again. Judgement delivered: Peter Jackson has committed unforgivable cinematic sins against God, man, and Tolkien and therefore must face eternal damnation (which is in this case me not seeing the third in this trilogy)."

Josso
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2014, 05:14:19 PM »

His awesome old b-movies might not forgive him, I enjoyed them but not as much as LOTR from a totally "let's watch some things blow up" perspective.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #268 on: May 22, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

We were discussing Peter Jackson's HOBBIT movies on FaceBook, and when I said I was reserving judgment on the series till I had seen the last movie, one of my former students replied thus:

"What judgement is there to reserve? Peter Jackson drove to the store, rented The Phantom Menace, watched it very closely, fell in love, tried to propose to it, realized it was a movie, went to work, and then proceeded to honor his new found lover by ruining the Hobbit. He Lucased this. I think I would prefer to set my own eyes ablaze than see Radagast the Brown driving a bunny sled or see new elven characters whisper sweet nothings into the ears of dwarves again. Judgement delivered: Peter Jackson has committed unforgivable cinematic sins against God, man, and Tolkien and therefore must face eternal damnation (which is in this case me not seeing the third in this trilogy)."

That was SO funny! Indy, I hope you gave the lad an A+. No doubt a future Supreme Court judge or owner of a Dunkin' Donuts. Peter Jackson should be tarred 'n feathered and run back to New Zealand on a rail. I liked LOTR a decade ago but the man all but raped Tolkien's ghost with this bloated trilogy that left me embarrassed for everyone concerned. On the subject, did you guys catch Viggo Mortensen's slam of Jackson in EW? I agreed with every word. Maybe some of us will live long enough to see a truer version of The Hobbit done on virtu-scope or whatever movies are shot on by then. I still haven't watched the second Hobbit installment because the first one was an offense when more worthy flicks like Test Pattern II: The Seizure Zone were out there instead. Heck, you can read the novel in less time than it takes to sit through one of those alleged Hobbit films. The student who wrote that comment was spot-on!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #269 on: May 22, 2014, 10:40:36 PM »

The first film really didn't bother me nearly as much - most of the added storyline was actually take from Tolkien's work, other than the "Pale Orc" plotline. But the second film . . . good grief!!! Buggedout

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 62
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  And I quote... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.