Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:58:08 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Classic Monster Movie Magazine « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Classic Monster Movie Magazine  (Read 8077 times)
cyberschizoid
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 31, 2013, 03:40:06 AM »

Space Monsters is a brand new publication dedicated to classic sci-fi, fantasy and monsters in movies and television from the black and white silent era through to the colourful early eighties! 80 black and white A5 pages with full colour front and back covers packed with the very best movies and TV shows from a bygone era. Featuring features, reviews and artwork from many of the same cast and crew of popular classic horror magazine We Belong Dead, classic horror and sci-fi fans are going to love Space Monsters Magazine!

spacemonstersmag.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/space-monsters-issue-one-is-now-available-to-pre-order/

Now available to pre-order from the Classic Horror Campaign website:

www.classichorrorcampaign.com/space-monsters-magazine/

Also available to pre-order from Hemlock Books:
http://www.hemlockbooks.co.uk/Shop/category/112

Read more: http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/thread/5304/brand-new-british-monster-magazine#ixzz2abuiRiw0
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 07:25:18 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »

I dunno,Hallows-It sounds like it may be a good rag!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:04 AM »

Space monsters, yay!!!  BounceGiggle

I hope they cover Lost In Space, it was chock full of space monsters, and that's why it's my fave of the old classic shows. One episode, "Prisoners Of Space" was one that comes to mind. It was right out of a comic book, just the way we like it.

In this one, the Robinsons are put on trial by a galactic tribunal and the judge and jury are all creatures from other parts of the galaxy. The courtroom set piece is amazing, with John Williams' music adding that extra atmosphere that really put the icing on the cake.

Catch it here:

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2447376409/
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:58 PM »

Read all of his posts.  Salesman.

Pacman000
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 05:11:54 PM »

I hope they cover Lost In Space, it was chock full of space monsters, and that's why it's my fave of the old classic shows. One episode, "Prisoners Of Space" was one that comes to mind. It was right out of a comic book, just the way we like it.

In this one, the Robinsons are put on trial by a galactic tribunal and the judge and jury are all creatures from other parts of the galaxy. The courtroom set piece is amazing, with John Williams' music adding that extra atmosphere that really put the icing on the cake.

Catch it here:

I liked that episode.  It was a clip show, but it was a good clip show. 
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »

But this post is in the correct section for such.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 09:19:26 PM »

But this post is in the correct section for such.
You're the webmaster and his posts are inoffensive. 

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »

Catch it here:

I liked that episode.  It was a clip show, but it was a good clip show. 

Right on man! It's amazing how truly 50's Lost In Space really was, Heck, I rememeber my cousin's LIS lunchbox, with the cyclops on one side and the Robinons fighting some 1000-tentacled monster in some rocky outcropping with a star-filled twilight sky above them. It's the stuff of legend.  I hate to show my fan boy side, but space monsters were always the coolest. Makes me wish I was a kid back then!  Cheers
cyberschizoid
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »

Catch it here:

Space Monsters mag will definitely be featuring Lost In Space at some stage - two of the most requested items so far have been Lost In Space and the 60's Outer Limits tv show!

It's nice to read some constructive feedback - thanks!
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 04:34:21 PM »

Space monsters, yay!!!  BounceGiggle

Catch it here:

Space Monsters mag will definitely be featuring Lost In Space at some stage - two of the most requested items so far have been Lost In Space and the 60's Outer Limits tv show!

It's nice to read some constructive feedback - thanks!

You're quite welcome!  Anyone who watched the Cyclops from Lost In Space throw rocks at the space chariot knows what a space monster is!  You know what? This reminds me of the two Starlog collectors' edition magazines that came out when I was a kid...one was a special on monsters and aliens from famous movies and TV, and the other one was a special on space ships from movies and TV also. Wish I still had them, they would be worth some bit of coin now I would think.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 06:44:57 AM »

I still think it sounds like a good rag. Famous Monsters and Castle of Frankenstein were just rags when they came out.CoF never even made it to FM statis-even though it was better!
I cant put down any fanzine.They are f**king TRYING! Cheers

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  New Classic Monster Movie Magazine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.