Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:27 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  World War Z trailer and posters. modified « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: World War Z trailer and posters. modified  (Read 39645 times)
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 04:24:36 PM »

These are MY Twinkies, damn you!!!

WOAH!!!  You have Twinkies?!  Real Twinkies?!  I'm coming for you, there will be no stopping me!  If I have to unleash a horde of undead to get them I'll do it!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Pacman000
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »

PG-13 isn't bad; a movie can be good without lots of gore.  Dracula Has Risen from the Grave is good and it was rated G!  Alright , that was the late 60's; it would probably be PG today,still, it demonstrates that a horror movie can be effective without gore.
fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 07:36:37 PM »

PG-13 isn't bad; a movie can be good without lots of gore.  Dracula Has Risen from the Grave is good and it was rated G!  Alright , that was the late 60's; it would probably be PG today,still, it demonstrates that a horror movie can be effective without gore.
I agree that many horror movies do not need gore for example ghost movies or like you mentioned vampire films. However considering that zombies are creatures that eat the flesh of people I cannot see a zombie film being effective if it avoids that reality. Also having seen the trailer on the big screen it is clear that the CGI used for the hordes of zombies does not look anywhere near acceptable for a movie of this budget (200 Million!!!!!!!!) and ambition. Definitely will not be paying a ticket to see this one in theaters.

Bushma

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:40 PM »

I'm not going to pay imax/3D prices for it, I won't even pay regular theater prices for it.  I'll wait for it to come to my $3 theater and maybe I'll see it there.

major jay

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 10:23:58 AM »

This premiered in London last night and so far the opinion is 50/50. It sounds like it's not a horror movie, but an action/thriller done on a grand scale. I like the idea of that because it's never really been done quite that way. Plus, I think Brad Pitt can carry a movie. I'm looking forward to everyone's opinion on this one.
Any Brits plan on seeing this?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:31:16 AM by major jay » Logged

fulci420
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:25 PM »

I'm not going to pay imax/3D prices for it, I won't even pay regular theater prices for it.  I'll wait for it to come to my $3 theater and maybe I'll see it there.

Are you sure you don't want to pay 50$ for it?
http://www.worldwarzmovie.com/megaticket/
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »

What amuses me there is the "one small popcorn" bit.  Couldn't even make it a full sized?  And no drink? 
ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 11:31:50 AM »

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold up.  

A PG-13 rated movie about a war against zombies?  How do they expect that to work?  

... eh, I suppose it's just as well.  I'm getting tired of zombies anyway.  

Honestly it isn't the PG13 that's the sticking point so much as the $200mil budget/delayed-delayed production/starring Brad Pitt/calling Lindelof in as a script doctor for me.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Bushma

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »

My Name is Bushma, and I watched World War Z.

I have to be honest here, so I will admit that I enjoyed the first 2/3 of the movie.  While I'm being honest I will also admit that I did some drinking prior to and during the movie to help get me in a less angry and more willing to forget the book, so I could watch the movie and give it a fair chance.  I've seen so many zombie movies over the years that I can accept that modern zombies can run, jump and parkour better than any person; so I can accept these "zombies". 

Give it a chance, but have a few drinks before and accept that it's like the book in name only and a few character names.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »

I've seen so many zombie movies over the years that I can accept that modern zombies can run, jump and parkour better than any person
I can't.  They're zombies.  You want something that can do fancy acrobatics, pick a different monster. 
major jay

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:10 AM »

Caught this on On Demand, and have to say I loved it.
The nods I noticed to Romero were that the first attacks were on people in cars (getting to them using head butts instead of a rock)  The apartment complex set, Gerry ingesting infected blood, and the soldiers hand being cut off before infection sets in.
The third part was a bit of a let down, but all in all this was a fun flick.
Also, did anyone notice that the bum in the alley was the first person ignored by the zombies?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 10:35:39 AM by major jay » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  World War Z trailer and posters. modified « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.