Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:04:43 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  ROBOCOP Remake 2014 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ROBOCOP Remake 2014  (Read 18364 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2013, 04:46:42 PM »

I showed the trailer to my 10 year old, his response was "it looks OK, but they're kinda ripping off Iron Man." BounceGiggle

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
VenomX73

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

Antonowsky: Rgggrrr! Heeeelppp!... blaaaaaaaa..................

Nash: AHhhhhhhh! GET THE HELL OFF ME!.........

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
ChaosTheory

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 04:01:21 PM »

I know they thought it was a good idea; somebody said "Hey that movie's got a cool story but the special effects are really bad, we can improve on that so much!"

But there is no improving on this:

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
VenomX73

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 04:08:24 PM »

B!TCHES!, LEAVE.

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
DrSpunkwater
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 06:56:56 PM »

I know they thought it was a good idea; somebody said "Hey that movie's got a cool story but the special effects are really bad, we can improve on that so much!"

Except that Robocop's special effects are really good.

The human hands look *really* tacky. And more importantly, I've got a strong feeling this POS will have none of the intelligence of the original.

Rule #1 of remakes: If the original was already well done, you should probably leave well enough alone.
Bushma

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 07:47:59 PM »

Rule #1 of remakes: If the original was already well done, you should probably leave well enough alone.

Is that a new rule?  Because it doesn't seem to have applied to any of the remakes from the last 20 or so years.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Archivist

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »

Please stop this movie!  You have twenty seconds to comply!

My first encounter with Robocop was in the cinema, during the original theatrical release in Australia.  It was fairly edited, with the 'important' parts cut out of the shooting, and the ED-209 malfunction, and even then it was quite harsh for a young teenager to see.  When I saw the orginal version later, I was shocked at how brutal it was.

My favourite part of the whole movie, however, is ED-209 in the boardroom.  Best scene ever.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
DrSpunkwater
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 10:43:30 PM »

Is that a new rule?  Because it doesn't seem to have applied to any of the remakes from the last 20 or so years.

If it isn't, then it is now.
Jim H

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:15 AM »

Low hopes on this one, from the looks of the trailer a lot of the sub-text will be gone and they're smoothing out all the interesting creative choices, making it into a bland corporate product.  Almost clever, really, if it were deliberate.

That said, the one thing that might make it watchable is the director.  It's Jose Padilha, who did the quite solid Brazilian cop flicks, Elite Squad and its sequel.  I suspect the producers are heavily controlling the creative decisions though.  Shame.
L
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 09:36:42 AM »

Well the original was wild I didn't mind part 2 either.  I will watch this one only because of Michael Keaton and the effects.  Maybe I will like it I don't know it's way too soon to tell yet. i don know I don't like him keeping the real hand .
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »

Wrote me a blog about the forthcoming Robo-Remake this week. Am I lookin' forward to it? Mmmm.... nah, not really.  TeddyR

http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/The-RoboCop-Remake-Smash-or-Trash

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

By the third film, the violence and carnage was noticeably watered down (RC3 was rated PG-13, while the first two films had both been rated "R") in the hopes of turning the cyborg lawman into a kid-friendly superhero that could be spun off into TV cartoons, action figures and other merchandise. However, RC3's anemic box office performance quickly scuttled those ideas

Hey, fat, just so you know ...

Small | Large

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_%28comics%29#Marvel_Comics

Small | Large

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »

By the third film, the violence and carnage was noticeably watered down (RC3 was rated PG-13, while the first two films had both been rated "R") in the hopes of turning the cyborg lawman into a kid-friendly superhero that could be spun off into TV cartoons, action figures and other merchandise. However, RC3's anemic box office performance quickly scuttled those ideas

Hey, fat, just so you know ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4Sqn0eX_Q

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoboCop_%28comics%29#Marvel_Comics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufNob-aEqbA

Yep, they tried their damnedest to cross him over into more kid-friendly media but none of it truly caught on....

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  ROBOCOP Remake 2014 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.