Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:50 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Redneck meets his demise in the ceiling of a theatre! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redneck meets his demise in the ceiling of a theatre!  (Read 3071 times)
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 14, 2013, 08:32:45 AM »

Ok guys I know this is going to be an easy one and once you figure it out I'm going to kick myself for not knowing it but I'm stumped so here goes. A few days ago was the 30th anniversary of the exorcist and so the Alamo Drafthouse in my hometown played it in theatres. I was there loving every minute of it and they were playing cool previews like ghoulies and movies along those lines. One of the ads for alamo drafthouse had a cut scene where some kids were in a theatre and there was a redneck dude and his girl sitting behind them. The redneck says something about his girl I think and the kids turn around and tell him something. I think they were telling him to shut up. Anyway he ends up getting sucked into the ceiling by something that looked like a blob.
Anyway it looked awesome and I cant remember wtf movie this is from. I know its not the stuff because I just watched that a couple days ago. I don't remember that scene being in the blob remake but maybe i should watch it today to confirm. in my opinion the scene did look like it was probably 80's era. any help would be greatly appreciated!
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 08:49:06 AM »

I did see the "Blob" remake from 1988 fairly recently (within the past year) and I'm pretty sure the scene you describe was in it.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 09:02:15 AM »

Yeah that was my first guess. I'm watching the movie right now to confirm and I'll report back when its over. Thanks for your input man!
dick rambone
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:52:08 AM »

Yup you nailed it. It was from the blob 1988 version. Man what an awesome movie. The special effects are incredible as is dillons mullet. Thanks for your help. Consider this one SOLVED
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Redneck meets his demise in the ceiling of a theatre! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.