Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:24:19 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Porky's series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Porky's series  (Read 10872 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: September 25, 2013, 03:42:58 PM »

We all know Porky's.  In fact, you're probably thinking of the shower scene righty now.  You might not remember a single other thing about the movies but you remember the shower scene.  Everybody does.  So let's talk about them. 

I picked up the Pork's three pack for dirt cheap recently.  Actually, I didn't even know they made three Porky's movies until then.  I was vaguely aware of a second one, but had never seen it. 

Watching them all... I'm surprised by them.  They have much more of a mean spirited sleazy feel than most 80s teen sex comedies.  It may have had something to do with the low budget but the characters certainly didn't seem to help either. 

Porky himself was written far as far less humorous and far more vicious than most villains of his type too.  Also, for some reason, Porky wasn't even in the second movie.  It was called Porky's 2, but there was no Porky's involved. 

So, who else has seen them and what are your thoughts?
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:21:45 PM »

I hadn't seen any of the "Porky's" flicks in a long time but I've managed to re-visit them all over the past year or two thanks to Fox Movie Channel (before they started editing the movies and adding commercial breaks)...

The original is actually my least favorite of the series, believe it or not. I mean, it's funny, but I think I simply burned myself out on it after watching it literally dozens of times on HBO back in the day. I don't ever need to see it again.

I have always thought that "Porky's II: The Next Day" was the best film of the three. I loved watching the gang give the local KKK chapter and the religious nuts their just desserts. ("So sayeth the shepherd?" "SO SAYETH THE FLOCK!" ... "GET THE FLOCK OUTTA HERE!")

"Porky's Revenge" would be utterly forgettable if it weren't for the presence of my favorite Playboy Playmate ever, Kimberly Evenson (Miss September 1984) in a bit part as the Swedish exchange student, "Inga" ("Ya, ya. Plug.")
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:00:27 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Archivist

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 02:10:11 AM »

My first encounter with Porky's was in the mid 80's, when watching it on VHS with friends.  Strangely, I don't recall the shower scene at all, only three things:

- the girl with a spectacular backside, with the broken down car, who turns out to have braces
- the large muscular friend doing pushups with someone sitting on his back
- the girl with braces crawling over the pushup guy

I hope I'm thinking of the correct 80's teen movie!

Oh, and there was one other thing.  A girl with a bra filled with fake vomit.  Even as a young teenager, I thought this movie was pretty dumb.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:28:42 AM »

I liked the first one, purely because of the scenery.  I can barely remember the plot.  Didn't like the second one, never knew there was a third one.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 09:59:05 AM »

My first encounter with Porky's was in the mid 80's, when watching it on VHS with friends.  Strangely, I don't recall the shower scene at all, only three things:

- the girl with a spectacular backside, with the broken down car, who turns out to have braces
- the large muscular friend doing pushups with someone sitting on his back
- the girl with braces crawling over the pushup guy

I hope I'm thinking of the correct 80's teen movie!

Oh, and there was one other thing.  A girl with a bra filled with fake vomit.  Even as a young teenager, I thought this movie was pretty dumb.

The "Bra filled with fake vomit" scene is in "Porky's II."

And if I'm not mistaken, the "girl with braces" scenes you describe are both in the third film, "Porky's Revenge." The girl (who looked spectacular from behind but had a shovel face) turned out to be Porky's sex-crazed daughter, "Blossom."

Maybe that's why you don't remember the shower scene... you might not have seen the original!  TeddyR

zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 02:50:29 PM »

Am I the only guy in the United States that wanted to bone Porky's daughter? I'm a free thinker that is highly aware that there are consequences to every action; those braces were on her face for a reason. They all look the same when the lights are turned off anyway.  TeddyR

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 05:09:01 PM »

I agree. Screwballs was a lot more fun
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »

Its been forever since I have seen any of these but since you've brought them up I am putting them on my radar for a viewing again. Seems like the early 80s cranked out tons of these types of movies. One of my all time favorites was "Hot Moves" from 1984 starring ultra babe Debbie Richter.

Mr. Carter - "Please, can we call it a tallywacker?"

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Apparently there's a fourth film in the series from 2010.

Haven't seen it though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:09:24 AM »

Apparently there's a fourth film in the series from 2010.

Haven't seen it though.
You made me curious, so I went and looked it up. 

Apparently it was filmed in 14 days using sets from other movies that hadn't been torn down yet.  The made it solely to fulfill contractual obligations that required them to make a Porky's movie or lose the rights.  They started filming before there was a completed script and as soon as it was finished, they changed the name to Pimpin' Pee Wee and only released it on Video on Demand. 

Then they got sued because the actual owners of the rights said their contract required them to make a movie with a 10 million dollar budget and their movie cost less than 1 mill. 

So... yeah, doesn't sound too good to me. 
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 06:10:04 AM »

I really like 1, but I love 2 even more ( I have an original quad poster for 2 ) The restaurant scene gets me every time.

I'm not sure I have ever seen Porky's Revenge.  The name is ringing bells, but I just cant think of anything that happens. When was it made?

tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

I liked the original the best....especially the scene in the principal's office. When the teacher suggested getting a sketch artist I lost it completely.
The second one was okay though it seemed a bit rehashed. The third one....gimme a break! If the second one was rehashed then this one was regurgitated. Pointless to me,at least.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:50:10 PM by tracy » Logged

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »

My thoughts . . .

I know Siskel and Ebert just hated the 2nd one in the series. Just hated it. I don't know if that is a recommendation to watch it or not.

Probably the most successful of the teen sex comedies.

I, on the other hand, never saw the 2nd and 3rd in the series, and as for the 1st one, I just found it unwatchable. Even though I attempted to watch it several times.

For my money, give me my "My Tutor," and especially "Private Lessons," which are at least watchable.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

My favorite '80s raunch comedy is, was and always will be the mighty "Hamburger: The Motion Picture."  TeddyR

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Porky's series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.