Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:40:13 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Agents of SHIELD « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD  (Read 9578 times)
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« on: September 26, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

Finally caught the first episode. Not bad at all. Won't hurt it to get some refinement, but I am enjoying it so far. Nice little tie-ins to the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:02:32 AM »

I enjoyed it enough to stick around for at least a few more episodes. It was cool to see J. August Richards (aka "Gunn" from Whedon's past series, "Angel") again, but it doesn't look like he'll become a regular.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 10:22:50 AM »

I forgot to record the pilot...  Bluesad

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »

I forgot to record the pilot...  Bluesad

ABC is re-running it tonight, so you still have a chance!!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:57:03 PM »

Baby steps. This series has potential, but so did The Cape with Summer Glau. Speaking of ex-Firefly and Serenity actors/actresses, I liked seeing Book in Agents of SHIELD tonight.  Thumbup

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »

Got it on Hulu.

I mostly like it. I just don't care for the plot device. It's the same explody-super-duper-drug from that absolutely wretched Iron Man 3 movie.

It was stupid in that movie and it's... Less so here. At least we didn't include the whole limb-growing thing.

The excuse to bring back Coleson was weak but we can't have a show about S.H.I.E.L.D. without Coleson. In fact Coleson's death was the only negative to Avengers as the whole scene is rendered pointless in S.H.I.E.L.D.

They shouldn't have offed him in the first place.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 01:33:16 PM »

The best thing this show has going for it is Joss Whedon. Just look at what he did with "Buffy, the Vampire Slayer," and this one has a stronger start than that one.

I was looking to see what superheroes and super villains the show's creators might bring in for cameos, but that seems to be an unknown at this time.

And it helps in Hollywood that your last name is Whedon. Joss has brought in his baby brother Jed as co-creator of the series.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 09:08:08 PM »

Joss Whedon is hit or miss with me. He had some good shows and movie projects, but also some bad ones. That godawful Dollhouse series comes immediately to mind. Alien: Resurrection was also another one for the 'meh' category. And I'm really not liking the sound of the wussed out direction that he is taking the Ultron character in the upcoming Avengers 2 movie; I just never thought that Ultron was the kind of villain that needed to get in touch with his feelings in order for us to understand him as a villain.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Archivist

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 07:39:08 PM »

While I've excited awaited Agents of SHIELD, the pilot episode didn't grab me the way it could have.  The nods and tie-ins with the Marvel movies are nice, like the appearance of Cobie Smulders, Samuel Jackson and the constant verbal references to events in the movies, but the plot itself seemed derivative of things that have come before.  As a pilot, it introduced characters and created continuity with the movies very well; but the plot itself didn't 'wow' me.  It seemed to be aimed at a younger audience, younger even than Smallville, definitely younger than Arrow.

Having said that, I certainly enjoyed it, and I hope they really bring it on.  Perhaps a danger is keeping a balance between comic fan expectations and breaking new ground.  Shows like Smallville and Arrow were/are excellent 'alternate universe' takes on the classic comic canon.  I am sure that with Joss Whedon in the mix, they will tread this balance well.

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »

So far, I'm liking it; the day's still young.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »

I have the sneaking suspicion that a couple of months from now, I'll be describing this show as "I wanted to like it, but just couldn't get into it."  While I can't say its bad-it really hasn't hooked me yet.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2013, 12:27:45 PM »

I've only seen one episode and wasn't impressed much....way too talky and so little action. I hope it gets better. I am a big Joss Whedon fan and loved Buffy though Angel got a bit odd in the last 2 seasons.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »

I continue to be pleased. While dealing with the tech/super/team problem of the week, they also seem to be laying a lot of groundwork for future developments.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »

I continue to be pleased. While dealing with the tech/super/team problem of the week, they also seem to be laying a lot of groundwork for future developments.
Ya know, as not everyone in this world is on the same level of 'super', there is room for people who still have to be dealt with. SHIELD is working threats up to a certain level, and after that, they call the Avengers.
Makes sense to me. If you like and care about the characters, you can live with it. It's all in the writing.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »

Ya know, as not everyone in this world is on the same level of 'super', there is room for people who still have to be dealt with. SHIELD is working threats up to a certain level, and after that, they call the Avengers.
Makes sense to me. If you like and care about the characters, you can live with it. It's all in the writing.

Perhaps that's my problem....except for Colson I don't really like anyone else.

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Agents of SHIELD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.