Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:18:58 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie about astronauts, mystery light « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie about astronauts, mystery light  (Read 2797 times)
nikito
Dedicated Viewer

« on: September 27, 2013, 05:46:57 AM »

Hi again!
I watched not too far ago a movie about astronauts. It was a long movie. Due its duration they showed it in two parts on the TV. Near the beginning of the movie, a father and his son are outdoors near a lake and the son comments that he is doubting about what to be when adult. He was doubting between to become an astronaut or something else I don't remember. Then the father showed him two craps, actually only one, but I am not native English speaker and I think one of the craps is a crap so.....  Anyway, the father said to his son that he will throw the craps and if the number is odd, he will be astronaut and if the number is even, he will be the thing I don't remember. The son said OK, the father threw the crap and it gave an even number. But the son said, No, I don't like the result, I will be astronaut. The father on his turn said: See, son? That's the craps for, to make you see what really you desire.
I think the earth was under the effect of some radiation that became from space. Humanity was worried about that radiation and they prepared some spatial mission to send astronauts near to the place the radiation was coming. At the final of the movie astronauts get too close to the radiation and they commented that the radiation was like warm pleasurable light and that light was passing through them and through the whole spaceship and I think this way the movie ended.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:27:01 PM »

Possibly Gattaca?

Small | Large

nikito
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »

Not at all!
Thank you anyway! I will watch Gattaca now for first time. Seems interesting.
:)
d20Daddy
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 12:33:21 AM »

Could that possibly have been "Sunshine"? I haven't seen the opening of it, but the rest sounds similar.

Sorry, I can't post the link to the trailer but I'm sure you can look it up on youtube, or somewhere else.  Question

nikito
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 05:31:07 AM »

No, it's not Sunshine either. Anyway, I always knew about Sunshine but never watched it, maybe now it's the moment. Thank you, anyway!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movie about astronauts, mystery light « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.