Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:39:30 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  A new league of idiocy is among us- Minecraft is blamed for School Violence « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A new league of idiocy is among us- Minecraft is blamed for School Violence  (Read 4933 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »

http://kotaku.com/now-weve-heard-it-all-minecraft-blamed-in-school-viol-1418633346

Minecraft, a building game that happens to have monsters, is blamed for school violence. Well, see ya people, bout to go dunk my head in wet cement, because if a parent has no clue what Minecraft is, i.e. doing RESEARCH, then this just shows why I want to dunk my head in wet cement.

yeah no.
Bushma
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »

<Sarcasm>Yes.  Minecraft is now to blame for all of the stupid kids in the world.  I'm going to force my kids (and myself) to stop playing minecraft because of the 8 bit violence it teaches kids!  They run around with swords and armor and defend themselves from monsters that attack them.  What a horribly violent game! </Sarcasm>

It also teaches arson!

Small | Large

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »

I never even played the game, bit even "I" want to go and blame it for something, lol  Wink
Bushma

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »

I just want to blame it for hours lost while trying to build something before some damn creeper comes along a blows up my project!

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 12:28:31 AM »

While we're on the subject of videogame violence,  I admit that I went out yesterday and whacked my neighbor over the head with my new Dragon Bone war hammer.  Then I went to the local liquor store for some mead, and then went home and barbecued some hot dogs and spare ribs with my acolyte level flame spell. You should a' been there!   TongueOut
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:18:42 AM »

What's weirder is that the kid brought a handgun, a steak knife, and a small sledgehammer to school in his backpack. None of which are found in the game. Maybe he was just that afraid of creepers!  Buggedout

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »

What's weirder is that the kid brought a handgun, a steak knife, and a small sledgehammer to school in his backpack. None of which are found in the game. Maybe he was just that afraid of creepers!  Buggedout

While not related to the issue, I'll go you one better. If I remmeber the story right, there was a guy who attacked a heritage center with a handgun. When he was arrested he said he was protesting Chick Fil-A's stance on gays and lesbians. 

Despite blaming the restaurant, what did they find in his backpack? A bunch of Chick Fil-A sandwiches...welcome again to the United States Of Hypocrisy.

Again, this if I remember the story right.
ChaosTheory

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:02 PM »

While not related to the issue, I'll go you one better. If I remmeber the story right, there was a guy who attacked a heritage center with a handgun. When he was arrested he said he was protesting Chick Fil-A's stance on gays and lesbians. 

Despite blaming the restaurant, what did they find in his backpack? A bunch of Chick Fil-A sandwiches...welcome again to the United States Of Hypocrisy.

Again, this if I remember the story right.

Chick Fil-A's a helluva drug.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  A new league of idiocy is among us- Minecraft is blamed for School Violence « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.