Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:40:15 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Best Bad Movies For PARTIES... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Best Bad Movies For PARTIES...  (Read 21745 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 06:39:48 AM »

Maniac (1980) (again, not BAD but it seems to work well with a group of friends)

Really? I think this would fall down quite badly in the 'Fast Pace' and 'Unintentionally Funny' categories, being that it's a gruelling slog through the gradual mental decline of a twisted serial killer. Decent movie, but I would probably stick this on if I wanted to get rid of stragglers at the end of the night, lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:56:07 AM by zombie #1 » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:46:02 AM »

Small | Large

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Gst0395
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:34 AM »

Hobgoblins. Oh god this film is awful. Non-stop horrible dialogue, abysmal hand puppets as monsters, a cheesy new-wave soundtrack and ridiculous situations.
The Fake Macoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2013, 03:34:08 PM »

Yor: The Hunter from the Future is a pretty good one for parties as well.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »

Small | Large

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
crackers
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 02:03:58 PM »

Although it's not 'Unintentionally Funny' The Forbidden Zone has always gone down really well with various groups of my friends. I also used it for visuals at one of my rockabilly club nights. People just sat there watching it even without sound.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 04:09:12 PM »

You might try Ken Russell's "Lair of the White Worm" from 1988. It has a little bit of something for everyone.

For the gals . . .
Hugh Grant in one of his first starring film roles as one of the heroes.

For the guys . . .
A smoking hot Amanda Donohoe as the villainess.
You ought to see what she does to the boy scout, when he is in her hot tub of evil. Let me just say that there have been couples who have been known to recreate that scene and the previous scenes with him, from the time she picks him up thumbing a ride in the rain to the wet conclusion.

Also . . .
Peter Capaldi, the other hero, who is now the newest Doctor Who.

And . . .
Catherine Oxenberg, as the virginal heroine, who has to be saved by our heroes, while she's wearing her Marks & Spencer's undies.

If possible, get the dvd version with the director's commentary track. After showing it to a group of friends, they now realized why the film is really a brilliant masterpiece.

Reviewed at this website.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »

How about a party movie abut a party? Of course I refer to the Mad Monster Party  BounceGiggle Smile BounceGiggle

shOt0PEbhKQ

And if you want to get a bit more serious, you can always wait for The Return Of Dracula

8ULuL07ptuY
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2013, 12:54:17 PM »

DR. TERROR'S GALLERY OF HORRORS (1967)....

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 12:59:17 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2013, 11:18:37 AM »

I DO want input. That's the whole point of making a post like this.
I'm also entitled to having an opinion as much as you are. If you don't like opinions, then forums may not be your cup of tea.

Thanks for referring to me as a "princess" though. I think defining me as such, just for pointing out what I feel like is a neglect for the "criteria" mentioned in this thread, seems very warranted.
You're really awesome and mature. Thumbs up!

I don't want to speak for ChaosTheory (whenever someone says that, it means they are about to anyway), but I would presume that he wasn't taking issue with you disagreeing with the opinion.  It was the WAY that you said it that seemed harsh (after you asked for help):

ABRAXAS?! are you guy out of your minds? That movie is slow and boring as hell. I would never show it at a party.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Puma81
Dedicated Viewer

B-movie Excavator

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »

Must just be me. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, or telling me about it. Didn't expect so many people to get their panties bundled up. Also, seemed like some pretty hypocritical name calling there.

Truth be told. I really don't give a crap. I don't think I've found a single recommendation that I've appreciated from this forum. I don't know if it's a difference in age, taste, or just plain IQ. I don't feel like I've met anyone on this forum that shares my tastes in bad movies, and it's frustrating when you throw out a line and all you keep reeling in is absolute garbage. Say what you want. I'm over it.

DRINKING CINEMA! (drinking games for movies) >>>http://drinkingcinema.com/<<<
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2013, 06:08:51 PM »

It still doesn't change the fact that people were TRYING to help you.  Again, it doesn't matter if you tell us that you don't like our choices.  Fair enough.  But, you chose to do so by being rude and incredibly harsh (and, getting even worse in the post I'm replying to now).  You asked for some suggestions and people threw them out there.

Also, seemed like some pretty hypocritical name calling there.
Who called you a name before you got rude?  The princess thing CERTAINLY came after your rudeness...

I don't think I've found a single recommendation that I've appreciated from this forum. I don't know if it's a difference in age, taste, or just plain IQ. I don't feel like I've met anyone on this forum that shares my tastes in bad movies, and it's frustrating when you throw out a line and all you keep reeling in is absolute garbage
Again, fair enough that you haven't found any good suggestions on this forum, but I don't understand the animosity about it.  People tried.  Taste in film is subjective, so we're not all going to like the same things.  Maybe it is age or taste (c'mon - you didn't have to suggest IQ), but I have a hard time believing that NO ONE on this forum shares your tastes in bad movies.  There probably aren't too many bad movies out there that have NOT been mentioned somewhere on this site.  

Maybe I missed something, but for you to get so angry so quickly at people's movie suggestions seems irrational...

If all you get is garbage, then perhaps it's time to pack up, cancel your username, and move on.  Everyone here is pretty friendly in their attempts to talk and recommend bad movies, so it might not be a good fit for you...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Puma81
Dedicated Viewer

B-movie Excavator

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2013, 06:57:35 PM »

There's too much nonsense here for me to bother replying to all of it.

I'm just going to leave it be, and let you feel like you won the internet for the day.

DRINKING CINEMA! (drinking games for movies) >>>http://drinkingcinema.com/<<<
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
JayJayM12
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »

There's too much nonsense here for me to bother replying to all of it.

I'm just going to leave it be, and let you feel like you won the internet for the day.
Wow, I make two posts and you claim me as the internet winner for the day?!?!?  I think this board might not yet be at your maturity level. Perhaps you should try a different one where grumpiness is celebrated...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Best Bad Movies For PARTIES... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.