Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:56:31 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Old horror: family curse, buried alive, and a false monster « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old horror: family curse, buried alive, and a false monster  (Read 2485 times)
mordiapender
New Visitor

« on: October 05, 2013, 11:45:54 AM »

I came in on the middle of an old horror film today on TV but I can't find it's title on any schedule. Here's what I saw:

There is a young woman, Emily, who apparently wanders to the nearby abbey ruins nightly.  Her fiance? John followed her one night and was attacked by a burned man in a cloak who had apparently be luring Emily into the ruins.  He strangles Emily who is later found (on her 21st birthday) apparently dead in bed.  The family buries her in the abbey, but she has voiceover thoughts that she isn't dead, she just can't move. 

Meanwhile, they've found her fiance and brought him back to the castle to recover.  The maid? who has been suspicious before (I mean who wears black all the time? Clearly only villains.) now comes to stab him, but because she is under the spell of the burned man, who now is apparently the father they thought long dead.  She resists him and the burned man strangles her, but not before the American fiance wakes up.  A struggle ensues, and the fiance rips a mask off the burned man, revealing it to be Emily's brother? who is obsessed with the family's curse.

There is another man who may be some sort of investigator and he has just also realized what is happening, bursting into the bedroom and chasing the killer out the window and through the forest.  The no longer burned man runs to the abbey where he encounters Emily, who has crawled out of her crypt. In his terror, he backs up and falls into a well.

The film ends with the survivors riding away in a carriage, happily chatting about marriage.
Javakoala
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:30:30 PM »

By "old", do you mean 70s, 60s or ? Was it b/w or color? If you're talking about an abbey, then I get the feeling it was either British or even European. Did it look dubbed from the original language, or did they have accents that you can place?

It almost sounds a bit like so 70s era Italian movie trying to rip off the Hammer productions.

Any details about the estimated decade it was made and the language/accents might help narrow it down.

Sounds interesting from what you describe.
mordiapender
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 02:38:14 PM »

I'm going to say 60s or earlier, based on the film played after it (it seemed similar in style, though I'm no expert).  Black and white, I'd guess British since there was only the one American mentioned.  It didn't seemed dubbed.

Hope that helps a bit!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Old horror: family curse, buried alive, and a false monster « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.