Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:01:19 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  My Weekend Triple Feature! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Weekend Triple Feature!  (Read 1265 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: October 21, 2013, 07:39:00 PM »

This weekend I rented and watched three different movies and enjoyed every one of them!  So I thought I would give you guys a quick report on each.  First of all, I watched
VAMP U (2013) - History Professor Wayne Gretsky (no relation to the "Great One") is a thousand year old Vampire with canine erectile dysfunction.  He has not been able to "vamp out" in 300 years, ever since he accidentally killed the love of his life by draining her blood in a moment of passion.  So he drinks animal blood, and sees a therapist to discuss his "vampire impotence" issues.  But then a student named Chris Keller walks into his class, and she is a dead ringer for his long lost love!  His fangs pop out on first sight and he has to drain a hapless student in the men's room before he can even face his freshman class!  Soon he and Chris are having a wild affair, much to the chagrin of her wannabe boyfriend, Fred Green.  But then he accidentally turns her into a vampire, and she goes on a killing spree, draining 29 students on her first night as one of the undead.  To make things more complicated, he discovers her resemblance to his long-lost Mary is no coincidence - she too was turned by his bite, and Chris is her daughter!  Now he must find and reconcile with his lost love in order to stop the killing spree of Chris and her undead sorority sisters.  This was a fun, cheesy movie that made me laugh in several places.  Definitely worth the rental!
    Saturday night I watched Will Smith and his son Jaden in AFTER EARTH.  I had seen several reviews of this film, and I went into it with fairly low expectations, only to find it was a good deal better than I thought it would be.  Smith is a general in the ongoing war between humanity's remnants and an alien race called the Ursa, who have been genetically engineered to sense human fear pheromones.  When father and son are marooned on the long-abandoned planet Earth, along with an Ursa that was being transported in captivity, it is up to the son to travel 100 kilometers to the tail section of their starship and retrieve the distress beacon to call for help .  . . while the Ursa stalks him all the way.  This was a fun science fiction popcorn flick, not too deep and teaming with reality flaws, that was still fun to watch.
  Then Sunday night I sat and watched a British horror film called STALKER (2010).  A writer named Paula retreats to her family's old country estate after a nervous breakdown in order to work on her second book.  Her agent sends over a PA named Linda (played by Jane March of COLOR OF NIGHT fame) to help her get going on the manuscript, which is badly behind schedule.  Linda is nothing but kind and helpful at first, but as time goes on she becomes more and more demanding an possessive. Soon Paula is a prisoner in her home, watching helplessly as another woman writes her book for her . . . and is becoming increasingly irrational and intolerant of interruptions! The plot twists are a bit predictable, but overall this is a pretty well done film.  Had a couple of decent jump scares and a solid ending.

Hope your weekend films were as enjoyable as mine!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  My Weekend Triple Feature! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.