Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:57:03 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that MST3K missed out on « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Movies that MST3K missed out on  (Read 11806 times)
Gst0395
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:13:06 AM »

I can name a few.

The Giant Claw (1957)
Creature from the Haunted Sea (1961)
The Mighty Gorga (1969)
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny (1972)
Troll 2 (1990)

I would have included Plan 9 as well but that movie is such a popular icon of bad movies that it doesn't need to be riffed.

I could name ALOT more than this, but I'll leave the rest up to you guys.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »

It was mentioned at a con that the MST3K guys wanted to do Charro with Elvis Presley and Moment By Moment with Lily Tomlin and John Travolta, as well as Billy Jack.

From a South African point of view, I would have like to have seen them riff on Nukie and The DemonBuggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »

Rifftrax did SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY; it's one of their better efforts IMO.

I always thought THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN would have been perfect. I also would have liked to see them do a real chopsocky movie, though I understand it may have been tough to riff long fight scenes.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gst0395
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »

Charro would have been interesting, isn't that like a western that Elvis starred in? And I'm familiar with They Saved Hitler's Brain, it was originally some early 60s B-movie called Madmen of Mandoras that was repacked years later and extended with footage that has almost nothing to do with the original footage, and is also completely different in tone (in terms of music and fashion style). Would have made a great MST3K episode.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »

While it wouldn't have been appropriate for television, I would've loved to see their take on Galaxy Of Terror.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »

WILD WOMEN OF WONGO
THE CHILDREN

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 12:52:04 PM »

Oh, there was SO much I had on the "I wish they'd done..." list.
Now with Rifftrax and Cinematic Titanic, they have gotten around to some of my faves.
Thanks guys.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 03:50:15 PM »

Charro would have been interesting, isn't that like a western that Elvis starred in?

Yes, back in 1969, when he was trying to do something a little different. A Spaghetti Western of sorts, it also stars Ina Balin as the love interest, Victor French, as the villain, and Paul Brinegar, who had a career in films and TV that lasted almost 50 years, but is probably best known for playing Wishbone or George Washington Wishbone, to give him his full name, the trail cook on TV's "Rawhide."

I have seen "Charro," in its non-riff version on TV.  It's not that good, but it is not that bad neither. Nor is it Elvis' worst film. That probably be "Stay Away, Joe," which he made the previous year.
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

WILD WOMEN OF WONGO
THE CHILDREN

I have the Film Crew (Pre-Rifftrax) of WONGO. It's a perfect example of a film than can only be improved by a good riffing.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »

WILD WOMEN OF WONGO
THE CHILDREN

I have the Film Crew (Pre-Rifftrax) of WONGO. It's a perfect example of a film than can only be improved by a good riffing.

WONGO is my favorite by the Film Crew (I wish that project had continued, I liked it better than Rifftrax or Cinematic Titanic).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 03:01:15 AM »

Charro would have been interesting, isn't that like a western that Elvis starred in?

Yes, back in 1969, when he was trying to do something a little different. A Spaghetti Western of sorts, it also stars Ina Balin as the love interest, Victor French, as the villain, and Paul Brinegar, who had a career in films and TV that lasted almost 50 years, but is probably best known for playing Wishbone or George Washington Wishbone, to give him his full name, the trail cook on TV's "Rawhide."

I have seen "Charro," in its non-riff version on TV.  It's not that good, but it is not that bad neither. Nor is it Elvis' worst film. That probably be "Stay Away, Joe," which he made the previous year.

During that panel discussion by Ken Plume, Trace Bealieu and Bill Corbett, Frank Conniff mentioned that one of Crow's lines in Charro was going to be "Do I smell Elvis?"  Buggedout TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Gst0395
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 06:20:12 AM »

The Mighty Gorga (1969) would have been perfect, some really obscure King Kong rip-off with the most unconvincing gorilla costume ever (only seen from the waist up throughout) who has a ridiculous fight with a plastic dinosaur hand puppet. It was a Something Weird Video release, who were probably just as good if not better at discovering obscure terrible films than MST3K was.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 01:52:37 PM »

WITHOUT WARNING
What a laughably bad film, with almost no blood so editing for content wouldn't be a problem.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 03:59:36 PM »

WITHOUT WARNING
What a laughably bad film, with almost no blood so editing for content wouldn't be a problem.

Was this the one with the flying frisbee pancakes with teeth being flung by the alien? Because I do seem to recall a lot of blood in this one. However, the last I saw it was in 1980 when it came out in theaters; I was 6 years old. My little imagination might have provided the blood for me.

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
voltron

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »

THE CHILDREN
Are you talking about the 1980 Troma movie, Russell? I thought that one was awesome and dosen't need to be riffed upon.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that MST3K missed out on « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.