Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:14:18 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider-Man RULES!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Spider-Man RULES!!!!  (Read 5363 times)
Erik J
« on: May 03, 2002, 08:52:10 PM »

Just got back from seeing Spider-man and I have one word for it...WOW!!!!
I was a fan of the comic for years and this was very faithful to the comic
I mean there were a few changes but in my opinion it was like right out of the comic. And William Defoe as the Goblin was perfect. What he did for the Goblin was what Jack Nickelson did for the Joker

As for the Hulk preview...well it was too short but it looks promising
J.R.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 09:36:51 PM »

Spider-Man is THE best comic adaption ever. Sam Raimi has once again proven his genious. This is the only movie ever to truly capture the look and feel of a comic. The colorful, disproportionate look of New York from the comic was depicted perfectly. I felt like a little kid again, feeling as though I should yell, "Look out, Spidey!" more than once. And of course Bruce Campbell turns in a great cameo. Scooby-Doo, though, looks like it will hurt like a b***h.
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 05:20:36 AM »

For "Spider-Man 2(or;Returns)",Sam Raimi needs to get into the complexed relationships and emotional depth that made the comic books so compelling(which the movie lacked,but I still enjoyed it,anyway),and "definitely"needs Doctor Octopus as the villain,since he's the main culprit who makes a major impact in Peter Parker/Spider-man's life(ala The Joker in "Batman"),and would be a much worthy rival for Spider-Man to battle,as the Green Goblin turned out to be. Nicolas Cage would be an absolute must to play Doc Oc,and can openly match Tobey Maguire as a worthy on-screen opponent.
         And,then,with Part 3,Raimi would "absolutely" have to have Venom as the villain in that one,since no other villain after Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus can easily follow in their footsteps.
J.R.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 07:34:38 AM »

Okay, first off, there was a lot of relationship development and emotional complexity. A little too much, I thought. And Nick Cage? Why must he be bandied about to be in every single freaking comic book movie in development?! He's a decent actor, but come on! He's scrawny and he looks half dead! He just does not have the qualities needed in a hero. And Venom...I'd like to see him on the big screen, but fitting the entire symbiote story (a reasonably faithful rendition, anyway) into one movie would be absolutely impossible. Doc Ock and Lizard will be in Spidey 2, so no more villain suggestions please.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 10:14:53 AM »

I saw it last night too. Man was it ever awesome. I prolly thought it was awesome because I've never been a huge fan of the comics, so I woulden't know if it was faithful to the comic or not but I thought it was an amazing movie and that sam raimi is still my #1 fav director ever. And the Bruce Campbell cameo was great, and stan lee was in there for a millisecond. If you blinked you could've missed it.

-Dan
Erik J
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 11:33:39 AM »

Everyone mentions Bruce Campbell but did anyone notice Sam Rami's son Ted?  Remember him...he played Joxer in Zena. I kept looking for others from the Hercules and Zena series to make and apperance.
Future Boy 3000
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 01:00:05 PM »

Lucy Lawless was the punk chick in the part where they were talking to people and what they think of Spidey. And where was Stan Lee?
Erik J
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2002, 02:36:20 PM »

If you blinked you missed him. It was when The Goblin first attacked. I saw him went and turned to my son to tell him who it was and that fast he was gone
systemcr4sh
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2002, 02:39:05 PM »

yeah he just yells when the green goblin attacks. its a really quick one. And I noticed Ted in there too. But I completely forgot about it when I posted.

-Dan
chris
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2002, 05:40:25 PM »

Stan Lee had a longer role in the original cut.  He tries to sell Peter Parker a pair of sunglasses that the X-Men wear.  Raimi said that it will be on the DVD.  And yes, Spider-Man does indeed RULE!!!!!
J.R.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2002, 08:17:26 PM »

The guy who played Xerxes was in the cemetary scene at the end.
Future Blob
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2002, 08:36:15 PM »

I'd have to agree that Spider-man, in fact, kicked ass. There were a few *slighty* cheezy lines, but it's a comic book. The Goblin outfit looked kinda stupid too I thought, though Willam Dafoe did a good job. As for number 2 villians, I think there was a throwaway line for spiders changing their colors, which may mean Venom at some point, though not the straight comic version, which makes sense. Eddie Brock was, I believe, also mentioned.

J.R. how do you know it will be Ock and the Lizard for part deux?
Skaboi18
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2002, 08:46:15 PM »

Just to clear something up:
Ted is Sam's brother, not son.
Erik J
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2002, 08:55:04 PM »

Thanks for the clear up.
chris
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2002, 08:56:09 PM »

Another cool part was that Peter Parker got fired by Dr. Connors as mentioned in the throwaway line between Harry and him.  Dr. Connors! That's the freakin' Lizard.  I don't think many people noticed it, but little things like that push this movie far above average.  Plus, many definite Raimi lines, like when Norman Osbourne complains that the steel's "cold" (what other director would have that line?), Peter complaining that Flash Thompson "is such a jerk" and Peter complaining that Bruce Campbell's character got his name wrong  (I agree, "The Human Spider" does have a nice ring to it).  Raimi admits that he worked on the script and it shows even though he got no credit for it.  It's about time Raimi became an A-List director (I think it should have happened after the first Evil Dead) and for those who are worried he's losing his roots, he has mentioned repeatedly that after Spider-Man 2 he would like to work on Evil Dead 4.  After two unbelieveable duds (I don't know if he had to sell out that much to get respect) it's amazing to see him back in form.  He's been my favourite director since I was 13, and I don't think I'll ever have to hear "Sam who?" ever again.  Great movie!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider-Man RULES!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.