Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:48:02 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird coincidences « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Weird coincidences  (Read 9292 times)
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Bad day at the construction site

« on: October 19, 2013, 06:31:45 PM »

Rather than look back through all 185 pages in this forum, I thought I'd simply start a new topic on a very likely previous discussion. Post your weird coincidences here. Preferably personal ones that have happened to you, or weird news in general, whatever suits your fancy.

Here's mine. I found out today that one of my childhood heroes, Zelmo Beaty, famous ABA basketball player, died last month at the age of 73. Note my screen name, which was my nickname as a child, named after this guy, and is the year 1973 when I was born. *insert Twilight Zone doo-doo-doo-doo music here* 

-------------

ABA star Zelmo Beaty dead at 73

By Tim Bontemps

September 8, 2013 | 1:47am

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Zelmo Beaty, a combined five-time NBA and ABA All-Star and a member of the ABA’s All-Time Team, died Saturday at the age of 73.

Beaty averaged 17.1 points and 10.9 rebounds over his 12-year career with the Hawks – where he played alongside player-coach Richie Guerin, the Knicks great who will be enshrined in the Hall of Fame Sunday – the ABA’s Utah Stars, with whom he won an ABA title in 1971, and the Lakers.

The 6-foot-9 center was a physical presence inside, twice leading the league in personal fouls, and was the MVP of the ABA playoffs in 1971, averaging 23.2 points and 14.1 rebounds per game to help lead the Stars to their only ABA title.

Filed underABA

http://nypost.com/2013/09/08/aba-star-zelmo-beaty-dead-at-73/

Buggedout

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
claws
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:04:43 AM »

Last week Saturday I cooked eggplant lasagna. The next day my sister came cooking for dinner and brought ingredients for eggplant lasagna! She didn't know I made some the day before. Her recipe was slightly different than mine but still ... *Twilight Zone cue*
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 11:22:08 AM »

Bruce Lee / Brandon Lee film death still blows my mind.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 01:52:51 PM »

I had a teacher who was obsessed with World War One. He was visiting the Somme battlefield as a graduate student in the 1960s and walked into a British cemetery there, and as he was preparing to leave he looked over and saw his own name on a headstone, so decided to take a photograph. As he got closer he noticed the man not only shared his name but had died on July 25th, the teacher's birthday. (Obviously not in the same year.) He saw the soldier was from a Lancashire regiment, and the teacher had come into the UK in Lancashire before going across to France. He also saw the soldier was the same age at the time of his death as the teacher was that day. Lastly the soldier had died not five hundred yards from where the teacher stood at that moment.

(I should've used this in an A-Z, huh, indy?)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »

I was watching a Football game, Saints vs. Cowboys last year. When 4 of us was watching the game, the Cowboys were good, but when only 2 of us were watching, the Cowboys weren't doing so good.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:31 AM »

I was watching a Football game, Saints vs. Cowboys last year. When 4 of us was watching the game, the Cowboys were good, but when only 2 of us were watching, the Cowboys weren't doing so good.

That's like every time I turn on a Vikings game they'll immediately throw an interception or let the the other team march down the field 20 yards at a time for a TD.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 07:44:52 AM »

That's like every time I turn on a Vikings game they'll immediately throw an interception or let the the other team march down the field 20 yards at a time for a TD.

I take it you're not going to watch tonight's game against the Giants.

yeah no.
major jay

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 07:53:45 AM »

Isn't that pretty standard for them? TeddyR  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:00:23 AM by major jay » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:14:26 AM »

Isn't that pretty standard for them? TeddyR  

LOL, I guess now that you mention it that's probably what happens whenever ANYBODY tunes in to a Vikings game.   BounceGiggle

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »

Back in 1974, after spending $1.25 to see a truly wretched American- International Pictures release called THE BAT PEOPLE, I called AIP to complain.

After being shuffled around a bit, I reached a guy in the Publicity Department, J.K. McKinney by name. We talked about the film, 4-X, he explained that AIP didn't make this dog, just handled its release. He offered to send me a copy of the one-sheet; no fool I, I accepted. I gave him my address.

He says, "Lorain, Ohio....do you by any chance know a Marge and Leonard Lewis?"
"They were my neighbors when I was little", I told him.

Small world.

He did send me the one-sheet, too; wish I still had it.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Bushma

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:00:22 PM »

Kids and I decided on French toast for breakfast, then my wife put on Halloween 4. Guess what they are having for breakfast!  French Toast!  Maybe we'll just have bacon and eggs.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
claws
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 02:40:40 AM »

Kids and I decided on French toast for breakfast, then my wife put on Halloween 4. Guess what they are having for breakfast!  French Toast!  Maybe we'll just have bacon and eggs.

Had something similar happen two days ago. I was watching Sole Survivor (1983) and my cellphone alarm went off to remind me that its time to take some medication (always 9 pm), and five seconds after swallowing the meds, Anita Skinner's film character in Sole Survivor was popping two pills as well. Weird timing.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »

So this one may seem over the top but I swear it is true.  At one point I was helping someone who was between homes check into a hotel.   The clerk needed a credit card and I let the person I was helping use mine.   The clerk noted my last name and said, "Wow, thats the first time I've seen a person with my last name".  

The clerk went on to say how she was looking for her father who supposedly lived in the midwest.   My mind immediately went to an Uncle of mine out in Iowa.  Immediately I noted a certain resemblance between her and him.   Turns out, she was the daughter of my Uncle and after one million plot twists later they were reunited.   Granted, I'm not sure if it was a picturebook situation between them in the end but it was quite remarkable I happened to stumble across her in of all places a hotel.  

Coincidence, maybe or maybe not...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 01:05:32 AM »

I decided to wash my undies the other day and then it rained all day.  Damn things aren't dry yet. TongueOut Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »

In a weird coincidence, I heard strange updrafts of acid rain fell locally in South Africa "the other day"...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird coincidences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.